Author Topic: My cousin thinks he got shafted with 100 level tickets behind a leg of the claw.  (Read 2180 times)

Offline BrunoS4

• Babyface
  • Can't wait until July 3 2010!!!
He was very quick purchasing tickets this morning for the Toronto Sept 17 show and thought he did well with Section 139 but after looking at the seating chart it seems he will be right behind a leg of the claw... and you know those legs will be pretty big to support a 164 foot tall structure.

What do you think?

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
I'd say his view will be blocked.  That sucks.  :-\

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
What do you mean "shafted", ticketmaster offered him the tickets in that location, and he accepted them. He should have looked at the seating plan before he bought them, and perhaps realised that the cheaper tickets are of course not as good as the more expensive ones.

In any event, the section is a reasonable size, and the band will be moving around a lot so, it's still pretty close. In fact ,there is a ramp out towards the crowd at that claw leg so he will probably see Edge up close for at least a few songs.

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What do you mean "shafted", ticketmaster offered him the tickets in that location, and he accepted them. He should have looked at the seating plan before he bought them, and perhaps realised that the cheaper tickets are of course not as good as the more expensive ones.

In any event, the section is a reasonable size, and the band will be moving around a lot so, it's still pretty close. In fact ,there is a ramp out towards the crowd at that claw leg so he will probably see Edge up close for at least a few songs.

Great point.

Offline suppers ready

• Stateless
He was very quick purchasing tickets this morning for the Toronto Sept 17 show and thought he did well with Section 139 but after looking at the seating chart it seems he will be right behind a leg of the claw... and you know those legs will be pretty big to support a 164 foot tall structure.

What do you think?

I'd be somehwat concerned, but keep in mind that you're probably at least 50-100 feet fromthe stage.  Whatever your obstruction is, it's probably mitigated by the distance....hell, if you're not right smack in the middle of it (literally), you'll probably be able to see virtually everything, if not everything, without obstruction.

OK, that's all the positivity I can muster in a day.  You're hosed man.  I think they're going to hang a thick black curtain in front of your section and the video screen will be out on that side too  ;)

I saw in either NJ that 300 level tix (at the far end of the stadium) were $100.00.  I'll take your tix over that.  I think I saw 200 level at one of the 2 for 250....which also seemed high.

Have fun....I think you'll be OK.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
Those tickets are pretty close - I think he'll be fine  :)

hurricane hugo

Those tickets are pretty close - I think he'll be fine  :)

...and if not, better him than me.  :P

#@!

streetmission

I had a similar situation occur with my tickets and actually contacted Ticketmaster.  They informed me that my seats are not obstructed.  If seats are obstructed it will tell you on Ticketmaster's website before you buy (you even have to go through another security measure where you type in the word "view" so they know you are aware of the obstructed view).  It also tells you in big letters on the tickets themselves.

I think he has great seats.  If, by some weird occurrence, he finds his view obstructed (the chances are practically zero) he should politely inform the box office the night of the show of his situation.  The venue always has house seats available for these types of situations and he will be moved to a better seat. :)

Tell your cousin to relax.  It'll be great! ;D

Offline Crewboy

• Stateless
He's in the venue, which is probably more than some people were able to do.

In this instance, given how fast the shows sold out....he should just be happy he got in.....

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
I wish I had them.

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
I think I barely escaped the claw for Gillette. Maybe I'll get a little. I'm in Section 119.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Besides, doesn't it revolve? I know it probably won't for the whole show, but maybe at least sometimes...

Offline green19

• Babyface
I think I'd wait until show day to complain. The 90% of the audience who are much further away will wish they had such problems.

Offline irishru2

• Babyface
  • That's someone's stuff they're blowing up...
Go check out the animated simulation on u2.com - the view will rotate to get the perspective that you're talking about, and you can see for yourself.  In my opinion, it's not bad at all - the structure will only block a small part of the stage...

Offline Moose

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • There’s nothing you have that I need
Bono is pretty mobile, utilizing all parts of the stage as he moves around. I wouldn't worry about it one bit.