Author Topic: Student presale?  (Read 1763 times)

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
Student presale?
« on: March 30, 2009, 06:55:40 AM »
On ticketmaster, it looks like there's a student presale for Scott Stadium in Charlottesville. If the show you're going to is at a college stadium and you're not a college student, I'd go ahead and start getting pi**ed now. It looks like students have dibs at the same time as horizon subscribers. Complete crap.

Offline SheEdge

• Wanderer
Re: Student presale?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 07:18:24 AM »
What???!?  This is making me want to cry. 

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 07:20:06 AM »
Chill out about this.

We all freaked because they had a presale for Patriots/Bills/Giants/Blue Jays/Bears subscribers for Toronto/NJ/Chicago/Boston and it turned out to be a non-issue.

They weren't allowed GA tix, and they were all pretty crap choices.  It seems they chose from a different pool than Horizon.

Don't let it get you down... ;)

Offline SheEdge

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 07:25:41 AM »
Thank you Edgefest for your admonition to chill out.   ;)  I am just panicked because this is my first time doing this.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 07:31:40 AM »
That was my sense too - that they had access to a different pool of tickets, and not GA.  One of the threads on the forum listed a presale site (presale.com?) that provided access to those bears/pats codes, and often it was something simple ("bears", I think).  I would try "cavaliers" or some other options as presale codes for the VA gig.  Who knows if it will work, but if you are not looking for GA you may get a break.  I am looking for 6 seats together, so I will probably have to wait until the regular sale.  It also looks like most markets are adding a second show.  I am not saying wait for the second show, but if they add a second show then demand for that one will be lower and presumably you could get better seats then.  I benefited from that in 87 and was able to score some nice seats (the equivalent of the current $250 ones, which then cost $20) for the second LA show at the Coliseum.

I understand about freaking out about this.  This will be my 5th tour and I still freak out.  Something will be available, and if you can't get seats immediately, forum users sometimes sell their extra seats at cost, and occasionally you can get a deal on ebay.  I accidentally bought an extra set there for Elevation (I thought the computer kicked me out before the "confirm purchase" part until 2 charges showed up on my card and 2 sets came in the mail) and ended up selling the one behind the stage on ebay for less than I paid just to recoup some of my cost.  It will all work out.

Offline beershack

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 08:15:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On ticketmaster, it looks like there's a student presale for Scott Stadium in Charlottesville. If the show you're going to is at a college stadium and you're not a college student, I'd go ahead and start getting pi**ed now. It looks like students have dibs at the same time as horizon subscribers. Complete crap.

Its on a college campus, they should get first shot.  That being said, their allotment will be the same crap seats as the venue presales from last week.

Offline Mark0930

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 08:27:38 AM »
If not Cavaliers try Wahoos. 

Offline pizzaclub

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 08:31:56 AM »
Its on a college campus, they should get first shot.  That being said, their allotment will be the same crap seats as the venue presales from last week.

I 100% agree.  They pay way more per year than our $32 fan club fee.  It's at their stadium.  They deserve first shot.

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
  • Sponsored by Blackberry!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »
Plus young college kids will give the concert an insanely fun perspective.  I'm sure the band is looking forward to it very much!

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 08:48:34 AM »
Plus young college kids will give the concert an insanely fun perspective.  I'm sure the band is looking forward to it very much!
True enough! I could stand to see many college coeds at the tailgate!

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 08:50:13 AM »

Oh yes!  The college kids can thank the old ugly people for ensuring the band was still around for their generation... you know I'm right.. ;)

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »

I 100% agree.  They pay way more per year than our $32 fan club fee.  It's at their stadium.  They deserve first shot.

I see your points, but part of the reason they're making the stops at some college stadiums is because of a lack of venue in the area. As for college students paying way more per year, what about alumni? They've paid their tuition and fees already, but they're not getting in on the presale. They've done a lot more than the freshman that's in their first semester. I think the phrase "their stadium" is kind of a joke when it's mostly paid by the general public and other public funding. I might go for season ticket holders getting in on the presale (as they actually pay for some upkeep of the stadium), but not all college students.

Also, I hope the extremely fun perspecitve you speak of aren't the students at Fordham. They were really going crazy on Good Morning America...

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 10:39:01 AM »
It was cold and early.

But I don't think they will get a good block of seats anyway.