Author Topic: Another PreSale Question (I'm Sorry!)  (Read 1632 times)

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
Another PreSale Question (I'm Sorry!)
« on: April 01, 2009, 02:00:25 PM »
Ok, here's the deal:

I am a u2.com subscriber, and have my own mail/post address set up and everything. However, my friend is going to BUY the tickets on ticketmaster.com...does it matter if I give her my presale code and she buys the tickets with her own card? I mean, someone is paying for the membership and someone's paying for the tickets, so does it matter if the u2.com and ticketmaster account names and billing addresses don't match up?

Thanks and I'm sorry to bug you all.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: Another PreSale Question (I'm Sorry!)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 02:07:16 PM »
You can try to use her card and set up the address to your home.

Offline cedars

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 02:14:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok, here's the deal:

I am a u2.com subscriber, and have my own mail/post address set up and everything. However, my friend is going to BUY the tickets on ticketmaster.com...does it matter if I give her my presale code and she buys the tickets with her own card? I mean, someone is paying for the membership and someone's paying for the tickets, so does it matter if the u2.com and ticketmaster account names and billing addresses don't match up?

This is essentially what I'm asking in the thread I started, and it appears to be a relative unknown.  Common sense would suggest that you and I would be fine, but does Ticketmaster and/or U2.com employ common sense?  Earlier today, I purchased 4 tix for Boston 2 using the leaked "boots" presale code.  I purchased these in my wife's name and credit card.  Now, she has a presale code still unused from U2.com that I was going to use tonight for some GA's for Boston 2 during the "Boots" presale.  I was going to purchase them under my name with my corporate credit card and billing address.  Why shouldn't this work, right?  It's unfortunate more of us weren't clear on all of this.  Obviously, I would hate to have an order cancelled for violating some policy that is at best "gray" to everyone. 

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 02:20:56 PM »
Ok, here's the deal:

This is essentially what I'm asking in the thread I started, and it appears to be a relative unknown.  Common sense would suggest that you and I would be fine, but does Ticketmaster and/or U2.com employ common sense?  Earlier today, I purchased 4 tix for Boston 2 using the leaked "boots" presale code.  I purchased these in my wife's name and credit card.  Now, she has a presale code still unused from U2.com that I was going to use tonight for some GA's for Boston 2 during the "Boots" presale.  I was going to purchase them under my name with my corporate credit card and billing address.  Why shouldn't this work, right?  It's unfortunate more of us weren't clear on all of this.  Obviously, I would hate to have an order cancelled for violating some policy that is at best "gray" to everyone. 

Oh, I didn't check your thread. Should have!

I know what you mean, I think no one would care as long as the u2.com subscription is getting paid for, as well as the tickets. I really don't think the u2.com address or name will matter...just as long as the credit card information is legitimate and the code isn't getting used more than it should...I mean there are thousands of pre-sale codes, I highly doubt U2.com or Ticketmaster really have the time to check on person to person.

Offline Dfit00

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Sing for your sanity
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »
Nah, I don't think so.

Ticketmaster and U2.com are just capitalistic business, they want your order, you pay, and that's it -> Simple.