Author Topic: U2 in florida...  (Read 1650 times)

Offline MarlinsFan7

• Stateless
U2 in florida...
« on: March 20, 2009, 09:47:40 PM »
Apparently, the concert in Tampa is on October 9, 2009...Friday

Is there any way to purchase tickets in advance or do we have to wait for them to go officially on sale?

I'm willing to do anything, pay anything...lol

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
Re: U2 in florida...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 08:13:12 AM »
My boyfriends family lives there. I wouldnt mind info on this show either.

Offline macphisto96

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 03:18:40 PM »
You can join U2.com to get access to the presale.  If you don't then April 14 is the day from what I've heard.

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 07:42:37 AM »
I'm so stoked that they're playing RayJay! My first two U2 concert experiences were October shows in the old Tampa Stadium. This will be freaking awesome!

Offline macphisto96

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:17:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm so stoked that they're playing RayJay! My first two U2 concert experiences were October shows in the old Tampa Stadium. This will be freaking awesome!

I'm guessing ZooTV and POPMart?  The POPMart show was actually in early November.  I remember that one well as it was my first U2 show.  What an amazing experience it was despite plenty of room to spread our legs out as Edge suggested.  I just remember that massive setup dissolving before my eyes as it became immaterial and I got absorbed by the music.

Looking forward to seeing one in RayJay.  Hoping it'll be full up.  If it is then you can bet it will be loud.  I want to be on the floor as I hear 70,000 unleash on Streets with the lights coming up as I look around to see everyone joining in one great voice.  I remember doing that from the floor for Vertigo in the Forum and it sent chills down my spine.

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 07:59:10 AM »

I'm guessing ZooTV and POPMart?  The POPMart show was actually in early November.  I remember that one well as it was my first U2 show.  What an amazing experience it was despite plenty of room to spread our legs out as Edge suggested.  I just remember that massive setup dissolving before my eyes as it became immaterial and I got absorbed by the music.

Looking forward to seeing one in RayJay.  Hoping it'll be full up.  If it is then you can bet it will be loud.  I want to be on the floor as I hear 70,000 unleash on Streets with the lights coming up as I look around to see everyone joining in one great voice.  I remember doing that from the floor for Vertigo in the Forum and it sent chills down my spine.

Ah, you're right! November 10th!

Popmart in Tampa was an amazing show even if there was "plenty of room" (I remember that too)! I took my younger sister, it was her first-ever concert, and she was spoiled forever as we had floor seats in the 3rd row from the stage. I typically catch a show or two out of town on each tour, but I'm proud of the way the Tampa fans have shown up on the last two tours. I'm REALLY looking forward to a packed Ray Jay and experiencing that very same moment you're talking about. For years at Bucs games when they'd play a snippet of Elevation or Desire over the PA, I'd imagine what it'd be like to see a U2 show there.

I was in disbelief when I saw they were bringing this particular show to Tampa. I figured I'd be in for a trip to Dolphins stadium. How many rock concerts have there ever been in RayJay? I can't think of any. I mean there have been country concerts, Kenny Chesney and whatnot; the monster trucks come to town every year, and Billy Graham's been there. But a true single act rock show? I can't recall a single one there.

I'm stoked.

Offline macphisto96

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 06:29:13 PM »

Popmart in Tampa was an amazing show even if there was "plenty of room" (I remember that too)! I took my younger sister, it was her first-ever concert, and she was spoiled forever as we had floor seats in the 3rd row from the stage. I typically catch a show or two out of town on each tour, but I'm proud of the way the Tampa fans have shown up on the last two tours. I'm REALLY looking forward to a packed Ray Jay and experiencing that very same moment you're talking about. For years at Bucs games when they'd play a snippet of Elevation or Desire over the PA, I'd imagine what it'd be like to see a U2 show there.

I was in disbelief when I saw they were bringing this particular show to Tampa. I figured I'd be in for a trip to Dolphins stadium. How many rock concerts have there ever been in RayJay? I can't think of any. I mean there have been country concerts, Kenny Chesney and whatnot; the monster trucks come to town every year, and Billy Graham's been there. But a true single act rock show? I can't recall a single one there.

I'm stoked.

Yeah, I don't think the Stones have ever played there, so U2 will be the first single rock act to play the stadium.

And I know some people with the Bucs.  They say U2 has an option for an extra night with the TSA.  This is the only Florida show, so don't be surprised if it sells out and another show is added.

I'm just so happy they chose us over Miami.  I did go down to Miami for Vertigo in addition to the Tampa show and I really didn't like going down there.  I'm not a fan of Miami as a city.

I think they realized that RayJay is the best stadium in the state and one of the best around.

U2 also has an option for spring, so they might come back to Tampa if we show up and blow them away again.  I think the crowds from the past two Tampa shows really wowed them.  The crowd was nuts and so into it.  Edge remembered how empty The Big Sombrero was for POPMart and mentioned it as the lowpoint of the tour in U2 By U2.  Still a great show, but they realized they were out of touch with the south at that point.

I'm a believer that we'll get to see U2 three times here over the next year.  Two nights in October and a night in the spring.  And I think the stadium will be packed each time.  Maybe I'm overly optimistic.

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 09:00:11 AM »

I'm stoked.

Yeah, I don't think the Stones have ever played there, so U2 will be the first single rock act to play the stadium.

And I know some people with the Bucs.  They say U2 has an option for an extra night with the TSA.  This is the only Florida show, so don't be surprised if it sells out and another show is added.

I'm just so happy they chose us over Miami.  I did go down to Miami for Vertigo in addition to the Tampa show and I really didn't like going down there.  I'm not a fan of Miami as a city.

I think they realized that RayJay is the best stadium in the state and one of the best around.

U2 also has an option for spring, so they might come back to Tampa if we show up and blow them away again.  I think the crowds from the past two Tampa shows really wowed them.  The crowd was nuts and so into it.  Edge remembered how empty The Big Sombrero was for POPMart and mentioned it as the lowpoint of the tour in U2 By U2.  Still a great show, but they realized they were out of touch with the south at that point.

I'm a believer that we'll get to see U2 three times here over the next year.  Two nights in October and a night in the spring.  And I think the stadium will be packed each time.  Maybe I'm overly optimistic.

Man! I'm so fired up after reading that! I agree with you that the Tampa crowds have made an impression over the past two tours and you're right that it really marks a striking contrast to Popmart (which is a shame, really). Search "U2 Tampa" on Youtube and there's a clip of Streets from the show. It's really something when the camera pans back and you can see that the only sections that are full are the lower level sideline seats. So, compared to that, it's been awesome that we've had wild, fired-up, energetic crowds ever since then.

Your revelations about the potential for a second show (and again in spring??) made my freaking day!!! I share your optimism!