Author Topic: Hey Everybody!!!!! !!!!!  (Read 6332 times)

Offline Thehorsefly [whinny!]

• Desert Rose
  • Nobody gonna feel no pain,Nobody gonna cry someday
Hey Everybody!!!!! !!!!!
« on: November 28, 2008, 04:26:24 AM »
 I'm glad to be a member of this forum,finally.I had visited a couple times.
Both of my parents like U2,so they introduced me.I've known at least a few of their songs,even before I ever really knew of them as a band,since I was little. I rediscovered U2 a bit more than a year ago.I just looked up some of their songs that I was familiar with,and they stayed stuck in my head for a long time afterwards!

Maybe since I can discuss the band here,I won't have to worry so much about annoying my brother by talking about them so much! (by the way,he also likes U2.Too bad he's not a U2 nut like me!)

:)

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
Re: Hey Everybody!!!!! !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 04:47:31 AM »
Welcome! Glad to have you here. I read your post about your hobby, I guess that's the reason for Thehorsefly  ;)

• Desert Rose
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 04:55:25 AM »
 Yeah,I tried to combime two of my obssessions into my name. :)

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 07:45:03 AM »
Hola! I'm Jenny an my U2 situation is the same as yours (apart from I am an only child) You will get on great here!!!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »
Angel you're an only child?? must be a wonderful feeling, one I never had the pleasure of experiencing being the younger bossed-around sibling (why can't you be like your older sister? why can't you be a good student like your older sister? why can't you stay out of trouble like your older sister? why...blah, blah, blah.... :-\  )

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 08:52:33 AM »
Big news day for you eh?

yeah I am on only child but the sterotype of us being spoiled is completly wrong and just gets on my nerves, and I would like the company occasionaly of a sibling. But I do now it isnt allways smiles and flowers!

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 03:28:52 PM »
I am an only child also, but I don't mind it at all! I wouldn't consider myself spoiled, though. I get off fairly easy when it comes around to doing chores around the house, but all my friends have multiple expensive electronics such as  Ipods, cellphones, Wii game systems, Guitar Hero, etc, that they got as presents for birthday and christmas, whereas all I have is a cell phone, which I had to pay for with my own money.

It all evens out though. I don't think you can easily define a person as spoiled, unless they are Paris Hilton! ;D

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 03:41:11 AM »
^ I agree all I have is an mobile and an ipod! I got them for my 18th but all my friends have endless games and stuff their parents just spoil them terribly! all they say is I am spoiled, its the rich kids that get to me...

Less is more I say!

• Desert Rose
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 05:39:10 PM »
  My brother is older than me. There are certainly pros and cons to everything!

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 06:14:42 AM »
Welcome to the forum...you will love it!

mariamontreal

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 12:27:26 PM »
Welcome to our U2 fan family , the people are great . It is the best site out there and the moderators are super cool . Enjoy , browse and feel free to ask anything your heart desires !  No one is hear to judge you. If you are not sure, we are all here to help . Enjoy !