Author Topic: Second Toronto Date Added  (Read 4050 times)

mariamontreal

Re: Second Toronto Date Added
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 06:30:43 AM »
Hey 6mp8 you are right behind me , I am 114 row 39 - see ya there . Have a sign . I will, it will be for  U2.COM

Offline exitmusic13

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 08:19:13 AM »
Hi everyone:

I've had good luck with the general on sales getting GAs to the 2nd Toronto show (to add to my presale ones) for some friends to come with!

Each of them have a different GA "code" though (i.e. GA8, GA23).  Anyone know what this means?

Thanks.

Offline onthedge

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 08:22:50 AM »
Just got 2 GA tickets for the second show in t.o. !!!!!!

hurricane hugo

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 08:25:25 AM »
Got 2 GAs for Show #1! Detroit in the house, biyatch!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

#@!

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 10:43:18 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi everyone:

I've had good luck with the general on sales getting GAs to the 2nd Toronto show (to add to my presale ones) for some friends to come with!

Each of them have a different GA "code" though (i.e. GA8, GA23).  Anyone know what this means?

Thanks.

It seems to just be a number used to track the number of tickets sold. Fake sections of who knows how many seats so that the numbers match what they want to sell. I wouldn't worry.

Offline ToRontoRon

• Wanderer
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »
Hello all.  I'm relatively new to U2 fandom as you can probably tell by my post count.  I managed to snag 2 tickets to 'GA19' today for the Thursday, September 17th show.  It will be my first ever concert in a major stadium or arena...  Yay.   :)

But anyways, I'm just a little confused. 

It seems as though everyone wants to get 'GA' tickets as though those are the ones to get.  However, when I went to Ticketmaster, all I did was ask for the best $57 seats, which were the second cheapest seats available.   (I wanted to see U2, but I didn't want to break the bank in doing so.)  So anyways, about 14 minutes later it came out with my 'GA19' tickets, and of course I agreed and finished processing the transaction.

On the map thingy, though, it shows that the GA seats are right in front of the stage.  How can the 2nd cheapest seats be right in front of the stage, as opposed to actually being in the seats?  Could it be I got fake tickets or something?  Through Ticketmaster?  It just seems too good to be true to me.  Why would tickets on the floor facing the front of the stage be the 2nd cheapest available?  Is it because you don't actually get a seat and have to stand the whole time?  I don't mind that at all.

Also, I know it's still several months away, but when should you typically arrive with a 'GA19' ticket in order to get a great spot?  15 minutes early?  One hour early?  One day early?  Sorry, I just have no idea.  I think I need someone to write a book called, 'Attending a U2 Concert for Dummies' or something.

I know this post must sound very stupid to U2 fans who have been to several concerts, or probably concert goers in general, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.   

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 03:30:39 PM »
I've got 4 in section 128 and 8 in the nose bleeds.  Some friends happy;) Some friends not as happy:(

Offline Andy Man

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 06:07:36 PM »
Was able to sang 2 GA tickets this morning!!!!  Sooo pumped!!!! As someone new the GA experience, does the row number and secion number mean anything???? From my understanding where you are in GA depends on what time you get to the venue????

hurricane hugo

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 10:58:34 PM »
Hello all.  I'm relatively new to U2 fandom as you can probably tell by my post count.  I managed to snag 2 tickets to 'GA19' today for the Thursday, September 17th show.  It will be my first ever concert in a major stadium or arena...  Yay.   :)

It seems as though everyone wants to get 'GA' tickets as though those are the ones to get.  However, when I went to Ticketmaster, all I did was ask for the best $57 seats, which were the second cheapest seats available.   (I wanted to see U2, but I didn't want to break the bank in doing so.)  So anyways, about 14 minutes later it came out with my 'GA19' tickets, and of course I agreed and finished processing the transaction.

On the map thingy, though, it shows that the GA seats are right in front of the stage.  How can the 2nd cheapest seats be right in front of the stage, as opposed to actually being in the seats?  Could it be I got fake tickets or something?  Through Ticketmaster?  It just seems too good to be true to me.  Why would tickets on the floor facing the front of the stage be the 2nd cheapest available?  Is it because you don't actually get a seat and have to stand the whole time?  I don't mind that at all.

Also, I know it's still several months away, but when should you typically arrive with a 'GA19' ticket in order to get a great spot?  15 minutes early?  One hour early?  One day early?  Sorry, I just have no idea.  I think I need someone to write a book called, 'Attending a U2 Concert for Dummies' or something.

I know this post must sound very stupid to U2 fans who have been to several concerts, or probably concert goers in general, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.   

GA = general admission, no reserved seating. There will be no chairs on the field; you'll be standing. How close to the stage you'll be standing depends to some extent on how early you're there. The venue will probably have some set time after which you'll be allowed to queue up.

#@!

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009, 12:11:22 AM »

It seems as though everyone wants to get 'GA' tickets as though those are the ones to get. 

I'm going to my first ever U2 concert too. What you need to do is buy, rent or borrow one of their recent concert videos, like Vertigo. You will see GA in all its glory. It's what made me, an old lady of 55 choose GA.  :D  They are very much in demand. We both lucked out!

Birdlover

Offline ToRontoRon

• Wanderer
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2009, 10:14:10 PM »
Thanks for the replies hugo and birdlover.

This is awesome. 

I didn't even realize that the second cheapest seats would be the ones on the field in front of the stage.  I didn't even know what I was getting when I got them.  I just looked at the seating chart and knew I didn't want the cheapest seats, up in the 500 level, so I took one step up from that and ended up with being right on the field, lol.  Wow did I luck out big time.   ;D

I have seen a lot of their concert DVD's, birdlover, and I always thought that those spots were the most expensive.  You're right in front of the stage and I'll bet the crowd is more enthusiastic there than anywhere else.  I personally don't mind standing at all.  I work on my feet all day anyways, so I'll just be sure to take that day off from work so I'm well rested and I won't get too tired without a seat.

I am completely pumped.

Woohoo!   :)   

hurricane hugo

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2009, 11:36:44 PM »
I'm just hoping it's still warm enough that night to open the roof.

#@!