Author Topic: bono, please no more preaching on this tour!  (Read 17305 times)

daveyg

Re: bono, please no more preaching on this tour!
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2009, 07:41:14 AM »
I liked the big entrances of ZoTV and Popmart. The Vertigo and Elevation tour entrances annoyed me far more than Bonos speeches

countrygirl

« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2009, 07:42:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I liked the big entrances of ZoTV and Popmart. The Vertigo and Elevation tour entrances annoyed me far more than Bonos speeches

Oh, guess I'm a little slow today.  :D

Offline donvalley360

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2009, 07:31:45 AM »
I have to agree with the Vertigo tour entrance,extremely lame,i hope they do something abit more spectacular this time,in the mould of popmart,that built up the excitement just before they came on,because the experience that i had at Mnchester on Vertigo was just awful,half the people didnt realise they were even on stage at first,it was very low key!

And also,on the preaching subject,apparently bono is urging people to wear masks of some Burmese politician! WTF! I certainly will not be doing that,there are enough problems in Britain,without worrying about a Burmese politician,Bono,does us all a favour,and get a reality check!!

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2009, 08:27:58 AM »
Why do they have to make a big entrance, is the music not enough?
 The Joshua Tree entrance was easily the best, Edge/Larry/Adam playing the  intro to Streets , then Bono simply walks on stage to the microphone and "UP UP UP !!!!!" and we're away, they haven't done any intro that has beaten that.

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2009, 09:38:29 AM »
I have to agree with the Vertigo tour entrance,extremely lame,i hope they do something abit more spectacular this time,in the mould of popmart,that built up the excitement just before they came on,because the experience that i had at Mnchester on Vertigo was just awful,half the people didnt realise they were even on stage at first,it was very low key!

And also,on the preaching subject,apparently bono is urging people to wear masks of some Burmese politician! WTF! I certainly will not be doing that,there are enough problems in Britain,without worrying about a Burmese politician,Bono,does us all a favour,and get a reality check!!

are you kidding?! have you any clue who Aung San Suu Kyi is and what she represents?!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2009, 10:59:14 PM »

are you kidding?! have you any clue who Aung San Suu Kyi is and what she represents?!

Thank you u2 matters. I felt a bit sick when I read that post. I mean no disrespect to donvalley. I believe they , like so many others, need to really research this person before forming an opinion about them. I am quite sure after they research this woman, they will then know what bravery and sacrifice really mean.

Offline jayb77

• Wanderer
« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2009, 06:24:43 AM »
i think we will get a ZOO TV type tour entrance on this tour. i think that the widow screen will have a into film then rise up as the band start the first song.

oh and please keep it short and sweet this time bono. you where like a boring pub bore last time around.

Offline donvalley360

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #172 on: June 28, 2009, 07:37:46 AM »

Honestly,i dont have a clue,im not jduging her by the way,but im far more concerned with problems in my own country,why should i be interested in wearing a mask of some lady that im not in the least bit interested in,maybe if shes a decent person,which she probably is, we should swap her for our schemeing,conning politicians,because they are the lowest of the low!