Author Topic: question on presale codes for additional leg of tour  (Read 1225 times)

Offline chadp123

• Wanderer
question on presale codes for additional leg of tour
« on: March 23, 2009, 06:51:32 PM »
not sure if anyone knows how this works, or has had previous experience during the vertigo tour when they added a 2nd leg of the tour.

my question:
if i use my fanclub presale allotment of 4 tickets for the north american fall tour - will i be issued a new code for a new allotment of 4 tickets for a future leg of the tour (if there is one)?

or, do i get 4 presale codes for the tour as a whole, and that's it?

the reason i ask is because there is a rumored 2010 spring leg for north america and i want to know if i go thru my allotment of 4 for this leg if i'll have a new allotment for a future leg, or if i should save some of my allotment.

Offline JaimeU2

• Babyface
Re: question on presale codes for additional leg of tour
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »
I have te same problem, but I was thinking: if U2 wants us to renew our membership for 2010, they will probably offer us pre-sale codes, otherwise a lot of us won't renew. As for me, I will renew because I like their gifts and I want to keep my seniority for the 2013-2014 tour.

Offline irishru2

• Babyface
  • That's someone's stuff they're blowing up...
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 08:40:40 AM »
And my question is the inverse:
Can I use my code to buy 2 tickets now, and then use that same code to buy 2 tickets in 2010?  (In North America)
Or, if I get tickets some other way now, can I completely save this code and use it for 2010?
Anyone?

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:09:45 AM »
Hey, folks,

I posed this same question to Matt yesterday, and he gave me an answer that I think pretty much covers it. Here it is:

It's a moot point, because you'll have to renew between now and then, anyway. If you don't renew, surely you won't be able to use the same code you have now as an active member. And if you do renew, you'll get a new code then ... unless they drop concert tickets as part of the 
membership plan, in which case ... it's a moot point. :-)