Author Topic: Rock's Biggest Egos : Bono's included  (Read 4129 times)

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
Rock's Biggest Egos : Bono's included
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:53:53 PM »
i have just read this a few seconds ago in Yahoo!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

i agree with the writer about Bono  ;D

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
Re: Rock's Biggest Egos : Bono's included
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 02:40:16 AM »
Front page, huh? Yep, and jealous he should be, Bono's got it all. "He's out to save rock n roll and the world"  :)

I like the line about Michael Jackson "go where the ego can stay big"  :D

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:25:16 AM »
I love Bono and his big ego!  He does things in a big way.  Talks big, makes big music, screws up big.  He's living large in every sense of the word.  At least his big ego isn't totally focused on himself.  He thinks his bandmates are awesome; they're making  incredible, earth-shattering music; Edge is "on fire!"   He believes he can change the world, and to my mind, that's the only kind of person who ever will change the world.  Rock on, Bono!

Boom Cha!

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 12:42:33 PM »
I agree with this list. Although I've never heard of D'Arby. ???

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 09:12:26 PM »
You have to be old to know him, Boom Cha.  When I read that, all I thought was Terence Trent D'Arby?  What the hell??  He seems odd on that list. 

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 09:48:14 AM »
a few things:

• Robbie Williams cult figure? I don't know where the writer is but every where I go I either hear millennium or Angels or see his face.

And The Gallaghers did save British rock! no matter what people save if it wasn't for them (and MSP, Blur and maybe a few more) the music scene would be down the crapper.

Who isn't jealous of Bono? People in the music industry and media just wish they where him its is like: 'it's cool to hate bono isn't it so lets all pretend we dont like him and trash everything he does'

The man has a big heart not an ego!

wow  :o I don't know why I got so angry its just a stupid article...ok rant over  :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 09:53:35 AM by Dark Angel »

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 10:35:10 AM »
I'm not really sure who Robbie Williams is.  I know he's huge over where you are, DarkAngel, but he hasn't done anything over here.  Who is he comparable to here?  I remember Terence Trent D'arby very well.  I think I even had his tape.  Here he is.    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You can see where Milli Vanilli got their fashion cues from.  :D  I actually thought he had an amazing voice.  Listen to "Who's Loving You".  Unfortunately, he was over in about ten minutes, though.

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 03:28:09 AM »
Think of you biggest boy band...

He was in one called Take That (you have probably heard of them) and he got too big for his boots lets say and quit.  He then started a solo career had a few hits then dissappeared. Take That reformed a few yars ago then got even bigger and offered him his job back but being an ar*e he refused. So he know lives in LA not doing much.

I dont really know who he is like over in the US I'm not too big on your music scene! I will admit you do have some great bands Green Day, Rancid, Killers, Alkaline Trio I could go on. But boy bands is my downfall.

Wikipedia article on him:

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 07:41:02 AM »
He is basically a nobody here Dark Angel.  And I'm not big on our music scene either! Just check my comments on the American Music Awards in another thread (maybe the Coldplay one-I forget!)  I said the only thing good about the show was Annie Lennox and Coldplay - ooooops - they're British!  What a shock!

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 09:08:02 PM »
Think of you biggest boy band...

He was in one called Take That (you have probably heard of them) and he got too big for his boots lets say and quit.  He then started a solo career had a few hits then dissappeared. Take That reformed a few yars ago then got even bigger and offered him his job back but being an ar*e he refused. So he know lives in LA not doing much.

I dont really know who he is like over in the US I'm not too big on your music scene! I will admit you do have some great bands Green Day, Rancid, Killers, Alkaline Trio I could go on. But boy bands is my downfall.

Wikipedia article on him:

Leaving a boy band at the age of 21 sounds reasonable to me. His solo career far exceeded what Take That did as a group, so why would he consider going back to do that? Those who watched Live 8 saw how much the British audience loves Robbie...he's a mega-star there.

He moved to L.A. for two reasons. One was to escape the scrutiny of the British press where he was a mega-star. The other was to attempt to break the American market which is the only major market where he has not seen significant success.

Williams has talent, but he's not everybody's cup of tea.