Author Topic: Ready for Chicago General Sale...  (Read 3705 times)

Offline silkenskies

• Refugee
  • You got my head filled with songs
Re: Ready for Chicago General Sale...
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »
well I think anyone who had doubts about how the tour will sell, it's been answered (not just with chicago, but it's a good indication)

I've got faith in the second show though!

Offline achtung jeff

• Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 09:25:48 AM »
just bought 2 $95 tix for Chi. I used presale for GA's but am wondering if TM will let you buy tix from multiple sessions via same cc. I'm hoping for Chi 2...

help.

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
  • Sponsored by Blackberry!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
just bought 2 $95 tix for Chi. I used presale for GA's but am wondering if TM will let you buy tix from multiple sessions via same cc. I'm hoping for Chi 2...

help.

I'm going to use my girlfriend's CC for tomorrow's presale just to make sure I don't get zapped by Ticketmaster.  That would really suck.

Offline castor777

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 09:29:01 AM »
More props to Mac!  I was using my MacBook Pro and my wife's iMac - got through in under a minute and got a pair of $95 tickets.

I was a tad bit disappointed considering how fast I got through and where I ended up.  But I'm close enough to the stage - I just hope they really use the 360 degree formula because I'm on the side of them.  But regardless, I got tickets so I'm very excited.

On a side note, calling by phone was B.S.  I called and got through at 9:58 and the lady was like "sorry, not on sale yet."  I started pleading with her to stay on the phone and she asked if I would be willing to do a survey - I asked if I am would she let me get tickets, and she said after the survey was complete.  So I started too, kept refreshing on the Mac, told her tickets just went on sale, she kept asking me the stupid questions.  I was like "are you going to help me or not?" and she said we just have to complete the survey and I hung up on her.  So pathetic, seriously.

I think tickets sold out around 7 minutes or so.  I had 4 browsers open and when one finally got through 8 after it said there weren't any seats left.  Just FYI - that's insane for Soldier Field.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:36:47 AM by castor777 »

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 09:29:41 AM »
interesting, at 10:28 a few tickets are popping up available. these are all $250 seats, so well out of my price range, but they are out there if you want them

Offline silkenskies

• Refugee
  • You got my head filled with songs
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 09:30:46 AM »
More props to Mac!  I was using my MacBook Pro and my wife's iMac - got through in under a minute and got a pair of $95 tickets.

I was a tad bit disappointed considering how fast I got through and where I ended up.  But I'm close enough to the stage - I just hope they really use the 360 degree formula because I'm on the side of them.  But regardless, I got tickets so I'm very excited.

On a side note, calling by phone was B.S.  I called and got through at 9:58 and the lady was like "sorry, not on sale yet."  I started pleading with her to stay on the phone and she asked if I would be willing to do a survey - I asked if I am would she let me get tickets, and she said after the survey was complete.  So I started too, kept refreshing on the Mac, told her tickets just went on sale, she kept asking me the stupid questions.  I was like "are you going to help me or not?" and she said we just have to complete the survey and I hung up on her.  So pathetic, seriously.

I think tickets sold out around 7 minutes or so.  I had 4 browsers open and when one finally got through 8 after it said there weren't any seats left.  Just FYI - that's insane for Giants Stadium.

I was on a brand new Mac, but nothing. insanity

Offline castor777

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »
interesting, at 10:28 a few tickets are popping up available. these are all $250 seats, so well out of my price range, but they are out there if you want them

I saw that when I was checking the Toronto shows as well.  That is a little too much - I'd be tempted if I had no other choice, but after scoping out eBay, you're likely to find a better deal that way (haven't seen A PAIR go for over $350 on there).

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
  • Sponsored by Blackberry!
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 09:36:17 AM »

It's amazing how the Mac internal clock is just PERFECTLY synced with Ticketmaster's on-sale.  The INSTANT it strikes 10AM the ticket window is active.

You needed to request the following fields (assuming you wanted floor):

Quantity = 2
Section = general admission field

and then click submit and put your mavis beacon typing skills to work on that next screen.  I think the trick is clearing the text box screen ASAP b/c that will get you ahead of the rush.  For Gilette I stumbled on the word and I could tell I got stuck for about 5 seconds.  For Soldier Field I was crystal clean and got through immediately.  I literally had my 2 GA tickets in 10 seconds from the second they went on sale.

Offline TitleTrack

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »
Commodore 64 with crayon marks on the side and souped up 14.4 modem   sec 141 row 3 2 seats - only $30 a ticket    amazing machine

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 09:40:47 AM »
Commodore 64 with crayon marks on the side and souped up 14.4 modem   sec 141 row 3 2 seats - only $30 a ticket    amazing machine
Too Funny! ;D

Offline vertigo_7

• Babyface
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 09:42:26 AM »
got nothing. If they add a second show, will there be a presale for that as well?

Offline achtung jeff

• Wanderer
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 09:42:53 AM »
Commodore 64 with crayon marks on the side and souped up 14.4 modem   sec 141 row 3 2 seats - only $30 a ticket    amazing machine

I'll throw down my TRS-80 with your Com 64 any day, beeyotch!!

Now if they'd just post Chi 2, I can get back to work!  ;)

streetmission

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 09:44:30 AM »

Are you sure about section 141--those are definitely $250 tickets, lower level right next to the stage.

Offline achtung jeff

• Wanderer
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 09:48:28 AM »
I don't see added NYC Boston on TM site.

I keep refreshing u2.com's dates for added Chi. Is that were I need to be looking?

Offline TitleTrack

• Babyface
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 09:48:54 AM »

Are you sure about section 141--those are definitely $250 tickets, lower level right next to the stage.

Yeah so I did the e ticket print out (on my epson dot matrix) to be sure not to take a chance on them mailing them  no fees either  think it had something to do with the fact I was multitasking playing "Captain America in: The Doom Tube of Dr. Megalomann"