Poll

Who has put out better records in this naughty time?

Wilco
2 (12.5%)
Radiohead
1 (6.3%)
U2
11 (68.8%)
Coldplay
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: 2000s: U2 vs Coldplay vs Radiohead vs Wilco (wild card!)  (Read 1818 times)

jimyjazz

2000s: U2 vs Coldplay vs Radiohead vs Wilco (wild card!)
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:09:42 AM »
Since a lot of people love/hate radiohead and Coldplay here, and they are two of the most popular bands around, I'm wondering how people think they compare to U2 in this decade. To make it more interesing, I've added Wilco, another popular, inventive band who have put out 3 (4 if live records are counted) wonderful, well loved and highly praised albums this decade.  Radiohead have 4, a live ep and a b-sides ep, and two solo albums.  Coldplay have 4 albums, and ep and a live record.  U2 have 3 albums and a few compilation songs.  So they haven't been nearly as productive. Who wins? I think it's pretty tough. 

Revolver7

Re: 2000s: U2 vs Coldplay vs Radiohead vs Wilco (wild card!)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:18:18 AM »
If you had left U2 out, this poll might have been more interesting  ::)

This is a U2 forum...if you include U2 in the poll, they're automatically going to win

Offline silkenskies

• Refugee
  • You got my head filled with songs
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »
My vote goes to Wilco, and jimy, I'm glad to see someone giving Wilco some props around here.  They manage to put out different sounding records every time and the three albums they've done this decade are all awesome. Especially Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, one of the best American albums in a looong looong time.

Offline BigFontane

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »
Radiohead is the Best

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 02:20:03 AM »
Why do even bother making these sorts of threads?  ::)

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 09:06:25 AM »
Wilco is a great band. often underrated. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is a phenomenal insanely good album. I've often thought of them as alt-country radiohead-ish. they often defy expectations.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 09:15:46 AM »
trying to compare these bands is getting to be a bit like rooting for your favorite football team. Except 1 team/band is playing Football, another is playing baseball, 1 is playing cricket, and 1 is playing that odd winter sport called Curling: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login