Author Topic: North American tickets sales  (Read 7512 times)

Offline Rlax1200

• Babyface
  • Blessing are not just for the ones who kneel.
North American tickets sales
« on: March 22, 2009, 11:47:32 PM »
YES! THE PRE-SALE STARTS TUE 10:00 AM VENUE TIME!
I"M SO EXCITED!

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: North American tickets sales
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:48:41 AM »
Did anybody get emails from U2 annoucing the first North American presales?  I've gotten emails about the European presales.  But it's 24 hours away from the US presales and I haven't gotten anything regarding the North American presales.  Are we expected to keep a vigilant watch on their website and act nearly at a moment's notice?

What was the lead time on presale annoucements for the the European dates?  I wasn't paying very close attention.

mariamontreal

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 07:53:38 AM »
Yes starts tomorrow for Horizon members

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 08:37:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did anybody get emails from U2 annoucing the first North American presales?  I've gotten emails about the European presales.  But it's 24 hours away from the US presales and I haven't gotten anything regarding the North American presales.  Are we expected to keep a vigilant watch on their website and act nearly at a moment's notice?

What was the lead time on presale annoucements for the the European dates?  I wasn't paying very close attention.

I made a post on Friday, so yes, I got the e-mail.

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:18:19 AM »

I made a post on Friday, so yes, I got the e-mail.

Well, looking back I got that email too.  It's at the bottom of an email with links for Spain, Germany and Croatia presales where it mentions to check the web site for North America pre-sale dates.  I didn't notice it because i've not been paying close attention to the European pre-sale emails as it's North America I'm interested in. I've been expecting North America pre-sale emails in the same manner as the European emails.  That's rather low-profile to add it as a footnote to a European email.  Oh well. 

Offline Rico

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 09:19:32 AM »
Yahooooo I can't wait for Toronto TIXXX!!

There are rumors they will go to Montreal!! If so I am doing a nice drive to Montreal to see the boys again!!! If they don't add a second show to Toronto. ;D

mariamontreal

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 09:31:43 AM »
Get your tickets tomorrow for Toronto, Montreal dates probably won't be for another month or so , maybe. I am in limbo , cannot afford the Toronto trip, and until I see the Montreal date, I'm stuck .

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 10:12:48 AM »

No I know what you mean.  I got presale emails quite promptly so far, but compared with the presale date release emails for Europe I should have gotten those emails for the NA tour already, and I haven't.  Yes I got the standard "NA dates are coming" email from last week -- I mean the one that says "You are a Breathe Member and your access code is _____."

I DID however get my Patriots Season Ticket list presale email.  That informs me I'll have another way of getting tickets to the Boston show tomorrow.  No idea which will be better -- the U2.com presale or the Gillette Stadium one.

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 10:26:24 AM »

No I know what you mean.  I got presale emails quite promptly so far, but compared with the presale date release emails for Europe I should have gotten those emails for the NA tour already, and I haven't.  Yes I got the standard "NA dates are coming" email from last week -- I mean the one that says "You are a Breathe Member and your access code is _____."

I DID however get my Patriots Season Ticket list presale email.  That informs me I'll have another way of getting tickets to the Boston show tomorrow.  No idea which will be better -- the U2.com presale or the Gillette Stadium one.

I've seen ticketmaster put multiple places for presale codes on some artist pages. Not saying they will do that, and if I were going to the Boston show I'd be pretty mad if my u2.com put me in the same spot in line as Pats season ticket holders. I don't have a problem with them getting in at some point, but with the boots members is the most fair way, IMO.

Update- I saw the Soldier Field Chicago page and Bears ticket holders get access at the same time as horizon members. Thats kind of frustrating to me, but I can see why they'd do it from a business perspective. As long as I get my tickets without any drama, I won't hold it against them. But there are a LOT of season ticket holders in Chicago. Not saying that all or even most will want U2 tix, but it could happen.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:22:35 AM by aarond »

Offline Mark0930

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
I have Pats season tickets too and they usually give you a different pass word.  Im in the Breathe group but am going to try both presales.  I am sure that U2 has tickets set aside seperate from the grouping that is set aside for the venue presale.  I am not expecting to pull GA in the Pats presale but am going to try anyhow. 

Offline shkee23

• Wanderer
  • That's where Adam is...Lost in Space
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 11:28:34 AM »
When will the normal sale be happening for Boston? U2.com only gives "Presale Opening Times" of Monday-Thursday, but the newest subscribers are for Wednesday. Does this mean regular sales will be on this coming Thursday or...?

I just want to be 100% sure when they go on sale so I can prepare myself to hopefully grab a few.

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:23 AM »
When will the normal sale be happening for Boston? U2.com only gives "Presale Opening Times" of Monday-Thursday, but the newest subscribers are for Wednesday. Does this mean regular sales will be on this coming Thursday or...?

I just want to be 100% sure when they go on sale so I can prepare myself to hopefully grab a few.

u2.com says public on-sale is Monday, March 30

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 12:41:21 PM »

Update- I saw the Soldier Field Chicago page and Bears ticket holders get access at the same time as horizon members. Thats kind of frustrating to me, but I can see why they'd do it from a business perspective. As long as I get my tickets without any drama, I won't hold it against them. But there are a LOT of season ticket holders in Chicago. Not saying that all or even most will want U2 tix, but it could happen.

I can't find this anywhere.  And if at all, I'm finding discussion on the official Bears message board that says that any events that have special presales are ONLY for the Club Season Tickets, not ALL season tickets (Club are the ones right on the sidelines in the second tier, the best football view, and they pay like $100-$200-ticket regular, it's not the entire stadium).

Offline zooboy

• Babyface
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 04:11:56 PM »
GUYS - I'm all set to buy tomorrow, but does anyone know if there will be a second Toronto show on Sep 17th. I remember they did this the first time I saw them on POPMart, but i can't remember if they did that for ATYCLB and Vertigo (as getting tickets was impossible and i had to sneak in (no BS - but i'm older now and I don't want to deal with that aspect). I'm thinking of rolling the dice and waiting for the following reasons:

1. Getting good tickets (ie. floors) for the 2nd show will be easier as almost everyone will have already bought their tickets the first time around

2. The first show is a Wednesday night. If I wait for a Thursday show, I can party and take friday off.

3. The second show's sound quirks should be worked out by Thurs.

4. The pattern in Europe is consistent with my thinking (ie. adding second shows for the following night at venues that had originally 4 nights in between gigs at different cities).

I don't know if I'll be able to restrain myself, but your input would help me decide.

Thanks in Advance!!

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 04:20:06 PM »
No way would I wait.  Only a select few European shows have had presales available for SECOND dates, not all of them.  If you wait for a possible second show you also run the risk of being in General On Sale for that show.  That being said, we plan to be in Toronto the day before and after the 16th for said 'second' show.  My guess is the 17th.

----------------
Now playing: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login