Author Topic: Seriously, quit asking about GA numbers on your tickets - they mean nothing...  (Read 4245 times)

Offline ninja306

• Babyface
They are just trying to get more organised.

Apparently the red zone tickets are numbered as decimals, thats how close to the front you get!!!!

Offline Ricco

• Stateless
  • I was the bad guy who walked out...
You have to be kidding me?  Seriously?  People have been lucky enough to obtain GA tickets to a venue hopefully within a few undhred miles of their location, and now they are worried or bitching about where they will be in the GA lineup?  Excuse my vulgarity. but you have to be kidding me.  You could be in my shoes.  U2 has not announced a Northern California stadium show for the 2nd leg and they probably won't due to their affiliation with Live Nation.  So I have been considering purchashing tickets for the Rose Bowl show in Pasadena/Los Angeles, but then I find out that the pubic sale starts tomorrow on a Monday?  So only the affluent unemployed, or the employed with unsupervised internet access will have the best opportunity to get tickets tomorrow.  I don't want to hear about GA ticket holders bitching about anything.  Be lucky that you got your tickets and that you are going, stop worrying about how close you are going to get, seriously.  Bono has been married for 20+ years, he is not going to pull you on stage and give you a baby.  If you are female, young and attractive enough, he may pull you on stage and give you five minutes of fame by dancing with you.  End of story.  Us that have been fans for 30 years and have been hoping for a stadium tour may not even get tickets, so the last thing we want to see is you bitching about the GA lineup and getting into a pit or heart or circle or whatever else shaped thing Willie dreamt up. 

-End Of Rant

other than that, I love you all.  LOL
-Ricco
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:55:04 PM by Joe90usa »

Offline silkenskies

• Refugee
  • You got my head filled with songs
there is a difference between standing GA and reserved seating GA. can be confusing if you're not sure.

Offline ninja306

• Babyface
Ricco it is true I tell you!
I saw on eBay that ticket number 0.005 for the redzone went for 12400!!! And there is supposed to be a recession on! This is amazing you could rent Michael Jackson for an hour for that!!!!

However I am happy to be there because I am a U2 fan. I do not mind being number 23943 although I hope the person standing in spot 22943 is not tall or fat, and I hope that 23942 and 23944 are the sort that have a shower before concerts.

You are right that Bono will only choose an attractive girl to go on stage though and I am worried because my girlfriend is attractive and she has ticket 625 and I am along way back with 23943.

***Cleaned up the language and the unnecessary comments - Joe***
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:53:27 PM by Joe90usa »

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You have to be kidding me?  Seriously?  People have been lucky enough to obtain GA tickets to a venue hopefully within a few undhred miles of their location, and now they are worried or bitching about where they will be in the GA lineup?  Excuse my vulgarity. but you have to be kidding me.  You could be in my shoes.  U2 has not announced a Northern California stadium show for the 2nd leg and they probably won't due to their affiliation with Live Nation.  So I have been considering purchashing tickets for the Rose Bowl show in Pasadena/Los Angeles, but then I find out that the pubic sale starts tomorrow on a Monday?  So only the affluent unemployed, or the employed with unsupervised internet access will have the best opportunity to get tickets tomorrow.  I don't want to hear about GA ticket holders bitching about anything.  Be lucky that you got your tickets and that you are going, stop worrying about how close you are going to get, seriously.  Bono has been married for 20+ years, he is not going to pull you on stage and give you a baby.  If you are female, young and attractive enough, he may pull you on stage and give you five minutes of fame by dancing with you.  End of story.  Us that have been fans for 30 years and have been hoping for a stadium tour may not even get tickets, so the last thing we want to see is you bitching about the GA lineup and getting into a pit or heart or circle or whatever else shaped thing Willie dreamt up. 

Bloody great post Ricco  ;D

I've always loved the 'I live in Anaheim and they're only playing in LA' type posts.

You've got fans throughout the world that never get the chance - Asia anyone? Japan is not next door to Singapore...

