Author Topic: What is the U2.com Bundle??  (Read 5211 times)

Offline thatsit67

• Stranger in a Strange Land
What is the U2.com Bundle??
« on: March 30, 2009, 03:51:48 PM »
For the Chi. 2nd show, TM is showing a "bundle" sale for Thurs.  Anyone know what the is?  Thanks!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Re: What is the U2.com Bundle??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 03:55:18 PM »
There's VIP packages listed but I don't see "bundle". 
VIP pkgs are $522/ tx

Offline shawond

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »
The bundle is when you buy a u2.com membership directly through TM in order to gain access to the presale.  You pay an extra $50 for the tix and you get a shiny new membership to u2.com to go with them.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For the Chi. 2nd show, TM is showing a "bundle" sale for Thurs.  Anyone know what the is?  Thanks!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »
The bundle is when you buy a u2.com membership directly through TM in order to gain access to the presale.  You pay an extra $50 for the tix and you get a shiny new membership to u2.com to go with them.

Well that sorta sucks for existing U2.com fans!   >:(  What's the point of that then?  Oh yeah... money!   ::)

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 04:59:56 PM »
Not really, it's basically a "Boots" membership, which is the third day of the presale,something which anyone can buy right now on u2.com.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 06:35:45 PM »
FAYF - are you guru or what?  lol.  :D
Okay its showing up finally on TM and is same day as boots. 

Offline faithhopeandu2

• Seeing U2 since the early 80s
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 10:40:46 PM »
I noticed this same thing on the Ticketmaster page for the 2nd Boston show. In the upper right area click on "Onsale Dates & Times" and it shows three options for buying tickets:

1) General Public - Apr 6, 10 AM

2) U2.com pre-sale - Mar 31 - Apr 2

3) U2.com Bundle  Apr 2, 10 AM - 5 PM

It is still not clear to me from what's been discussed in this thread what that third option means. Will they let you buy tickets if you add a U2.com membership to your ticket purchase? It isn't just another pre-sale time as that is the 2nd option/timeframe. Any other thoughts people?

I've got GA tickets for the first Boston show, but I have friends who want tickets still, so would like to know what the deal is!

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 10:47:02 PM »
I noticed this same thing on the Ticketmaster page for the 2nd Boston show. In the upper right area click on "Onsale Dates & Times" and it shows three options for buying tickets:

1) General Public - Apr 6, 10 AM

2) U2.com pre-sale - Mar 31 - Apr 2

3) U2.com Bundle  Apr 2, 10 AM - 5 PM

It is still not clear to me from what's been discussed in this thread what that third option means. Will they let you buy tickets if you add a U2.com membership to your ticket purchase? It isn't just another pre-sale time as that is the 2nd option/timeframe. Any other thoughts people?

I've got GA tickets for the first Boston show, but I have friends who want tickets still, so would like to know what the deal is!

The second reply in this thread answered it pretty well I thought. The bundle allows you purchase tickets on the last day of the presale. In the cost will be your tickets, fees and $50 for the lovely people at u2.com.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:05:52 PM »
Joe I sense a tint of sarcasm  ;)

Offline faithhopeandu2

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 08:34:38 PM »
Thanks Joe90usa - I missed that explanation. I skim over things too often I guess.

I'm surprised at this approach - but I guess it's pretty common - the combo, do-you-like-fries-with-that tactic. Works in drive-thrus every day!

Can anyone tell me if you do or do not get a pre-sale code still with this purchase? Could you go ahead and buy four more pre-sale tickets with the code you get in your new U2.com membership? Interesting to know! If the bundle tickets are good, and you still get a code, it would be worth it for some folks to do this, I'd say. I won't as I have pretty much all the tickets I could ask for right now! (Please don't tell me this question has already been answered!)

Offline faithhopeandu2

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 05:34:29 PM »
OK - I found the answer to the question of whether you can buy more presale tickets when buying a "bundle" on a TM order page (where I just tried out the bundle option, to see what it says):

(A ONE-YEAR MEMBERSHIP TO U2.COM HAS BEEN ADDED AS PART OF YOUR PRESALE TICKET ORDER. Within 48 hours, you will be sent an email by Ticketmaster with instructions on how to activate your membership. Additional presale tickets cannot be ordered through your membership purchased through Ticketmaster.com. PLEASE NOTE: This offer is not valid if you purchased this ticket through Marketplace.)

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 09:15:13 PM »
So it's been almost a week now since I purchased my tickets and U2.com membership through Ticketmaster, well past the promised 48 hours.  I have not received any emails from them on getting these instructions on signing up for the website.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, who did you contact?  Since I paid $50 for the membership, I would really like to be able to start using it.
Thanks in advance for help.

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 10:30:30 AM »
So it's been almost a week now since I purchased my tickets and U2.com membership through Ticketmaster, well past the promised 48 hours.  I have not received any emails from them on getting these instructions on signing up for the website.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, who did you contact?  Since I paid $50 for the membership, I would really like to be able to start using it.

So I'm the only one that's had this problem?

Offline All I Want Is You 2

• Stateless
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 11:09:13 AM »

So I'm the only one that's had this problem?

Haven't experienced your situation. Perhaps this information may help.

U2.com Help......

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, you will see "Contact Us" via email

U2.com Help Telephone Numbers:

1-800-615-1324 (US)

1-916-414-2921 (International)

Ticketmaster Customer Service......

There is a drop down menu. Enter your state. You will be given the appropriate customer service telephone numbers. Right above the drop down menu, you will see "E-mail" in blue. Clicking on that will allow you to contact Ticketmaster Customer Service via email.

If you have an existing Ticketmaster account, you may try checking on the status of your order there.

Good Luck!

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 01:50:21 PM »
Thanks for the help All I Want!  I couldn't find any information about this on the U2.com help section, so I sent an email to Ticketmaster customer service.  Hopefully I don't get the run around there.  I paid $50 to sign up for U2.com, I would like to use it!  I wonder if anyone on this forum actually got the email when they first bought the tickets?  It said it would take 48 hours, and it's been a whole week now.