Author Topic: North American tickets sales  (Read 7506 times)

Offline zooboy

• Babyface
Re: North American tickets sales
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »
Yeah, but if you look really carefully, the days that have not added second shows is because they never had 4 days in between them in the first place - or they haven't sold out the first show yet, as tickets have not gone on public sale yet.

I'm freakin because I'm almost positive I'm right, but like you say, it's a hell of a risk. I'll prob have to take the hit and buy 2 tickets tomorrow and 2 more when the next show comes.

Does anyone know how much the tickets in TO will be - esp the GA

Also, what is your opinion as to the best tickets after GA? I have to prep for the possibility of not scoring floors.

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 04:47:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Update- I saw the Soldier Field Chicago page and Bears ticket holders get access at the same time as horizon members. Thats kind of frustrating to me, but I can see why they'd do it from a business perspective. As long as I get my tickets without any drama, I won't hold it against them. But there are a LOT of season ticket holders in Chicago. Not saying that all or even most will want U2 tix, but it could happen.

I can't find this anywhere.  And if at all, I'm finding discussion on the official Bears message board that says that any events that have special presales are ONLY for the Club Season Tickets, not ALL season tickets (Club are the ones right on the sidelines in the second tier, the best football view, and they pay like $100-$200-ticket regular, it's not the entire stadium).

I just checked again and the Bears Club note was taken down. Like I said, I don't blame them for rewarding customers who buy the big time seats like that...but put them with the boots group. U2 is using them for an event, so why can't they be loyal to U2 first. They skipped a lot of other venues to go to Boston and Chicago, both cities with nearby options as far as competing venues.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 04:52:01 PM »
I just checked again and the Bears Club note was taken down. Like I said, I don't blame them for rewarding customers who buy the big time seats like that...but put them with the boots group. U2 is using them for an event, so why can't they be loyal to U2 first. They skipped a lot of other venues to go to Boston and Chicago, both cities with nearby options as far as competing venues.

Definitely put them with the Boots group.  I have season tickets to our CFL team and when the Rolling Stones came here I had presale tickets for them, but I also could have bought season tickets to the team beforehand knowing this as well.  However, the presale was available the day AFTER the Rolling Stones fan club was, and in my mind that was totally fair.  Season Ticket holders for pro-sports often pay surcharges on every ticket for stadium upkeep so they deserve something before the general public, but not before the fan clubs IMO.
----------------
Now playing: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 08:40:12 PM »

Definitely put them with the Boots group.  I have season tickets to our CFL team and when the Rolling Stones came here I had presale tickets for them, but I also could have bought season tickets to the team beforehand knowing this as well.  However, the presale was available the day AFTER the Rolling Stones fan club was, and in my mind that was totally fair.  Season Ticket holders for pro-sports often pay surcharges on every ticket for stadium upkeep so they deserve something before the general public, but not before the fan clubs IMO.
----------------
Now playing: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yeah, all stadiums, especially football is mostly kept up and run by tax payers and season ticket holders. I almost feel they should get something. But I'm gonna stop beating a dead horse.

Offline Rlax1200

• Babyface
  • Blessing are not just for the ones who kneel.
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 11:03:13 PM »
Hi everyone! Just did a trial run and updated my info on ticketmaster! You guys might want to do the same, or set up an account if you don't have one! Trust me, it will make thing easier and quicker! I've done this plenty of times and gotten through a lot quicker! I'm set for tomorrow! Good luck everybody! And I'll see you guys in Chicago! 

Offline chadp123

• Wanderer
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 06:56:03 AM »
Yeah, but if you look really carefully, the days that have not added second shows is because they never had 4 days in between them in the first place - or they haven't sold out the first show yet, as tickets have not gone on public sale yet.

I'm freakin because I'm almost positive I'm right, but like you say, it's a hell of a risk. I'll prob have to take the hit and buy 2 tickets tomorrow and 2 more when the next show comes.

Does anyone know how much the tickets in TO will be - esp the GA

Also, what is your opinion as to the best tickets after GA? I have to prep for the possibility of not scoring floors.

i'm having a similar dilemma.

the current giants stadium date is on a thursday night.  i'd much prefer to go to a friday or saturday show.  but, do i want to risk it?

1.  they may not add more giants stadium shows (although that would be shocking). 
2.  if they do add more, there may not be a presale.

i want to use my 4 presale ticket allotment carefully.  if i buy 2 for the thursday show and later buy 2 for a yet to be announced friday show, i'll have no more presale opportunities - and i'm not sure if i will get an allotment of 4 more tickets for any possible 2010 dates or if this is all i get for this touring period.

Offline Rlax1200

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 07:44:35 AM »
Counting down! 1 hr. and 20 min. for the pre-sale to begin! Good-luck everyone! Calling out all the die hard fans! Let's take over the G.A. area!

Offline jimpala

• Babyface
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 08:08:02 AM »
Got my tix to NY with ease, although I did encounter an error during the waiting in line process, but I just hit continue and the tix finally came up.  I got 2 GA seats.

Offline spgny

• Wanderer
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 08:11:43 AM »
Got my 4 GA GS at 10:05 after I lost the first 4.......says GA5 and seats in the 300s...I hope it is not sectioned of with seats...

Offline danrice39

• Babyface
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 08:22:15 AM »
Just got my 4 Gillette Stadium GA tickets at the Horizon Pre-Sale.  Couldn't have been easier or quicker!  Thanks U2!!! 

Offline Rlax1200

• Babyface
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 08:24:02 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys! Waiting for the Chicago pre-sale to start!

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 08:32:55 AM »
Got my 4 GA GS at 10:05 after I lost the first 4.......says GA5 and seats in the 300s...I hope it is not sectioned of with seats...

Where... 3 concerts went on sale...

Offline green19

• Babyface
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 08:35:39 AM »
I got 2 for Gillette, $97 ones in section 114...just where I wanted to be. I had 3 TM error messages that knocked me out of the system and then I rejected several tickets as too far away before I got these.  

liewerizon

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 08:37:03 AM »
EdgeFest, you going to the Toronto show? Just curious. I am planning to the Vancouver one in Oct.

Offline spgny

• Wanderer
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 08:38:03 AM »

Where... 3 concerts went on sale...

Giant Stadium..total $291..4 GAs