You've got a hugely strong fan base in NZ for example that had to wait 13 years between ZooTV and Vertigo.

But that argument isn't for this thread really. Just loved your post Ricco and was laughing, as they say, out loud.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
Ricco... I don't think anyone is bitching, the point of this thread was to stop all the questions people with GA tix have over the numbers Ticketmaster has put on them.

If you live in the Bay Area, I bet they probably will come there in 2010 but I understand not knowing kind of sucks for you.  The closest U2 has ever been to me is 350 miles (once, Winnipeg - PopMart) and we are travelling 1150 miles to Chicago for them this year and the closest they come to me other than that this leg is 1000 miles (Vancouver). 

Offline Ricco

• Stateless

Bloody great post Ricco  ;D

I've always loved the 'I live in Anaheim and they're only playing in LA' type posts.

You've got fans throughout the world that never get the chance - Asia anyone? Japan is not next door to Singapore...

You've got a hugely strong fan base in NZ for example that had to wait 13 years between ZooTV and Vertigo.

But that argument isn't for this thread really. Just loved your post Ricco and was laughing, as they say, out loud.

Thank you, I do try to add humour to my biting sarcasm.  I apologize to the mod that had to edit out my censored versions of vulgarity.  Apparently my editing was not enough.  Sorry.

Bobo

LOL!

If it stops one person from asking, it's all good... but alas I will never know.  Sick of all these folks who just join for that one question and we never see them again...

Stopped me from asking, just got my tickets today!

Offline alexo

• Babyface
agreed ricco, im sad that theyre not playing SF bay area. I was really hoping to see them in my hometown (SJ) this summer, but i settled for boston 1 instead (lol figure that one out).

Offline Ricco

• Stateless
Alexo, you have an extra ticket for Boston 1, and an airline ticket?  I will make sure that you are accomendated with booze and a hotel room.  LOL.  Oh I am so bitter.  I am going to have to miss this go around.

satellitedog01

I heard that the number tells you exactly where you must stand in the stadium.
So if you are number 23943 you will have to stand in the a specific spot about 2/3 of the way back from the stage, with the person who has ticket 23942 on your left, and the person with ticket 23944 on your right. Unless, of course, you are the end of a row.

I think the best number to have would not be number 1 because that would be right at the front left and you would go deaf from the speaker stack. I have worked out that 187 would be the best one to have that will be dead centre at the front.

It is so obvious really, I cannot understand why people still must ask questions.

PS If anyone HAS got ticket 23944 for Wembley I would be really grateful as my girlfriend has ticket 625 and so we cannot see the gig together. Her ticket is nice and close to the front Smiley

I had to copy this quote onto the next page, for those unfortunate souls, who didn't read it on its first appearance. Hilllarious.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
I heard that the number tells you exactly where you must stand in the stadium.
So if you are number 23943 you will have to stand in the a specific spot about 2/3 of the way back from the stage, with the person who has ticket 23942 on your left, and the person with ticket 23944 on your right. Unless, of course, you are the end of a row.

I think the best number to have would not be number 1 because that would be right at the front left and you would go deaf from the speaker stack. I have worked out that 187 would be the best one to have that will be dead centre at the front.

It is so obvious really, I cannot understand why people still must ask questions.

PS If anyone HAS got ticket 23944 for Wembley I would be really grateful as my girlfriend has ticket 625 and so we cannot see the gig together. Her ticket is nice and close to the front Smiley

I had to copy this quote onto the next page, for those unfortunate souls, who didn't read it on its first appearance. Hilllarious.

Damn straight. Superb post :lol:

satellitedog01

SORRY, the quote was not my post, it was originally posted by NINJA306 !!!!!!!!! Applaud his comic genius!

Offline TraKianLite/Zooropa

• Numb
  • The land was flat, the highway straight and wide.
I've got the number of the beast!   :o

666 or 616? </facetious Biblical scholar>

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
I think this one has run it's course.