Author Topic: Probability of getting into the ellipse...  (Read 1544 times)

Offline takes_a_second

• Babyface
Probability of getting into the ellipse...
« on: March 26, 2009, 07:16:39 AM »
I know it must vary from stadium to stadium... but I was wondering how many people out of the total GA ticket holders get into the ellipse? What's the ratio roughly? I'm off to 4 shows - dublin, sheffield, wembly and cardiff - all GA... so I'm living in hope! x ???

Offline BrunoS4

• Babyface
  • Can't wait until July 3 2010!!!
Re: Probability of getting into the ellipse...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:41:44 PM »
Your a lucky duck just to be going to 4 shows!!!
And all GA on top of that!!!

Wish I had that kind of time/resources to see that many shows.

Got my Toronto seats but hoping to get some GA's and a second show would be perfect.

I too strongly want to get into the ellipse!!

Offline Mrsbono

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »
Hi
I was wondering too with the new layout of the stage being in the centre ( I am going to Cardiff - General admission) do you still have to queue up for hours to get into the bit closest to the stage - ie what was the inner circle at other gigs?

Anyone know?

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 01:49:31 PM »
My guess is that in the morning, there are several hundred people in the que already. Lucky for you - you're in Cardiff - I got Wembley which I anticipate to be much, much worse  :P

If you plan to wait in the que, I suggest eating the biggest meal of your life and drinking a gallon of fluids - then go the tiolet. After that, let the waiting commence   :P

Offline Mrsbono

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 02:58:24 PM »
Yeah i went to see MUSE at wembley last year (or year before - god memory going)
i think i got there a couple of hours before doors opened. The ones in the very front of the queue had been given different colored wrist bands to the rest but i still got in the inner circle bit.
Do you know if they have that system in Cardiff?
Last time we saw U2 in cardiff they didnt, just whoever was in the front of the queue (and RAN like mad!)  got in.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 03:07:13 PM »
Lucky you didn't get crushed  :P

Problem is that we don't get much information on how the system will work. They sell the tickets long before the date but don't give us proper information? I would like to know whether or not my money isn't being wasted!

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 03:37:09 PM »
Those subscribing to the atu2 news feed will likely know how GA works before those who didn't subscribe. Take full advantage of this site, folks.

Offline miketighe

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 03:51:10 PM »
Last time we got fenced off and put in a queue at Manchester...those that had been in a queue got fenced into a special 'vertiport' and allowed in the inner circle first. Who's going sheffield? Im in GA - fancy queuing together?

Mike :D