Author Topic: GA and dehydrating!!  (Read 2851 times)

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
Re: GA and dehydrating!!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I understand that venues generally don't allow you to bring drinks into the stadiums... what do you do when the doors open?? litter the line with empty bottles and cans??? lol

For Croke Park Dublin at least, you can bring in any liquids you like so long as they are in non glass, metal or plastic containers. (no alcohol of course). Theres no problem bringing in food of any description.

So any liquid in a Tetrapaks is fine, liquids in Foil Pouches such as "Capri Sun" and other juices are fine. Better to bring in your own drinks, as you can choose yourself what you want, plus you have it on you at all times.

Is it true that in the US you can't bring any beverages or food at all in to a venue ?

Absolutely true. It's a given. As far as I know, for controlled-entrance, ticketed experiences of any kind, whether movies, concerts, sporting events, theme parks, etc., I've never seen any that allowed food or drink, with the sole exception being liquids and/or small snacks for infants and toddlers. Typically, if you pass through a gate with a ticket, food and drink stays outside.

Our baseball stadium allows unopened plastic bottles and coolers provided they only have food and fit in their little cage that all bags have to pass through. But every football stadium is that way I am 99% sure.

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 10:45:30 AM »
Queuing is what us Brits do best!! We love a good queue!!  ;D Better get on my running shoes for when they open those gates!! I'm only little, I need to get to the front to see!!!

A lot of brits have told me they are good at queuing. Most of us in the states are well below average.

Offline takes_a_second

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 10:46:49 AM »
Queuing is an artform!! Particularly when it's rewarded by a good spot near the stage!!!  :)

Offline Rico

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 11:14:07 AM »
Yes the U2 fans are the friendly type. In AYCLB tour someone started smoking weed and everyone ratted the pot head out and got booted.
In Vertigo some fan next to us was sooooo drunk the she drank my gf's bottle water that she placed in her drink holder. We didn't say nothing to her, but my gf had a bad cold that day. ;D

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 11:15:50 AM »
I understand that venues generally don't allow you to bring drinks into the stadiums... what do you do when the doors open?? litter the line with empty bottles and cans??? lol

For Croke Park Dublin at least, you can bring in any liquids you like so long as they are in non glass, metal or plastic containers. (no alcohol of course). Theres no problem bringing in food of any description.

So any liquid in a Tetrapaks is fine, liquids in Foil Pouches such as "Capri Sun" and other juices are fine. Better to bring in your own drinks, as you can choose yourself what you want, plus you have it on you at all times.

Is it true that in the US you can't bring any beverages or food at all in to a venue ?

Absolutely true. It's a given. As far as I know, for controlled-entrance, ticketed experiences of any kind, whether movies, concerts, sporting events, theme parks, etc., I've never seen any that allowed food or drink, with the sole exception being liquids and/or small snacks for infants and toddlers. Typically, if you pass through a gate with a ticket, food and drink stays outside.

Our baseball stadium allows unopened plastic bottles and coolers provided they only have food and fit in their little cage that all bags have to pass through. But every football stadium is that way I am 99% sure.

Ah! You know, I spoke too quickly. Now that you mention it I think the Rays here in the Tampa Bay area enacted the same policy about a year ago. Pretty rare, since at most venues they're so concerned with driving traffic to their onsite vendors. (I recall staggering beer prices at some of the U2 shows, and Bono stopping mid sentence at the Vertigo show in Tampa to point out the cotton candy vendor walking the aisles. "What's that? A space ship??" I'd sure be annoyed by an enormous tower of "candy floss" blocking my view!)

Offline Rico

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 11:19:54 AM »
lol!!

The beach balls also get confiscated fast too.

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 08:54:45 PM »

Ah! You know, I spoke too quickly. Now that you mention it I think the Rays here in the Tampa Bay area enacted the same policy about a year ago. Pretty rare, since at most venues they're so concerned with driving traffic to their onsite vendors. (I recall staggering beer prices at some of the U2 shows, and Bono stopping mid sentence at the Vertigo show in Tampa to point out the cotton candy vendor walking the aisles. "What's that? A space ship??" I'd sure be annoyed by an enormous tower of "candy floss" blocking my view!)

You gave yourself some wiggle room in the original post I think. I just know since I go to about 20 baseball games a year to the the Reds play here in Cincinnati. They also give you free cups of ice. They are just tiny. But I do hate the vendors walking the aisles. And your point is valid, I've only been to a few NFL games, but they are as strict as anyplace I've ever been about bringing food and drink in.