Author Topic: David Bowie  (Read 11672 times)

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
Re: David Bowie
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2016, 05:23:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Listening to "Black Star" tonight and looking at the album cover on iTunes.  I was trying to decipher what, if anything, the fragments of stars beneath the black star were. I thought there must be some reason -- Bowie put those shapes there for some reason.  Then I saw they pretty much spell "Bowie."  So sweet.

Check this-- I showed the cover to my wife and she saw this in, like, three seconds.  At least she made me feel better by saying, "well if hadn't said you didn't notice something, I wouldn't have looked."  I can also be thick with the blatantly obvious, at times.  Still--  so cool David Bowie.

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2016, 05:56:45 PM »
And now listening to "Thursday's Child" and looking at the Hours cover and seeing the barcode.  Granted I bought the CD back in the day and didn't study it like I should have.  Bowie.  Having a moment, here...  LOL.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2016, 09:35:13 PM »
Just listened to Bowie for the past five or so hours and feel amazing-- haven't felt so enveloped in music since discovering U2. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't to go listen to some of his deep-cuts one day, you won't regret it.

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2016, 04:48:07 AM »
I've spent the last few days listening to his "later" material - Outside, Earthling, Heathen, ... hours, Reality, Next Day, Back Star -  and, although I already knew this(!), it is absolutely fantastic. To be at the top of his game for so long is astounding when you compare other bands/artists who have being going so long and seen the quality of new material fluctuate. Truly a one off and it breaks my heart that there won't be a new Bowie LP again.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2016, 08:07:40 AM »
I've spent the last few days listening to his "later" material - Outside, Earthling, Heathen, ... hours, Reality, Next Day, Back Star -  and, although I already knew this(!), it is absolutely fantastic. To be at the top of his game for so long is astounding when you compare other bands/artists who have being going so long and seen the quality of new material fluctuate. Truly a one off and it breaks my heart that there won't be a new Bowie LP again.
Bowie was even planning another album after Blackstar, he still thought he'd have a few more months to record.

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2016, 08:38:17 AM »
Exactly! Apparently there are five demo tracks (at least) that were laid down for the next album!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2016, 01:59:36 PM »
They will probably come out eventually.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2016, 06:01:06 PM »

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2016, 09:24:24 PM »

It better be him who prepared it.  I have much higher standards for Bowie then practically anyone else.  If I get the bowie equivalent of the album Michael, I am gonna be quite angry.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »

...y'know, this coiuld've worked for the One Hot Minute lineup.