Author Topic: CROKE PARK.2ND NIGHT VERTIGO TOUR  (Read 2325 times)

Offline spanner

• Numb
CROKE PARK.2ND NIGHT VERTIGO TOUR
« on: November 30, 2008, 04:15:56 PM »
i was there and if some of you were also there do you remember that they were filming the show.now i don't know if maybe they were doing a training run for the milan show or maybe they weren't happy with the footage but anybody think it may see the light of day in some form ?

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
Re: CROKE PARK.2ND NIGHT VERTIGO TOUR
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 04:24:18 PM »
U2 film virtually every show they do.  Were they filming above and beyond their standard recording level?

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 04:43:17 PM »
 As far as i understand U2 were planning on releasing the Croke Park show on DVD and that's why it was filmed .. but they decided against it . I'm not sure the reason why. The Milan show was also filmed but only part of that turned up on the DVD for the U2 - 18 singles .

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:31:42 PM »
According to u2tours.com, the second and third Croke Park gigs were both filmed, but they, like a lot of bands film a lot of shows and only a tiny amount of this footage ever sees the light of day.

It's very unlikely we will ever see it, unfortunately they have already released the Vertigo Live in Chicago DVD, and part of the Milan concert so a third installment is very unlikely. I too would love to see it, I was at the first and second Croke park gigs

daveyg

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:35:03 AM »
Yeh - I was there as well and saw the filming. I'd say there's a small holding bay area full of unlreleased footage. I was also at the Point Depot gigs way back and olnly saw footage (other than the song and a half was on the TV that night) on irish TV during the Popmart Tour.

You'll probably see some of it, if at all, on some collage or some "History of U2" documentary in years to come. Maybe when they retire. ahem. *ducks*

Alton Dalton

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 06:32:32 AM »
I was there that night too. I know someone who is friendly with Joe O'Herlihy and I was promised a DVD of the full concert. I never did get it, though :-\

daveyg

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 01:56:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was there that night too. I know someone who is friendly with Joe O'Herlihy and I was promised a DVD of the full concert. I never did get it, though :-\

I proably wouldn't hold your breath!! I was chatting to a sound engineer (who worked on the likes of Riverdance) who was filling me in on the U2 sound spec at the Croke Park Tour. He said he'd try get me some semblence of a recording of the night. I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting three and a half years later!