Author Topic: Toronto Thread  (Read 5206 times)

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
Re: Toronto Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 06:59:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I called Ticketmaster customer service and after 30 minutes of being on hold they told me that only 200 GA tickets were released for the show to U2.com members and they must have sold on the Tuesday???

Holy crap.  If that's true (usually when I call TM they don't know their ass from a hole-in-the-ground so maybe they were just passing the buck and blaming U2.com on it which is probably very likely), I feel like I just won the lottery.  I got 3 GAs with a Horizon code on Tuesday AM right at 10.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »
Yes - Rogers Centre is huge but so are Canadian laws about "punter" numbers on the field.

?

Are there LAWS?  I've never heard of such a thing.

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 06:29:05 AM »
ok the internet has failed me in this regard but obviously there is a ticket limit for the floors for safety - remember what a big deal it was to get GA standing approved for the last two tours in N. America.  Europe seems much more relaxed on this but even there there are obviously capacity numbers for safety - just what is that number is the question isn't it? 

Offline northernscum

• Babyface
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »
Be greatful that you get a chance to see them. I'll be in Toronto with my oldest (7 year old). Hopefully they will hand out wristbands and we can be on our merry way for the day instead of hanging around the dome. My advice is if being a boots member was so bad why didnt you keep your membership up to date? We all know that some people just sign on to get the presale the year of the tour but there are those like myself who have been steadily renewing for a long time (propaganda times). So membership does has its priviledges.

mariamontreal

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »
I have a ticket for the Rogers Stadium show, section 114 row 39 ,are they good seats ? I have never been there before . Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 12:20:34 PM by mariamontreal »

mariamontreal

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 08:00:36 AM »
I guess I am the only one going to Toronto to see U2 in September, geesh , wonder who they sold all those seats to. I guess none of them are members of u2.com . What a shame !

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2009, 11:11:15 AM »
I guess I am the only one going to Toronto to see U2 in September, geesh , wonder who they sold all those seats to. I guess none of them are members of u2.com . What a shame !

I am going too !  First night, Section 130A

I just caaannttt wait anymore !!

mariamontreal

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 07:23:58 AM »
All right Achtung_Habs you are in section 130A- I am in section 114 . I know we are the lower level seats overlooking the GA line and the ground right over the ground crowds heads. I was told by Rogers Stadium when I called asking if they were good seats they said I am at 1st base , the stage is centerfield.  They said they were good seats . I can't wait . We will have to make arrangements to meet .
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:31:58 AM by mariamontreal »

hurricane hugo

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »
GA 9/16.

#@!

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 12:56:17 PM »
We're going to both Toronto shows - 1 GA and 1 seated.

mariamontreal

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2009, 06:25:05 AM »
Cool that's great, I am so excited especially being in Toronto , I have never been to Rogers Stadium , I hope my seat is good section 114 row 39 I hope you have a great time we should have special signs for memebers of u2.com so they know who are their real fans . See ya there !
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 01:51:17 PM by mariamontreal »