Author Topic: Second Toronto Date Added  (Read 4047 times)

Offline homerjay

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Second Toronto Date Added
« on: March 27, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »
sorry if its already posted, but the second dates is up on ticketmaster.com

Offline zooboy

• Babyface
Re: Second Toronto Date Added
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
No, it wasn't posted, thx for the info. Looks like the presale starts tomorrow (Sat) at noon.

Offline Rico

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:39:46 AM »
Woohoo

Now if they will only add a Friday show too!!

liewerizon

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:56:22 AM »
I was feeling pretty proud for not allowing myself to fall prey to my urges and bought tickets to the Toronto (tics$ I have no problem with but it's the added travelling cost from Edmonton + accomodations + food). Now they had to go and add a SECOND show? Damn, temptations! If they added a THIRD show on Friday, that would be it for me. Silent treatment from the wife or not, I will be there. :D

Offline northernscum

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:51:43 PM »
Already going from Fort McMurray to the show... Yahooooooooooooo

Offline BrunoS4

• Babyface
  • Can't wait until July 3 2010!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 01:36:46 PM »
Yes!!!! Now I can go to 2 shows!!!!

Me:  Uhhh, boss, I need Wed and Thursday off?
Boss:  Why
Me: U2 week
Boss:  Cool have fun

Yeahhh.

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
congrats to toronto for getting that 2nd date, getting it the day after AND props the organization for announcing it today.

wonder if that makes it more or less likely the 2nd chicago show will be on the 13th.

-dan

Offline 6mp8

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »
all true

But...both shows go on sale at the same time - 10 am Monday. If you don't have a presale password then you might not be so lucky getting tix to both shows.

no?

Offline BrunoS4

• Babyface
  • Can't wait until July 3 2010!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 04:47:25 PM »
Got Wednesday tickets already (100 level) on U2.com presale on Wednesday.
Really want GA's for Thursday!

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 06:28:27 PM »
pppphhheeeewwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I didn't get tickets to the first show with my presale code - could have got the ones for $250 but, couldn't pull the trigger.

Offline zooboy

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 06:55:14 PM »
I'm dying to get NY GA's for their 2nd show. I already have 2 GA's in T.O. for Wed, but obviously the T.O. Thurs will be the hotter ticket. I don't know if I should gun for my last two "Horizon" (which for 2nd shows is grouped in with Boots and Breathe people) code tics for T.O. or wait and chance it for NYC. Damn It!!

Advice from anyone please!!!! Are NYC GAs possible?????

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 07:00:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was feeling pretty proud for not allowing myself to fall prey to my urges and bought tickets to the Toronto (tics$ I have no problem with but it's the added travelling cost from Edmonton + accomodations + food). Now they had to go and add a SECOND show? Damn, temptations! If they added a THIRD show on Friday, that would be it for me. Silent treatment from the wife or not, I will be there. :D

Wait...tickets to 2 shows AND wife quits talking? Trying to find the catch...Money I suppose.

liewerizon

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 07:37:06 PM »
Estimated air fares toToronto is about$1500.00 (2 return air tickets) + two to three nights accomodation in TO +  $1000.00 (four tickets @ $250.00 each for both nights.I am not the GA type person), you do the math.
Having say that money is not the issue, just that wife is wondering is it worth spending that kind of money to see a rock band that I had seen on several occasions in the past. Besides we have plans to see them in Vancouver this October.
The silent treatement part was merely a joke. Come on, U2 fans do have a sense of humor, don't we not?

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 07:50:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Estimated air fares toToronto is about$1500.00 (2 return air tickets) + two to three nights accomodation in TO +  $1000.00 (four tickets @ $250.00 each for both nights.I am not the GA type person), you do the math.
Having say that money is not the issue, just that wife is wondering is it worth spending that kind of money to see a rock band that I had seen on several occasions in the past. Besides we have plans to see them in Vancouver this October.
The silent treatement part was merely a joke. Come on, U2 fans do have a sense of humor, don't we not?

Yeah I was joking too...I've found 4 or 5 other guys here besides me that have wives telling them on a regular basis to stop talking about U2...even if just for 5 minutes. Maybe our wives could be friends on another forum.

liewerizon

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »
Lol.....it would be liberating for us if our wives could be friends on the same forum. I honestly believe my wife is fan, she just won't admit it. I keep telling her if she really want me to cut cost...I can always go to Toronto or Vancouver without her.  ;D