Author Topic: Should I bother?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline SunflowerEyes

• Babyface
Should I bother?
« on: March 24, 2009, 04:06:48 PM »
Last Friday was pretty disappointing for me, as I failed to get tickets in the public sale for the Dublin Croke Park gigs. I was on the net from the moment they went on sale, but alas, all the GA tickets were gone within minutes, whereas I was facing a 10 minute waiting time to even hear if there were tickets. I'm pretty sore about it, I really wanted to go Saturday night.

However, with the possibility of a third date being announced looking very real, I'm wondering whether it'd be worth it to join up to U2.com to get into the end of the presale for a third date. I'm looking to buy 3 GA tickets. I can probably split the cost of the subscription between the 3 of us going, but here are my questions:

Would there be a presale if a third date were to be announced?
If I joined after the announcement would I have access to said presale?
If I did have access to the end of the sale, would it be likely that I'd manage to get 3 GA tickets?
Should I even bother, or risk the public sale again?

Thanks for your time, I'm seriously dying to see U2 live (any of you going to see them at Giants are lucky, I spent 70 to see Muse on their own, and would do so again in an instant!) and would likely go mental around the time of the concert with all the hype reminding me of my failure!

Nicole, Dublin.

Offline HOOCHWAA

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Should I bother?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 04:34:35 PM »
there should be a presale but i would wait until it is definitely confirmed at this stage. this from another who was miffed at not getting standing in g.a. stampede but bid on red zone and picked them up

Offline SunflowerEyes

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:04:01 AM »
What do you mean, did you not get them in the presale? This is my last chance to get tickets, so I have to be pretty sure my methods will work!

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:49:43 AM »
Greetings from Cork !

Your chances of getting GA standing tickets for the third Croke Park gig are much greater than with the first two gigs.

GA Demand for the first two Dublin gigs was savage, and partly due to an incredibly large amount of people who are travelling from the UK, Europe and the US to see them in their hometown. A fan club member password was really needed to have success here as the public sale of GA's were gone very almost immediately according to reports from fans and media.

The public onsale for Croker 3 is next Wednesday March 1st,
the presale for Croker 3 starts tomorrow(Thursday March 26th) at 10am Dublin time for Horizon subscribers but the only membership you can get at the moment is "Boots" the presale for which probably won't open until Friday afternoon(check u2.com for confirmation), this is because it's a 3rd level membership so there are no guarantees either way, but your chances are certainly improved as it's the third gig.

Unfortunately there are no "methods" which will 100 % guarantee you getting GA tickets, it's all about reducing the odds, which is why so many people(myself included) had already been in the fanclub as we knew we would have a much better chance(not a guarantee) of getting what we wanted.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:55:42 AM by Falling At Your Feet »

Offline SunflowerEyes

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 08:21:16 AM »
I realise I won't be guaranteed tickets, but a pretty good chance is better. Were there many Boots subscribers left without tickets on the last presale? I'm kind of nervous about spending 40 euro for a subscription and then GA being sold out within minutes again.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 11:10:31 AM »
According to the forums on u2.com some Boots subscribers did get GA, it's impossible to tell how many were left without.

It's a judgement call thing really.