Author Topic: Most disappointing support act  (Read 9101 times)

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
Re: Most disappointing support act
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think its time U2 pulled a
"Rush" and got rid of the opening bands all together.

Pulled a "Rush"?  How about pull a Springsteen.  Never had a "warm up" act because a) He does the "warming up," and b) his shows are 3+ hours long.

Um, Rush do the same thing....
3+ for them as well. Plus they don't just pose with their instruments half the time, they play them :)

Brown's 4th Law of Thermodynamics: Never enter into a pi**ing contest with a Rush fan, you will laugh until your head explodes.

Zappa fan too. He pointed out the "guitar as decoration" and "posing" WAY back in 1981.

Offline MrsBrown

• Stateless
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »
I think its time U2 pulled a
"Rush" and got rid of the opening bands all together.

Pulled a "Rush"?  How about pull a Springsteen.  Never had a "warm up" act because a) He does the "warming up," and b) his shows are 3+ hours long.

Um, Rush do the same thing....
3+ for them as well. Plus they don't just pose with their instruments half the time, they play them :)

Brown's 4th Law of Thermodynamics: Never enter into a pi**ing contest with a Rush fan, you will laugh until your head explodes.

Zappa fan too. He pointed out the "guitar as decoration" and "posing" WAY back in 1981.

Yeah, you're right.  Boss is lame.

Offline MoodyGirl09

• Refugee
  • It's all about me and what I want
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2009, 08:10:43 PM »
Kelis at Earls Court in 2001 - assumed she would be awful, and so didn't turn up until after she was done!

I can't even begin to fathom being at a concert where Kelis is stage.  I'd love to know how U2 picks their opening acts.

I hated Kings of Leon -- still do in fact.  My friend and I headed to the bar and stayed there until they left the stage.  I would have loved Muse as the opening act at Foxboro in September, but I've learned to accept Snow Patrol.  At least they aren't BEP.