Author Topic: New Song on Red Wired  (Read 18800 times)

Offline connyb

• Wanderer
New Song on Red Wired
« on: December 01, 2008, 02:50:42 PM »
I just tried listening to the new Father Christmas song by u2 on Rd wired and the sound is absolutely terrible ! This song was always beautiful when it was done by Greg Lake But I think it is just as good done by U2 but I coulnd'nt believe how horrible the sound is! I tried listening to a couple of other songs and they sound horrible,so it is not just the U2 song. Anyone else have trouble?

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
Re: New Song on Red Wired
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 02:59:08 PM »
Conny, the songs all sound great for me.  Have you tried listening to music anywhere else on your computer?  Maybe a connection is loose...

I was online when the song came on and nearly fell off my chair!  Finally, a new U2 song, even if it's not theirs, but still....!!

~L

Offline connyb

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 03:15:50 PM »
You know what I found out what the problem was! I turned the sound down on their speaker and now it sounds fine on my my speakers. I love the new song it's sounds great. I especially loved Egdes guitar sounds beautiful. Oh I just can't wait for the new cd to drop!!!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 04:04:31 PM »
It's great! I didn't manage to watch it on redwire, it was loading forever, but it's out on youtube.
Great to hear something new even if it's a cover.  :)

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 04:34:27 PM »
Not a big fan of xmas songs . But U2 cover this really well and just great to hear from them again .. love The Edge's guitar sound in this song so that bodes well for the new album !! Bono sounds on great form to and for a good cause so no complaints from me .

Welcome back boys ! roll on more new U2 songs :D

Offline TraKianLite/Zooropa

• Numb
  • The land was flat, the highway straight and wide.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »
I absolutely despise Christmas songs, but actually this is tolerable (about as high praise as you'll ever hear me give). Good decision to keep it low-key too.

Not a preview of the next album, though, which is slightly annoying. Would've been good to hear, if only slightly, what all this talk of innovation and whathaveya is all about.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rock and roll doggie!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 06:29:42 PM »
Oh, this was rapturous!  Just absolutely gorgeous...Edge's guitar...I'm at a loss for words.  Now Coldplay's track with Kyle Minogue, that's the one I'm not yet sold on.  It's rather inert, like a 45 record played at 33 1/3 (sorry, speaking Greek to the kiddies)...maybe it'll grow on me.

Offline Swan269

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I will sing a new song
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 08:08:17 PM »
The song reminds me alot of 'rise up' from the joshua tree sessions.  its low key and nice...I thought larry's percussion was spot on.

Offline Edges Les Paul

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • This is Edge; we're not sure where we got him.
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 09:53:17 PM »
So, I'm not familiar with the original version. Are the guitar stylings of The Edge exclusive to the cover? If so, and that is a hint of their "new direction," I like it very much.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 01:35:23 AM »
Is it available for (legal) download anywhere ?

Offline mattyk

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 04:45:45 AM »

Offline bloom

• Elevated
  • These days are better than that
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 05:47:37 AM »
I tried signing up to redwire and when the window opens it just says "coming soon." Anyone else experienced this? Is it just not available in Canada yet? Sigh....For anyone who HAS successfully signed up - do you get all the songs that were in the launch party?
I loved the song...initial disappointment to see it was a Christmas song, but then delight because it's so lovely and low key and Bono sounds so good. And I agree about Larry's drumming - he's so perfectly restrained throughout the whole thing.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 05:56:42 AM »
Same here..."coming soon".

That sucks.

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 06:26:48 AM »
Doesn't Edge sound just beautiful?  And so does Bono.  "Singing like a bird!"  He also looks really nice in that suit.  That's a good look for him.  No more 'hippie peace army." (How did Achtoon put it?)  But why does he look like he's wearing eyeliner?

Offline connyb

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 06:50:51 AM »
Ya know what? I noticed that too. But I thought no it can't be. At least I hope not. Maybe it was just a shadow from the lighting that makes it look that way. But I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about that too.