Author Topic: The Band getting in shape for world tour  (Read 5507 times)

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
Re: The Band getting in shape for world tour
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to use a U2 concert to motivate me!  Is anyone else interested in "buddying up" on a thread and checking in once in a while as we try to get in shape with the boys?

I can be your buddy!  Are you on Facebook, or shall I look for you here?  I just got a new workout video . . .  ;D

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 08:19:10 PM »
does anyone here have the list of their food/drink requirement, with the comparison with what they required before (i.e. expensive wine). kindly post it here. thanks.

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 10:42:19 PM »
does anyone here have the list of their food/drink requirement, with the comparison with what they required before (i.e. expensive wine). kindly post it here. thanks.

You mean this one?
Last tour demands 2001:

Champagne
Jack Daniels
Curries
Burgers
Fries
Cheese selection
Guinness
Expensive wine

New tour demands 2009:

Protein shakes
White egg omelettes
Low-carb chicken salads
Energy drinks
Stir-fried vegetables
Treadmills

efdeat, and anyone else who's interested . . . maybe we should take this thread to the "real world" forum?  It doesn't get much more real than trying to get in shape . . . especially if you're like me, closer to 40 than 20!

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 07:07:30 AM »
I like it, MirrorballMoon.  Post something in the real world section, and I'll find you!
 ;D

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »

You mean this one?
Last tour demands 2001:

Champagne
Jack Daniels
Curries
Burgers
Fries
Cheese selection
Guinness
Expensive wine

New tour demands 2009:

Protein shakes
White egg omelettes
Low-carb chicken salads
Energy drinks
Stir-fried vegetables
Treadmills

efdeat, and anyone else who's interested . . . maybe we should take this thread to the "real world" forum?  It doesn't get much more real than trying to get in shape . . . especially if you're like me, closer to 40 than 20!

yes, this is it! thanks! :)

daveyg

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 09:52:42 AM »
You left out the walking sticks, hearing aids and golf carts

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 10:43:36 AM »

:D

Offline imafan

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 11:36:09 PM »
Love the thread!  I've been using U2 on my shuffle to "inspire" my workouts for nearly a year! 

My current playlist as cut and pasted:  "Elevation", "Vertigo", "All Because of You", "Popmuzik" [not really U2-reminds me of "PopMart tour"], "Even Better Than the Real Thing", "Mysterious Ways", "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)", "Where the Streets Have No Name", "Desire", "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me", "Get On Your Boots", "Fast Cars", "Magnificent", "Breathe", "Gone", "All Because of You (Alternate Version)", "Levitate", "Native Son", "Xanax and Wine", "God, Pt. 2", "Pride (In The Name Of Love)", "Lemon", "Go crazy tonight", "Standup Comedy", "Blow your horn (outakes)", "Acrobat", "Wake up deadman (outakes)"

Having Bono wail in your ear for over an hour can be a real motivator after a dull day at work.

Any other inspirational U2-inspired music others exercise to?

Love the idea of a exercise support group!  I'm trying to drop the last 5 lbs.

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 08:38:08 AM »
Love the thread!  I've been using U2 on my shuffle to "inspire" my workouts for nearly a year! 

My current playlist as cut and pasted:  "Elevation", "Vertigo", "All Because of You", "Popmuzik" [not really U2-reminds me of "PopMart tour"], "Even Better Than the Real Thing", "Mysterious Ways", "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)", "Where the Streets Have No Name", "Desire", "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me", "Get On Your Boots", "Fast Cars", "Magnificent", "Breathe", "Gone", "All Because of You (Alternate Version)", "Levitate", "Native Son", "Xanax and Wine", "God, Pt. 2", "Pride (In The Name Of Love)", "Lemon", "Go crazy tonight", "Standup Comedy", "Blow your horn (outakes)", "Acrobat", "Wake up deadman (outakes)"

Having Bono wail in your ear for over an hour can be a real motivator after a dull day at work.

Any other inspirational U2-inspired music others exercise to?

Love the idea of a exercise support group!  I'm trying to drop the last 5 lbs.

Hey, imafan, some of us from this thread moved over to the "real world" and have teamed up in a thread called "get in shape with U2!"  Come join us! :-)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 08:39:56 AM by MirrorballMoon »

shockdocta22

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 07:13:05 PM »
Be ready for what's next - the tour and the guys are getting into shape and will be sticking with it eating & drinking healthy . I have six months to get into tip top shape myself. We are all going to be in for some  high energy entertainment at the concerts . Can't wait !

You got that right Maria! I am going to get in great shape to see the boys again. Afterall ,they haven't seen me for 22 years and I must look my very best!! I know their eyes will be fixed on me in the stands in Giants Stadium ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!

Only if they are not on me for acting nuts ::)

Offline imafan

• Wanderer
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 09:04:48 PM »
"Hey, imafan, some of us from this thread moved over to the "real world" and have teamed up in a thread called "get in shape with U2!"  Come join us! :-)"

Haven't checked back for a while - thanks for the invite - but where is the "real world" at???

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »

;D ;D ;D

zip

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 12:46:24 PM »
without really tryin I'm in tour shape already as i recently was seen wearin a suit I bought 15 odd years ago that a mere 18 months ago was a no way happenin.....