Author Topic: Blockbuster Video - Concert Tickets?  (Read 4925 times)

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
Re: Blockbuster Video - Concert Tickets?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 09:06:10 PM »
That would be very retro - actually standing in line to buy tickets.  I bet you'd still have a better chance online.  I agree that the Blockbuster computer systems couldn't handle the demand of U2 tickets.  Although with everybody renting movies today through Netflix or On Demand, the Blockbuster computers probably need something to do!   

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 07:03:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That would be very retro - actually standing in line to buy tickets.  I bet you'd still have a better chance online.  I agree that the Blockbuster computer systems couldn't handle the demand of U2 tickets.  Although with everybody renting movies today through Netflix or On Demand, the Blockbuster computers probably need something to do! 

Retro- yep. Things have changed for a reason though-- it sucked to stand in line, especially where I live.  For some reason tickets tend to go on sale for the big concerts here in the middle of winter---- Brrrr.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 03:30:30 PM »
I'm kind of worried about this.  At least three Blockbuster stores here in my town are going out of business and probably won't be around by time the tour comes. Damn you Netflix!

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »
if it's true, one word of advice from an old-timer who used to wait in lines overnight for tickets when they were only sold at a Tower/ticket outlet or by phone,  USE CASH !!!!!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 10:48:01 AM »
I can't see LiveNation using Blockbuster for any big ticket headliner let alone U2.  It'd be mayhem!   :-[
Mind you, if they did do it 'oldschool only' by lining up and not doing online tickets, there's a better chance of getting a ticket to a local show. 

What about that ticketless/ paperless concept that was mentioned earlier? 
I think that's a much better solution, all around, and more likely.   

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »
I feel like marching into my local blockbuster right now!