Author Topic: Venue maps on U2.com  (Read 1076 times)

Offline jg

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Venue maps on U2.com
« on: April 01, 2009, 03:32:13 PM »
I noticed that the venue maps on U2.com are a bit more detailed than the Ticketmaster maps. I have 4 tix in sec 139 for Boston 1 and noticed on U2.com that there is seemingly a tower (lighting?) in front of that section. Parts of that section are shaded as if to indicate obstructed view. My TM receipt shows "full view". Anyone have any info on this. I noticed many of the other venues show something similar.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chadp123

• Wanderer
Re: Venue maps on U2.com
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »
not sure what those towers on the corner are, exactly.  i would assume lighting towers, as the speakers are supposedly inside the claw assembly.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:04:50 PM by chadp123 »

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
Re: Venue maps on U2.com
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:04:07 PM »
thanks for the tip on the new maps

i like how they incorporate the extended walkway (at least for atlanta and los angeles) and the football yard lines so you can see the walkway extends out to the 50 (or opposite 40).  plus, you have to figure they are going to be underneath the center of the entire structure, which would put them around the 30 yard line.

i'd be willing to bet that if you are unfortunate enough to have a tower blocking your view, you will be given tickets to another section.  i remember in 97 when my sister and i were in tempe, our tickets were at a really bad angle relative to the screen and a sun devil stadium employee gave us tickets a couple of sections over.

-dan