Author Topic: Edge & Julia?  (Read 4414 times)

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
Edge & Julia?
« on: March 21, 2009, 04:14:09 AM »
I remember being in a bookstore several years ago, looking through all of the music books, looking for anything new about U2. I remember reading in this one U2 book that Edge and Julia Roberts were once dating. It didn't last very long apparently, but I think it said something about they even lived together for awhile.. I wish I could remember the name of the book.. something to do with the intimate details about what went on during the ZooTV tour, that's all I can remember. In the same book they talked a great deal about Naomi Campbell & Adam, if that helps.. :P ..I'm pretty sure it was in either Faraway So Close or Until The End Of The World, but I'm not sure.. Weird thing about the whole thing is, that book is the only place I've ever read anything about Edge & Julia being together. I can't find anything in any other book or even online that even makes the slightest mention about them ever being a couple. Not even on a sleazy gossip rag site! I wonder why if it's true, you never heard about the whole thing again? Seems to me someone especially as high profile as Julia, that whole thing would of been all over the media. You know? You hear about A- list celebrities past scandals and all that all of the time in the media, but you never hear about this anywhere. Media sure wasn't shy about blasting Naomi & Adam all over the place, after all. Hmmm.

Anyone else read about that or know what I'm talking about? No big deal! Just got to thinking about it tonight because I read about her in the news or something.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
Re: Edge & Julia?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 04:40:16 AM »
Was this perhaps in the infamous Lola Cashman book? I forget the title. . . I also wouldn't put much stock in what she had to say. If true however, at least Julia has good taste.

Offline mofomat

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:10:47 AM »
I've heard this rumour before. My guess is that someone was mistaking Morleigh (his current wife) with Julia Roberts. They do look similar. The same also goes for the constant rumours of Bono being "seen" with Andrea Corr. She resembles Ali.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 07:16:10 AM »
There's a picture of Julia Roberts in 'u2 & i' sat talking with bono I think on their private jet

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 11:27:19 PM »
she was practicing for her role in pretty woman?  :D

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 09:23:56 PM »
It's not true...

Offline Belisama

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 10:01:21 PM »
m2 you are everywhere tonight.

Offline TotallyDaft

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 04:59:49 PM »
Didn't she stay in a guest house of his when that whole "Julia Roberts Jilts Keifer Sutherland" thing happened? Maybe that's what is being referenced.

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:27:57 PM »
Reminds me of Bono's dad. "Pretty woman? my ar*e!" or something to that effect... ;D

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 01:42:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

he is allways watching us!  :P in a good way though, like a guardian angel  :P

Offline Belisama

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 01:44:28 PM »

he is allways watching us!  :P in a good way though, like a guardian Angel :P
I know, I just found this an intersting area for him to comment on!

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 08:35:02 AM »
Hey, at least they are associating  Edge with a beauty.  And, do not forget, he is a giant rock star.  He has a reputation to keep up. Even though it is probably not true, I think it raises him higher in  the rock star status in my eyes. 

We all dream of being a rock star- I always hoped that Nicole Kidman or Angelina Jolie was in my dream.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 02:50:49 PM »
Was this perhaps in the infamous Lola Cashman book? I forget the title. . . I also wouldn't put much stock in what she had to say. If true however, at least Julia has good taste.

She also married Lye Lovett  :P

eurydice

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 08:05:18 AM »
I always believed it was true. Of course, I wouldn't need evidence to think any woman had fallen for Edge...

The theory that is was actually Morleigh, who is much prettier than Julia Roberts, is a solid one.