Author Topic: Who's going to Chicago?  (Read 6597 times)

streetmission

Re: Who's going to Chicago?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 10:10:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
yes - i bought mine too...(i posted on a different thread) BUT--i bought section 143 row 4 as my husband won't put up with general admission. What do you think?? am i too far away from the FRONT of the stage or am i ok????

I just checked the stadium plan and you're in the very front section to the rear on the left side of the stage. I would say those are GREAT seats! You won't need binoculars, that's for sure!
You're not in the front, but with the way the guys move around I'm betting you'll see a lot of them.
Congratulations!

Birdlover

We're in 103 row 3 seats 1-4, just to the side of the spider leg on the opposite side of the stadium.  GREAT seats, for sure! ;D

Offline kellystefanie

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »
THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE feedback everyone!! i'm excited!! i like the idea of row 4....i've never been to soldier field so i have no idea how far away we actually are...glad to hear binoculars won't be needed!!

Offline mdewater

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »
I sure hope I'm going!!!

I'm a boots member, so I'm praying that GA will still be available by then... if not, should I take my chances and hope that they'll either add a show or that I'll be able to get GA during the public sale?

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »
Just got two VIP tix through Citicorp. Looks like we're flying to CHI Town.

Offline kellystefanie

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »
where are your seats???

Offline Mystways

• Elevated
  • wild Irish rose
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 01:03:37 PM »
I'm going to Chicago, if I can get tickets—and don't have to move in the meantime. *is very nervous* It'll be my first U2 show, and I so want to go...

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »
 Got 4 GA's! See you all here in Chicago! 

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 02:29:50 PM »
FYI to the out of towners. Since Soldier Field got a facelift a few years ago, even the nose bleed seats arent bad for Bears games. The sound also stays within the stadium pretty good now. Im hoping that translates to a great sounding show.

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 02:39:03 PM »
where are your seats???

I think it's sec 111 row 8
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 05:47:11 PM by Hawkmoon2e »

Offline kjanne

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 05:41:20 PM »
Here is a good seating map for Chicago:

And here is the large view of soldier field for the U2 show.... no numbers on their map but you can pretty much match it up!

Offline macmango

• Stateless
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »
Today's phrase of the day:

"Thank you for purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster."

Yay Chicago opening night GA fantastic!

Offline ConcertCato

• Babyface
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
Well I hope to be there! I'm as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof, because I'm in the Boots group and I just hope there are GA tix left. Anxiety, Anxiety, Anxiety! I may save my presale for a different date and take my chances on the public sale. I hope to post some good news tomorrow. :D I gotta be Positive, Positive, Positive!

InThisHeartland

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 08:02:52 PM »
Couple questions--

1) I'm not a member at all of U2.com, will GA tix be there on monday???
2) How much did the GA tix cost?
3) If I go to a store to buy them, will they have the physical ticket there, waiting to be bought, or something else? does each store have a reserved # of tix to sell only for them? please explain this to me!

Offline Mystways

• Elevated
  • wild Irish rose
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »
Couple questions--

1) I'm not a member at all of U2.com, will GA tix be there on monday???
2) How much did the GA tix cost?
3) If I go to a store to buy them, will they have the physical ticket there, waiting to be bought, or something else? does each store have a reserved # of tix to sell only for them? please explain this to me!
I second these questions! :)

streetmission

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 08:37:30 PM »
yes - i bought mine too...(i posted on a different thread) BUT--i bought section 143 row 4 as my husband won't put up with general admission. What do you think?? am i too far away from the FRONT of the stage or am i ok????

I just checked the stadium plan and you're in the very front section to the rear on the left side of the stage. I would say those are GREAT seats! You won't need binoculars, that's for sure!
You're not in the front, but with the way the guys move around I'm betting you'll see a lot of them.
Congratulations!

Birdlover

We're in 103 row 3 seats 1-4, just to the side of the spider leg on the opposite side of the stadium.  GREAT seats, for sure! ;D

I've been thinking, what if the giant spider leg is obstructing a lot of views?  They say there are no obstructed views, and they sell the seats.  I've heard of previous concerts where people were moved to seats that aren't obstructed.  Do they move you?  If not, and my view is obstructed, I'll just go stand on the concourse by my section and watch the show! :)