Author Topic: Second Toronto Date Added  (Read 4046 times)

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
Re: Second Toronto Date Added
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 08:01:29 PM »
Same here! I am not sure how I haven't made her a fan after these years...I'm going with my bro to the concerts since he has been a long time fan like me.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 08:12:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Estimated air fares toToronto is about$1500.00 (2 return air tickets) + two to three nights accomodation in TO +  $1000.00 (four tickets @ $250.00 each for both nights.I am not the GA type person), you do the math.
Having say that money is not the issue, just that wife is wondering is it worth spending that kind of money to see a rock band that I had seen on several occasions in the past. Besides we have plans to see them in Vancouver this October.
The silent treatement part was merely a joke. Come on, U2 fans do have a sense of humor, don't we not?

LOL.  Where did you say you are?

We are in Regina, and 3 of us are driving 7 hours to Bismarck to save about $300 each on airfare to Chicago.  Flying out of here to the US is RETARDED.

We will then enjoy the sub-$300 airfare from Chicago to Toronto.  It is just so sad it's cheaper for me to fly from Chicago to Toronto than it is for me to fly out to the largest city in Canada from the capital of Saskatchewan...

liewerizon

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 08:26:14 PM »
EdgeFest...

I am from Edmonton (long suffering Oilers fan). Crazy air fares to anywhere, thanks to our beloved Air Canada. Westjet is not that much cheaper either. What to do? I have to have my U2 fix once every five years or so. Enjoy your concerts in Toronto and Chicago.
I will have stick with my original plan to see them in Vancouver, it will be my fourth time seeing them in Vancouver. BTW, air fares to vancouver from EDm IS $1100.00 return for both. I am hoping there will be two shows out in the west coast instead of the one.

Offline BrunoS4

• Babyface
  • Can't wait until July 3 2010!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 08:23:56 AM »
I like the wife forum idea!
Although I have converted my wife and she really likes them now, she doesn't go to my levels.
She actually expects me to see them only one time when they have 2 shows in Toronto.

Lucky I live just 30 minutes north of Toronto and don't have to fly anywhere.
Sorry to those that have to incur thos extra costs....
I don't know what I would do if I was faced with such a big $$ to see the shows.
Especially in this economy.

Offline Rico

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 10:10:32 AM »
ahhhhhh I just bought 2 seats closer to the stage!!!

I have 2 for Wednesday and 2 for Thursday!!!! OMG I can't believe I bought tickets for the 2 shows!! Am I crazy???

Offline VoxBF

• Wanderer
  • Reboot Yourself
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 10:20:54 AM »
Me too!! In the 100's for first night, and GA for the second night. This is amazing. Seats are labelled GA1.

Offline 6mp8

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 10:21:12 AM »
I have 2 GAs for wednesday and 2 $97 tickets for Thursday.

Section 114, row 40 (which is the last row of the lower section I think)

I was tempted to try for different seats, but didn't want to risk it.

I'm sure they'll be great seats, I'm still just a little worried about not being able to see some things due to the spider leg stage in my view.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »
Woot.  Glad to see some of you who were dying for GAs got them for Thursday.

We had 3 GAs for Wednesday on Horizon and now got 3 $97 on the Edge side with a Boots code (hubs just joined) for Thursday.  Section 127 Row 29.

Anyone know how the seats are numbered?  All the sections span an aisle.  I'd call TM but they are probably nuts right now.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 10:37:45 AM »
ahhhhhh I just bought 2 seats closer to the stage!!!

I have 2 for Wednesday and 2 for Thursday!!!! OMG I can't believe I bought tickets for the 2 shows!! Am I crazy???

Not at all.  We're flying in from Chicago after going to Chicago from Regina, of COURSE we're going to both shows, what better is there to do that second night... we'd already planned to be in Toronto anyway ;)

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 10:52:04 AM »
OK.  Here is some totally VITAL info to everyone I came across as I searched for how seats are numbered...

Eight 747 planes or 743 Indian Elephants or 516 African Elephants can comfortably fit on the Rogers Centre field when set in baseball mode.

In case you were wondering.  Make sure to specify your elephant type, it's important.

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 01:03:21 PM »
Sweet Justice - Section 128....I've seen u2 nine times, these are easily the best seats I've had.  @u2 members should meet somewhere close to the Rogers Center for a beer or 10.

Offline squiggles

• Wanderer
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 05:27:13 PM »
Nagrom99  - awesome, glad it worked out in the end.

Have fun, Toronto peeps!

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 09:04:05 AM »

She actually expects me to see them only one time when they have 2 shows in Toronto.

Silly wives. Everybody knows 2 U2 shows are worth it. What next, she expects you to buy the regular version of a U2 album instead of one with bonus features?

(My wife was silly enough to think these things. She is a very patient woman.)

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 01:51:41 PM »
Only bought two tickets for the first show as I kept my 2 others for an eventual Montreal show next year. 

I'm section 130 A, great tickets !

mariamontreal

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 06:27:48 AM »
I'm doing the same , I got my ticket section 114 for the Toronto show , and keeping mine for Montreal-that show it's the V.I.P. package. Can't wait ! So excited , 6 mths to go !