Author Topic: No Love for the Boots Members  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Andrews11

• Babyface
No Love for the Boots Members
« on: March 26, 2009, 06:13:34 AM »
I find it pretty hypocritical today reading the headlines on U2's websites and press releases.  'We understand the economoic times... we're gonna make our tickets as affordable as possible...' yet when it comes to their fan club base their essentially punishing people that can't afford to play the equivalent of a 265 dollar Canadian surcharge (for Toronto shows, that would be a membership for 2006,2007,2008 and 2009) since the last tour in order to get a chance to get tickets this year.

I understand giving a benefit for the long paying members, give them more GA tickets to buy on the opening day of presale sure, but it was pretty obvious there were none left for GA tickets in Toronto buy the time Boots members were allowed access. 

When your only making so much money a year, with kids and mortgages somehow buying those u2.com memberships every year when the bands doing nothing was out of the question and now we're paying the price for it. 

Sorry for the vent but had a bitter U2 taste in mouth this morning.

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: No Love for the Boots Members
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 06:21:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I understand giving a benefit for the long paying members, give them more GA tickets to buy on the opening day of presale sure, but it was pretty obvious there were none left for GA tickets in Toronto buy the time Boots members were allowed access. 

I saw GA tickets for Breathe members, and that just meant you signed up earlier this winter of 2009 or sooner.  Hardly your ridiculous "four years of wasted U2.com membership" hyperbole.  Sounds like you were late to the party and now are blaming U2 and the economy for that?  That's ridiculous.

Try to buy some GA tickets when the public sale opens or get something even less expensive.  The cheapest tickets, which were about $40, weren't on the floor they were up in the 300 level of the stadium.  If you can't afford the GA tickets, that's not U2's fault.  I can't afford a Ferrari, I don't whine about that being Ferrari's fault.

Offline Andrews11

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 07:47:24 AM »
I admit this does sound like sour grapes but I've gone about it every way getting tickets back to the Popmart tour in 1997, be it with the memberships in 2005, or tour groups for Evaluation and Popmart.  I'm not whining about Ferrari's i'm saying the system was flawed.  I guess I should also explain that I live 14 hours from Toronto on the east Coast of Canada and other then travelling to the States that's our only venue other then freakin' Vancouver 4 time zones away!  Being from a small town, me and many like me didn't see the point of buying memberships unless there was a Canadian date in Toronto or further east. 

Your right, i'm definitely going to try the regular routes now with public sales and hopes of 2nd shows but i just feel that after ponying up an extra 66.25 on top of what ever your planning on paying for tickets there should have at least been some of every type available to the Boots members no matter if it was even 1000,500 or 50

Offline jimpala

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 08:26:49 AM »
I have been a member of Propaganda since 1988 and used their ticket offers for every tour except Popmart.  Popmart I was able to get 10 front row tix via the VH1 pre-sale, so I didn't bother getting tix from the fan club.  Besides the blunder in 2004 for the NA first leg, I have been happy with how the fan club system works.  I just consider it another yearly expense to extend my membership.  I consider it insurance for getting u2 tix the next time they come around.  32 bucks to renew, plus you get a CD or two out of the deal.  My suggestion Andrews is to keep up with the fan club.  It is a small price to pay and you are 'usually' (2004) rewarded with the seats you desire. 

Offline squiggles

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 09:28:44 AM »
Def. agree you should try the public onsale, even though ideally it would have been nice to snag GA in the presale....I definitely think they do not offer ALL the GAs to fanclub/presale buyers...seems like it was a predetermined number of tix at each price point. So I'd imagine it's totally possible for you to get some. I thought I read somewhere here that some Boots pple were able to get GAs for some shows but I'm not sure Toronto was one of them.  ???

Offline Songs_Of_Ascension

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »
I'm a Boots member and I had no problem getting my GA tickets at all.

Offline Andrews11

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 12:53:35 PM »
GA's in Toronto?

I think you guys are right, might have to pay up yearly, didn't realize the renewal is cheaper, that's for the advice.

I wonder too if the fact that so few shows in NA have offically gotten dates announced that we're battling fans from all over.  Chicago and Toronto would have people coming from Ottawa, Montreal, Detroit, Buffalo, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minnesota... 

Be nice to get a heads up from U2 like  'hey guys in Ottawa, Montreal, Detroit, Buffalo, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minnesota don't worry were coming to your town come Spring!'

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 01:04:26 PM »
Not to mention Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton and Calgary ;D

Offline Andrews11

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 01:06:35 PM »
haha, exactly!  Hell between 2 of us we were trying to get eight tickets from Fredericton, New Brunswick so the fans stretch far and wide

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 06:34:53 PM »

Regina... Regina

*chants*

However realizes this is a pipe-dream and has her ass on a plane going elsewhere... :D

You can bet your "BOOTS" (sorry guys) I will be springing for the "Red Zone" if I merely have to drive across town, and even if we only have to drive to Calgary.  The cost of tickets are the least of my worries compared to travel expense.

Offline ConcertCato

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 11:15:46 PM »
I too was SOL purchasing GA Tix with my BOOTS presale:(. I attempted get them for Chicago. This is my first time to subscribe to U2.com and even though I am disappointed somewhat, I think the different group priority levels are fair. At least I have Tix for opening night in North America.

Offline SunflowerEyes

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 09:30:10 AM »
Anyone else try for the Dublin 3 presale? I figured after my disappointment for the 1st 2 dates that it was worth my while to get a subscription, as I figured most of the presales are over now and that most members will have used their codes.

Boots just went live 30 minutes ago and I came out with 3 GAs, no pressure on the system at all, wait time was nearly instantaneous!

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 10:17:18 AM »
I too was SOL purchasing GA Tix with my BOOTS presale:(. I attempted get them for Chicago. This is my first time to subscribe to U2.com and even though I am disappointed somewhat, I think the different group priority levels are fair. At least I have Tix for opening night in North America.

Finally, someone who gets it.

It's going to be a lot more difficult than some people think to get ANYTHING on General On-Sale.

Membership never gave you guaranteed tickets, it gave you the OPPORTUNITY to purchase along with a smaller group of people, and the earlier you joined the smaller the group...

Whether we want to admit it or not, there were a ton of resellers who got memberships and just added another $50 to their purchase of 4 tickets with the Boots presale.

General on-sale is going to be hell and I'm glad I don't have to deal with it... for the first shows anyway...  :D

Offline muthangya

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 02:11:59 PM »
No love for Boots members?  Did you notice that for the second Toronto show that has a pre-sale for tomorrow, it is open to ALL U2.com members that have not yet used their pre-sale codes?

For all of you that have been trash-talking the band & suggesting that you were ripped off, and those that demanded a refund, I think it'd be fair to expect you to NOT participate in this pre-sale unless you're willing to apologize.

Pre-sale or no pre-sale, it's the luck of the draw.  You're guaranteed nothing so stop running around with the spoiled brat/sense of entitlement mentality.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:32:54 PM by muthangya »

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »
Whether we want to admit it or not, there were a ton of resellers who got memberships and just added another $50 to their purchase of 4 tickets with the Boots presale.

I agree. My gut feeling is that there are more ticket agencies and resellers in the BOOTS group than the others.

General on-sale is going to be hell

Not sure I agree with that, though. I think the person that gives up too soon will be the one who's upset.