Author Topic: u2360 stage design (is stage revolving?) better sitting behind the stage??  (Read 3995 times)

Offline superstar905

• Stateless
Ok, I have tickets for the Rogers Center section 104 row5 or section 127 row 18.   This discussion really interests me as I've been trying to decide where is the best place to sit!

Here is the seating map, what do you guys recommend? (click the PDF for U2360)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Also, is the stage revolving???

Thanks in advance!

Offline Rico

• Babyface
I would go for 104, your a bit more close to the stage, looks like the big spider leg is in your way.

I am in 113A row 30, looks okay.

Offline zooboy

• Babyface
I gotta disagree. I had tickets to ATYCLB behind the stage and after 2 songs me and my buddy said screw this and we went around and stood in a doorway for a better view for the rest of the show.

Now I know, this is supposedly 360, but Bono will focus most of his energy towards the bigger area of fans. And you want to be part of the energy!! There's barely any seating in the back of Rogers Centre (b/c of the Jumbotron and the restaurant and hotel rooms) so the band won't pay as much attention to the back as they would in US stadiums - that truly have 360 seating. And there's no way it's going to keep revolving all show.

I would go for 127 all the way - you will still be close as the stage is in centre feild and you want to feel like you're part of the party and not just a spectator - TRUST ME!!

Offline superstar905

• Stateless
Ya, that is what I'm wondering about.   Now, if the canopy is 164ft high, then I can't imagine the legs bothering me too much, but who knows.......also, wonder if the stage is revolving....that would make my decision easier too.    With the size of this thing, I'm thinking that the stage possibly could reach the middle of the stadium....even if the picture doesn't show this.

I'll probably wait until they play a show or 2 to decide, as I'll have more information..

Offline superstar905

• Stateless
I gotta disagree. I had tickets to ATYCLB behind the stage and after 2 songs me and my buddy said screw this and we went around and stood in a doorway for a better view for the rest of the show.

Now I know, this is supposedly 360, but Bono will focus most of his energy towards the bigger area of fans. And you want to be part of the energy!! There's barely any seating in the back of Rogers Centre (b/c of the Jumbotron and the restaurant and hotel rooms) so the band won't pay as much attention to the back as they would in US stadiums - that truly have 360 seating. And there's no way it's going to keep revolving all show.

I would go for 127 all the way - you will still be close as the stage is in centre feild and you want to feel like you're part of the party and not just a spectator - TRUST ME!!

Good thoughts.  Now, if the stage kept revolving the whole show, would you agree that section 104 is better?

Offline zooboy

• Babyface
If the stage revolves the whole show, you will get to see a lot of equal time of Adam, Larry and The Edge. Bono (and the party) will be focused towards the hysterical masses in the main part of the GA. Bono will come say hi for a song or two to people in the back, but that'll be all. Don't get me wrong, you'll still see Bono, but his back or side will be to you for 90% of the time. My guess is that if you're back a bit, maybe you won't have to tilt your head way up just to see the screen. I've been to a lot of shows and sometimes you just want to step back and take it all in.

Now of course I may be wrong and it is a tough decision, but if you've got the luxery to wait, then I think you're right in waiting to hear from our European posters to see what the show's really all about.

Offline superstar905

• Stateless
I agree Zoo.   If the stage is as massive as suggested, then it should reach at least midfield, making my seats in 127 excellent I think.  The Seat chart is deceiving I think with the size of stage.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
If the stage revolves the whole show, you will get to see a lot of equal time of Adam, Larry and The Edge. Bono (and the party) will be focused towards the hysterical masses in the main part of the GA. Bono will come say hi for a song or two to people in the back, but that'll be all. Don't get me wrong, you'll still see Bono, but his back or side will be to you for 90% of the time. My guess is that if you're back a bit, maybe you won't have to tilt your head way up just to see the screen. I've been to a lot of shows and sometimes you just want to step back and take it all in.

Now of course I may be wrong and it is a tough decision, but if you've got the luxery to wait, then I think you're right in waiting to hear from our European posters to see what the show's really all about.
I will ditto that.  Find out the details from the Europe gigs before you decide.

With that said, I saw Elevation from a similar seat across the arena and Vertigo from right behind them.  Elevation was WAY better, as Bono directed his attention to the major mass of fans.  Maybe they will make a concerted effort to "aim in all directions", but I doubt that.  The arena shows have been somewhat in the round for years and behind the stage was lousy.  Across the stadium is a lot further than the arena, but you have pretty good seats.  Also, 104 is really close to the spider leg, and that has to get in the way somewhat.

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
am i wrong or does the GA standing also wrap around the back of the stage - in theory giving the band a real reason to play to all sides?  I mean why have a 360 stage, push it out a bit into the field, and then not bring standing GA fans around behind? 

honestly though all of these questions/ concerns will be answered in Europe shortly so get on with your lives and then return closer to the date....

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
I know all of it is answered in Europe, however we will have already bought our tickets in North America before then, we are buying them already. 

I guess if you really wanted to gamble, you'd have two sets...  :D

Offline superstar905

• Stateless
Just looking at the designs and it looks like the claw poles will be one big solid pole, so maybe my sec 104 seats won't be as good as my 127 seats.....also, by the looks of it, the stage is going to be massive and will reach at least midfield making my 127 seats that much closer.

Europe will give more clues.    Just read on U2.com about the claw being twice as big as the Rolling Stones bigger bang tour stage which previously was the biggest ever......that is mindboggling to think of.  I do think though that the upper deck on the sides will have some obstructed views.

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
I saw the 2001 Elevation Tour opener in Ft. Lauderdale from "great seats" behind the stage.  My rush of emotions as the show began was something like this:

Yay, they're coming!
Wooo!!!!
Yayyyy! There they are! So close!
They're playing and the lights never went down!
Wooo!
Um?
Hey?
Bono?
....Guys?
Back here? Behind you??
...Hey?

I mean I enjoyed the show, but it sort of felt like peeking through the window instead of being a part of it. I've been to six U2 shows since that one and always made it a point to be front and center after that.

Offline TitleTrack

• Babyface
If you want a good value for seats and you get into the singing and like to be part of the action as if you were part of the band not part of the crowd - I would take the seats behind if they are near the front on the lower level.  I had front row lower level behind on Vertigo and I liked them the best.  If you dont fit the criteria or the seats are higher dont take them.

Offline zooboy

• Babyface
But tdot1a this is our lives!!!! lol!!