Author Topic: Toronto Thread  (Read 5236 times)

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
Toronto Thread
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:17:41 AM »
Hello to my neighbors to the North....just got 2 GA's to Toronto (presale couldn't have been easier).  Just thought I would create a thread for those also going to this show.  I'm not looking forward to the border crossing and the traffic on the QEW....hope all that construction is done by then.  I will be leaving Rochester as soon as possible but I will have to work that day and the next.  Not planning to queue too early as a result....hoping to get scanned in or work whatever strategy comes about from fans going to other shows.  I hope the Snow Patrol rumors are true.  I actually saw Snow Patrol the night before U2 in NYC during the Vertigo tour.  KOL is better though.  Anyway....excited as I can be 6 months away. 

liewerizon

Re: Toronto Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:33:49 AM »
Congrats dwaltman, from your neighbor from up North. I saw the seating chart for the Toronto show, the stage seems 'far' from most sections in Rogers Centre, wonder what others think of it? Still it will be a blast for those attending the concert. I am from Western Canada, I am patiently waiting for pre-sale to the Vancouver show in October.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:53:38 AM »
We have a joke now where Ted Rogers' dying wish was...

"If U2 come to Toronto.... make sure you use the baseball configurationnnnnnn" *croaks*

Offline zooboy

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:55:01 AM »
Nice, I got 2 GA's and though it's on a Wednesday, I think I'll just book a few days off work, cause I'll be smashed. I'm trying to figure out if GA's will have stupid chairs though? Anyone know. Hope they do a second show - though I'd love to use my 2 remaining purchases to see them in NYC.

liewerizon

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:58:11 AM »
Doubt there will be any chairs in GA....they are mainly "standing room"

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 10:19:16 AM »
I doubt there will be chairs too....here's why:

1. It said GA STANDING when I bought tix....although it also says GA16, I think this is just some sort of code for presale GA, etc.
2. Usually with chairs, there are GA sections b/c can you imagine 1st come 1st serve with chairs....with people running over chairs to get the closest chair?  I don't think so.

mariamontreal

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »
Bought tix section 114 row 39 , now I have to figure how I am getting there and where to stay . I have six months  . Still hoping for the Montreal show .

Offline VoxBF

• Wanderer
  • Reboot Yourself
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 02:40:36 PM »
I don't get a shot at pre-sale till Wednesday. Are the general admission tickets the ones everyone is trying for? Can't decide what's the best way to go.

silvrlvr

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 05:02:45 PM »
I can't decide what to do. It seems like all that are left are the 252 (CDN) tickets, which is $200 U.S. That's more than I spent last time, but it's in the gold zone to the left of the front of the stage, where Edge presumably would hang out and just where I want to be. Should I go for it? Or hope that there are some Chicago tix left when the presale is over? (I live equidistant from each, but Chicago will not mean a border-crossing).

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 10:53:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We have a joke now where Ted Rogers' dying wish was...

"If U2 come to Toronto.... make sure you use the baseball configurationnnnnnn" *croaks*

Too soon?

:D

I don't know why they're using baseball configuration instead of football configuration.  I am throwing out a wild theory, but maybe it's because if they used the baseball configuration they can situate the stage in such a way that the dome will close over it if it rains?  The stage is apparently 146 ft high.  I don't know, but you have to admit that's a pretty good theory... lol. 

Offline Rico

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 08:06:02 AM »
Easy as Pie!!

Woohooo Got seats for a ton of cash, but its worth it.

See you in  TORONTO!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:07:56 AM by Rico »

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
Re: Toronto Thread - slightly ticked off
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 08:23:55 AM »
So I was in on day one of the pre-sale Tuesday and wanted $97 seats!  For over an hour the only thing that came back to me where in sections 102 or 142 "behind the stage".  Finally grabbed 102 at 11:30 because, well I do have other things to do with my life.

My buddy got to go today (Wednesday) and gets $97 seats in section 116 row 15 at 10:00:00 am!

Now obviously the jury is still our on which one of us got the better seated ticket - but it does make me wonder why on day one I could only get seats "behind" and wasn't at least given the option to sit on the south side of the stage.

Yes I suppose 102 is closer to the actual stage - but again only time will tell - like 6 months of time.

Any suggestions on the method to the pre-sale sorting madness?  Is U2/ticketmaster telling us that behind the stage is actually the place to be?

Offline Rico

• Babyface
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 08:36:13 AM »
It could be ticketbastard was only holding out on a certain amount of seats day 1, and released more on day 2.

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 09:13:54 AM »
It could be ticketbastard was only holding out on a certain amount of seats day 1, and released more on day 2.

That's likely what happened.

silvrlvr

Re: Toronto Thread - slightly ticked off
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 10:54:22 AM »
So I was in on day one of the pre-sale Tuesday and wanted $97 seats!  For over an hour the only thing that came back to me where in sections 102 or 142 "behind the stage".  Finally grabbed 102 at 11:30 because, well I do have other things to do with my life.

My buddy got to go today (Wednesday) and gets $97 seats in section 116 row 15 at 10:00:00 am!

Now obviously the jury is still our on which one of us got the better seated ticket - but it does make me wonder why on day one I could only get seats "behind" and wasn't at least given the option to sit on the south side of the stage.

Yes I suppose 102 is closer to the actual stage - but again only time will tell - like 6 months of time.

Any suggestions on the method to the pre-sale sorting madness?  Is U2/ticketmaster telling us that behind the stage is actually the place to be?

Thanks so much for mentioning this! I was able to get a $97 CDN ticket this morning in Section 119. Much better for me than the $252 CDN ticket, which I just couldn't justify.