Author Topic: Toronto Thread  (Read 5213 times)

Offline VoxBF

• Wanderer
  • Reboot Yourself
Re: Toronto Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 03:29:39 PM »
A friend of a friend knows someone who does security in Toronto for concerts. Supposedly, they have been told they'll be running security for 3 shows. 3 in Chicago as well. I know nothing for sure and will believe it when I see it. I am just keeping my fingers crossed because as happy as I am with my section 116, I'll still try for GA another night.

Offline Andrews11

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 04:43:45 PM »
Well that didn't work.  Tried for my 4 tickets, In right at 6pm, No GA's, no 97.00's and some 252's!  Ca mon 2nd show!

I would say logistically there's enough time for 3 shows in Toronto but just barely.  16,17, and 18th then be in Boston on the 20th.  If you check their europe dates you'll see there's only a few shows with just 1 day seperation between towns so the more likely is they'll be just one added show at best but I hope they proove me wrong. 

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 05:00:05 PM »
Piece of crap pre-sale....if we don't use our code, can we still use it if they add more shows?  Help!!

Offline wilteric

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 05:01:33 PM »
Toronto is sold out for the presale

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

What a joke - how can a presale sell out?  I'm f'in pi**ed....screw u2.  I'm f'n done with this horse crap.  How can it be sold out when the last group hasn't even had a chance to get any?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:06:36 PM by Nagrom99 »

Offline wilteric

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 05:07:33 PM »

What a joke - how can a presale sell out?  I'm f'in pi**ed....screw u2.  I'm f'n done with this horse crap.

yea i just looked and there were only singles left

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 05:08:54 PM »

What a joke - how can a presale sell out?  I'm f'in pi**ed....screw u2.  I'm f'n done with this horse crap.

Do we have access with the same code for a second show if added??

Offline wilteric

• Babyface
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »

Yes you are able to as long as you didn't use it
Do we have access with the same code for a second show if added??

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 05:11:12 PM »

What a joke - how can a presale sell out?  I'm f'in pi**ed....screw u2.  I'm f'n done with this horse crap.  How can it be sold out when the last group hasn't even had a chance to get any?

CHILL.  The concert isn't sold out yet, just the presale allotment.  If Europe is any indication, your presale codes will be good for any new shows, and you KNOW Toronto will get at least one more show.

Some people should be thankful they never have to get on an airplane because U2 comes right to their city every time they play... I'm kind of tired of the whining already.  Especially them not playing Montreal...  DEAL.  They play Montreal every single tour they've ever done, and this one still has a leg left next year.

Signed, someone that has to drive 7 hours to an American airport and THEN get on a plane and go somewhere else to see them.  I know they don't come here.  I deal with that, and I go to them... they can't please everyone, just MILLIONS.

----------------
Now playing: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 07:46:18 AM »
look at the Rogers Centre web site - that whole week is open around the Wednesday U2 show - plus there are three sets of travelling "infrastructure" for the stage - so in other words one set can sit in the Rogers Centre all week while one comes down in Chicago and one is being set up in Boston - so proximity to other dates probably isn't that big a deal - with POP yes there was only one screen and three sets of infrastructure so spacing was a wee bit more crucial but as far as I can tell nothing lighting or video wise is that "one of a kind" on this tour.

Toronto got four shows on the last go around - yes they were indoors - but I would think a second TO show is in the cards - all the planets point that way - and there will be a Montreal show - when have they not played Montreal? 

Offline BrunoS4

• Babyface
  • Can't wait until July 3 2010!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 08:21:36 AM »
I'm on the fence on my satisfaction for my tickets in Toronto...
I am part of the Breathe group (Wednesday) and really wanted 4 GA's.
Logged in at 9:55 and tried again and again until it went through at exactly 10:00AM.
But it told me that GA's were not available.
I tried 2 more times but had to settle for Sect 126 Row 32.

I called Ticketmaster customer service and after 30 minutes of being on hold they told me that only 200 GA tickets were released for the show to U2.com members and they must have sold on the Tuesday???

What is up with that.  We are talking about Rogers Center here... it's HUGE! 
There should be a couple of thousand GA tickets available and U2.com members should have had a higher allotment.
Will try again on Monday morning....

Offline zooboy

• Babyface
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 10:14:14 AM »
Hmmm, I'd be suprised if they did 3 shows in TO, but this has me in a bit of a dilemma. I've got 2 GA for Wed and was planning on using my other two for a Thurday show. But a Friday show would be the best by Far, so what should I do??? Damn, I'd hate to use up all my tics before I knew what was happening.

How long did it take them to announce after the Euro sell outs?

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 11:57:28 AM »
Yes - Rogers Centre is huge but so are Canadian laws about "punter" numbers on the field.  What I'm sure we'll see on the night is that there will be a huge amount of the floor that appears "empty" towards the back leaving enough room for people to get out god forbid there was ever some sort of accident that required the field to be clear.  Even at the indoor show where I was on the floor GA there was a ton of space near the back - I could have spread out a blanket in front of the mix position to have tea with the kids!  So yes it's huge but they were never going to pack everyone in there.....the insurance co. for the tour would never allow it.

Logged in at 9:55 and tried again and again until it went through at exactly 10:00AM.

I called Ticketmaster customer service and after 30 minutes of being on hold they told me that only 200 GA tickets were released for the show to U2.com members and they must have sold on the Tuesday???

There should be a couple of thousand GA tickets available and U2.com members should have had a higher allotment.

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 12:50:20 PM »
btw what's the white "square" out the north side of the stage on the Rogers Centre seati g chart - roof or stage? 

Offline Andrews11

• Babyface
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »
I wondered about that, kind of makes me wonder why they went all out with GA for the entire floor of the rogers center.

When I saw them at the Olympic Stadium for Pop mart it was all assigned seating on the floor and felt really full, they had seats pretty much right up to the sides though there was some space at the back a bit.  I was only about 17 rows back but I remember standing on my seat looking around thinking this place is packed. 

For some reason with this GA set up and the looks of the maps, it reminds me of those NFL superbowl half time shows where they have some people dancing around in front of the stage but there's all this dead space before you get to the seats in the stands.  I'm sure they'll fill up more then that set up but i'm wondering why they couldn't have combined the idea of 1/2 GA in the front and surrounding the stage and then floor tickets as you got 25 yards from the stage or whatever.

Yes - Rogers Centre is huge but so are Canadian laws about "punter" numbers on the field.  What I'm sure we'll see on the night is that there will be a huge amount of the floor that appears "empty" towards the back leaving enough room for people to get out god forbid there was ever some sort of accident that required the field to be clear.  Even at the indoor show where I was on the floor GA there was a ton of space near the back - I could have spread out a blanket in front of the mix position to have tea with the kids!  So yes it's huge but they were never going to pack everyone in there.....the insurance co. for the tour would never allow it.