Author Topic: My music sounds just like U2/Hendrix!!!  (Read 1658 times)

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
My music sounds just like U2/Hendrix!!!
« on: March 31, 2009, 12:46:40 PM »
Hey everyone, not sure if this is appropriate, but thought I'd try.  I record a lot of music on my own.  I've posted some songs online and thought I'd share them. I wrote all the guitar parts and did the mixing on my own.  I can't sing, but the music more than makes up for it.  It sounds very U2 esque with some Hendrix thrown in.  I promise it is really amazing music (especially with headphones or good speakers).   I've posted the URL below.  If you have any feedback, drop a line.  Check out Waiting on the Otherside, Black Widow, Paper Doll.  Again I'm sorry if this is not cool, and please let me know. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 12:50:31 PM by achtung child »

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
Re: My music sounds just like U2/Hendrix!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »
I think your thread title is a little bold lol!  :D

I like your music though, it's excellent! The first track is epic, really enjoyed that.

You desperately need some words man. That first tune would blow peoples minds with the right vocal melody!

I record my own music too, I've recorded some truly stunning tunes, but I really struggle with the lyrics.

And I can't sing, which obviously doesn't help! I just feel that the riffs I was coming up with suddenly got really good, without warning, after years of learning! It's strange! I am going to start taking my work seriously like you, I think, before I get too old!

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 04:13:07 PM »
It's shoegazer music, similar to early Verve.

Don't know if I can say this, but that first tune is amazing when you've had a good smoke!  ;)

You need to do something with that tune, everytime I here it man it gets better!

I really dig that tune.

Revolver7

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 04:20:56 PM »
That's some good music man!  8)

Though, it didn't really remind me of U2 or Hendrix...it made me think of Early 90's Smashing Pumpkins, and The Wallflowers (no offense or anything, I was just saying)

jimyjazz

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »
this is really good stuff -

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 06:49:16 PM »
Thanks for listening  :D