Author Topic: David Bowie  (Read 11509 times)

Boom Cha!

Re: David Bowie
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2016, 04:50:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Where. WHERE!!! Personal message me a link pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssseee!

Scroll down a little bit.

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2016, 04:56:23 PM »
I may or may not have sent you the link to download the album, there is no way the videos wont be taken down

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2016, 09:15:12 PM »
I just listened to the whole album for the first time.

OH MY GOD IT IS AMAZING! Next Day is a really good album, solid comeback record, but Blackstar makes Next Day seem like Tonight by comparison. This album is so good.  I had a hunch this album would finally put Bowie back onto his classic period quality, and I was right.  it certainly doesn't beat every album he did from 1969 to 1980, but it deserves to be ranked up there with them.  He has managed to make an album that in my mind finally breaks past the Scary Monsters Super Creeps barrier heaped onto him for years.

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2016, 02:05:35 PM »
I just listened to the whole album for the first time.

OH MY GOD IT IS AMAZING! Next Day is a really good album, solid comeback record, but Blackstar makes Next Day seem like Tonight by comparison. This album is so good.  I had a hunch this album would finally put Bowie back onto his classic period quality, and I was right.  it certainly doesn't beat every album he did from 1969 to 1980, but it deserves to be ranked up there with them.  He has managed to make an album that in my mind finally breaks past the Scary Monsters Super Creeps barrier heaped onto him for years.

That's what I was hoping for with this record. I can't wait to hear it.

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2016, 02:42:20 PM »
Just saying, in one song he is gonna make a case for 69 year olds doing Hip Hop. And he is going to make that case extremely persuasively

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2016, 02:46:05 PM »
This album is why I scoff at fans who say they want him back in public and touring. The fact that he has secluded himself, been classy in his complete silence, and no longer cares at ALL about popularity because he know he's got that down, all of that results in albums like the Next Day and Blackstar, two of the three best post scary monsters albums in a row.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2016, 10:41:48 PM »
This album is why I scoff at fans who say they want him back in public and touring. The fact that he has secluded himself, been classy in his complete silence, and no longer cares at ALL about popularity because he know he's got that down, all of that results in albums like the Next Day and Blackstar, two of the three best post scary monsters albums in a row.
I wish U2 would realize there is no need to worry about popularity anymore.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2016, 11:46:16 PM »

I'd love for him to tour only because I've never seen him perform and it'd be my dream concert to see him. But I am glad he's focusing on recording new music now after being MIA for a decade.

I would like to include Heathen into the "best album since Scary Monsters" though.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2016, 11:57:10 PM »
i'm not familiar with the post-Scary Monster stuff outside of the post-2000 stuff.

whats a highlight album from SM-Heathen?

edit-> wait i ripped Lets Dance from a friend like 12 years ago i forgot.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:05:54 AM by THRILLHO »

Boom Cha!

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2016, 12:06:27 AM »
i'm not familiar with the post-Scary Monster stuff outside of the post-2000 stuff.

whats a highlight album from SM-Heathen?

Let's Dance, Earthling, Black Tie White Noise (very underrated, although parts of it do sound dated), Hours, and Outside. Also David Bowie's band Tin Machine released two albums, which are really good, before Black Tie.

Even Bowie's worst albums have some shining moments.

Behind the Barricade

« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2016, 09:02:34 AM »
Let's Dance isn't much good apart from the three famous singles.  A few famous singles does not make a good album be.  Think HTDAAB!

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2016, 12:15:23 PM »
If you want to start on that period , start with Outside. Easily his second best post scary monsters album after Blackstar. But if the song says Segue, just skip it. Not worth them time or effort to understand the story, and the voices make the album plodding. Just listen to the song songs.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:17:28 PM by redrunningred »

Boom Cha!

« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2016, 04:46:24 PM »
Let's Dance isn't much good apart from the three famous singles.  A few famous singles does not make a good album be.  Think HTDAAB!

Yeah, but those famous singles are really good songs. I also think Criminal World and Cat People are quality tunes too.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2016, 08:21:00 PM »
i wasn't saying LD was top-tier just it was one i've heard post-SM. But yea i do like 4 of the 9 songs i know for sure, ill check the others out, haven't heard it in about 10 years.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2016, 09:00:01 PM »
I still haven't listened to Let's Dance for some reason, but essentially half of the album is famous (and Cat People is a great song too). So that's at least half of a great album.