Author Topic: Can someone please explain to me  (Read 3035 times)

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
Can someone please explain to me
« on: April 01, 2009, 03:52:05 PM »
what the deal is with ticketfast tickets? apparently you get them emailed to you over the internet when you make your purchase?

I have organised through u2.com to buy some tickets from someone with a spare couple and they are ticketfast tickets or whatever you call them. If they are sent to you electronically via email... What is to stop people printing dozens of copies out and giving them to all their friends?

Thanks,
Ben.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Can someone please explain to me
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »
I have bought tickets to five shows and made sure all are hard tickets delivered to my door, not keen on Ticketfast.
Personally wouldn't touch resold Ticketfast for exactly the reason you said, there is nothing stopping duplication. I'm sure Ticketfast will be scanned at the venue so if someone else has them too and has arrived at the venue before  then you may be denied entry after them!!
But really depends if you trust the seller of course.....or get there early  ;D

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:33:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
what the deal is with ticketfast tickets? apparently you get them emailed to you over the internet when you make your purchase?

I have organised through u2.com to buy some tickets from someone with a spare couple and they are ticketfast tickets or whatever you call them. If they are sent to you electronically via email... What is to stop people printing dozens of copies out and giving them to all their friends?

Thanks,
Ben.

There's nothing to stop this from happening which is why nobody should ever purchase Ticketfast tickets from anyone other than Ticketmaster.

Offline Dfit00

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Sing for your sanity
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 04:53:37 PM »
If you buy them directly through Ticketmaster, then there's no problem, as long as you keep them SAFE!

If you buy them from another person/broker/agency/company etc, then it's not legitimate, do not trust them.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 05:23:49 PM »
Everyone's forewarned you - Don't buy 'em if you don't know the person & well.   Hard tix are always better. 
My presale actually had Ticketfast option greyed out but showed it as an option when checking out. 

Offline u2philly

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »
I got My Tickets for Dublin (ticketfast) I did not know I had a choice,
I've gotten ticketfast from ebay a few times, and never had a problem.
I would have love to gotten regular tickets but this is what i have,
The name of the buyer is on all tickets so if get screw the ticket can be trace back to the seller,

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 07:57:46 PM »
The name of the buyer is on all tickets so if get screw the ticket can be trace back to the seller,

Means little as you sit outside Croke Park.

OK, I'm sure you'll be fine but even with ticketfast tickets, you can ring up and have them issue you with hard tickets IF you were the original purchaser.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 09:41:28 PM »

Thanks,
Ben.

As everyone's sais there's absolutely nothing to stop someone printing out dozens of copies & selling them. That why virtually nobody will risk purchasing second-hand ticketfast tickets.

In saying that, I actually sold ticketfast tickets to someone on U2.com during the last tour. I had tickets to the US leg of Vertigo, but had to return home to Australia before the concert date. The transaction went very smootly & the woman I sold the tickets to was totally stoked, she had an amazing time (I still keep in contact with her). I told her that some people were wary of purchasing ticketfast tickets, & suggested that she could pay 'half now & half after the show', or all the money after the show (I was't going to be able to use the tickets anyway). But she said she had no problems, & was happy to pay up-front.

So as everyone's said, I'd recommend getting hard tickets. But if you really want these ticketfast tickets (due to there location, or troubles getting other tickets), you could see if you could do a 'pay half now, half later' type thing, to limit your losses if there's problems (then the seller's in the same situation as you, incase you don't pay the remaining some after the concert). Also I'd recommend getting as much info on the seller as possible. You'll obviously have their bank details (for the transaction), maybe you could get a photocopy of their driver's licence. Not that these things will probably help if someone trys to screw you over, but who knows.

Good luck.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 11:15:56 PM »
I would just ask to see the seller's order confirmation that came along with the tickets. Living out in the middle of nowhere, I use Ticketfast tickets all the time. I keep them in a safe place and have never had any problem. That said, I would not buy the from a third party without some sort of confirmation that they are that person's tickets.