Author Topic: I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!!!!  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!!!!
« on: December 03, 2008, 04:01:20 AM »
here is the dealio.

I posted a thread a while ago about my dissertation type thing, and I wanted to do it on U2. Well I have now got the go ahead. However, I need to produce an artifact (like a sculpture, book, comic, whatever) that I can talk about.  The guy said (who I think may be a U2 fan) I could write to them explaining everything and try and score an interview. Now thats not likley to happen as I have never heard of them going out of their way like that. I just want some idea on what artifact I could use and is what to write I my letter to them?

because it is worth a try isn't it?

daveyg

Re: I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 04:15:57 AM »
I'd say scoring an interview is next to impossible unless you want to spend some time lurking round the streets of Dublin in hope of bumping into them.

Maybe U2 by U2? Lots of pics in there you could use. Maybe if you know any guitarists, bassists or drummers, you might convince them to borrow some of their equipment for the presentation? I could get a few pics of Dublin for you at the weekend if you want those - drop me an email and Ill reply with the pics!

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rock and roll doggie!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 05:53:50 AM »
Since the ZOO TV tour profoundly and dramatically altered the perception of what could be pulled off in a concert setting for any and all bands, perhaps you could use the ZOO TV, LIVE FROM SYDNEY DVD?  I agree that there's a lot of meat in the U2 BY U2 book, but I wonder if that would make it hard to focus down on any one critical aspect of the band.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 10:59:17 AM »
Depends on what your focus is.  If you want to get personal, you could do what others have and post a survey on this forum and have fans talk about how U2 affected their lives and post their own pics.  Just a thought.  Or maybe you have a collection of memorabilia that is meaningful.  It seems, the more personal you can make the project, the better.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 02:32:40 PM »
I never saw the topic narrowed down from something about U2 in general.  Once you've done that, then you can look at what you need and what is appropriate to support that topic.