Author Topic: Member Since Propaganda Days..Level 2 Pre-Sale Access????  (Read 1477 times)

Offline spgny

• Wanderer
Member Since Propaganda Days..Level 2 Pre-Sale Access????
« on: March 23, 2009, 08:58:45 AM »
I am bummed that I received a Breathe L2 access..I was a member of Propaganda then the original U2.com. Been a fan since 1983.

I let my U2.com lapse the last 2 years b/c of economy/financial troubles. I rejoined U2.com last December. When I received the L2 access I contacted fan club and said that I could provide proof I was a member of U2 fan club since early 90s...they said they would get back to me..not holding my breath.

I know that fan club changed hands last couple of years, and that I let he membership lapse..but I think someone who could prove that they have been a fan club member since the very early days should be treated differently.

I know L2 is still good, but I live in NYC area..with high level of L1/L2 members, so there is a good probability that GA will be gone by 2nd day....
Also, does anyone know if you can hold out with your code till a 2nd show will be announced? Thanks

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: Member Since Propaganda Days..Level 2 Pre-Sale Access????
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:11:04 AM »
You can still keep your access code as long as you don't use it anywhere else.

Pre - sale transactions have been going surprisingly smooth - I'm a Breathe subscriber and thought I might miss out but the waiting time was less than 1 minute.

With a second show added to London, I suspect a second show will be added to New York since these are the key U2 areas.

Offline bradjs

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:15:51 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am bummed that I received a Breathe L2 access..I was a member of Propaganda then the original U2.com. Been a fan since 1983.

I let my U2.com lapse the last 2 years b/c of economy/financial troubles. I rejoined U2.com last December. When I received the L2 access I contacted fan club and said that I could provide proof I was a member of U2 fan club since early 90s...they said they would get back to me..not holding my breath.

I know that fan club changed hands last couple of years, and that I let he membership lapse..but I think someone who could prove that they have been a fan club member since the very early days should be treated differently.

I know L2 is still good, but I live in NYC area..with high level of L1/L2 members, so there is a good probability that GA will be gone by 2nd day....
Also, does anyone know if you can hold out with your code till a 2nd show will be announced? Thanks

in the past, a second show is usually announced after the first one sells out (during the public onsale).  therefore, i don't think you be able to use your presale code for say a 2nd giants stadium show since the presale would be way over.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:27:51 AM »
Actually the second show for Wembley has been announced and pre - sales are starting again.

Offline spgny

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:28:30 AM »
I agree bradjs...hopefully I will not be stuck with $250 tickets day 2....I can only budget GA prices these days...

(Although, I can't complain too much since I recently saw them at my alma mater, Fordham, 2 weeks ago.. for free and up close...and to think I have seen dozens of shows, seen them on 3 continents,  and now at my school..where I used to throw the frisbee around listening to Joshua Tree cassette....crazy....sorry to digress....)

I think though that for 2nd legs of the tour during Vertigo...U2.com provided another round of codes...correct?

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 10:30:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I agree bradjs...hopefully I will not be stuck with $250 tickets day 2....I can only budget GA prices these days...

(Although, I can't complain too much since I recently saw them at my alma mater, Fordham, 2 weeks ago.. for free and up close...and to think I have seen dozens of shows, seen them on 3 continents,  and now at my school..where I used to throw the frisbee around listening to Joshua Tree cassette....crazy....sorry to digress....)

I think though that for 2nd legs of the tour during Vertigo...U2.com provided another round of codes...correct?

They did, but part of me wonders if that was because of the snafu the first time.