Author Topic: The New Depeche Mode far better than No line on the Horizon  (Read 7544 times)

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
Re: The New Depeche Mode far better than No line on the Horizon
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »
Shake the disease is their best ....hands down.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 09:25:17 PM »
Yeah really good tune. But somebody here started "Blasphemous Rumors" that the new Depeche Mode album is better than
NLOTH, and that's just "Wrong".

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2009, 09:28:06 PM »
ha ha ...Bono, your such a Violator.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2009, 09:31:49 PM »
ha ha..just promise you won't get "Behind The Wheel".  :P

luieu2

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2009, 09:32:28 PM »
one word overdose ;)

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2009, 09:33:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ha ha..just promise you won't get "Behind The Wheel".  :P

That would be wrong.......ok, Im running out.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2009, 09:47:09 PM »
one word overdose ;)

He better get "Clean". Well, it's "The Dead of Night" so "Goodnight Lovers". "Enjoy The Silence".

Cause the only "Freelove" you're going to get here is if you "Pleasure Little Treasure". If you think otherwise - "DREAM ON".  :-*

andyt

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2009, 01:56:33 AM »

I quite like the new DM single - and it has a fantastic video.

DM (like U2) lost it over their last 2 or 3 albums. But 'wrong' seems like a great new single - maybe the album will be good too.

Oh no, I just said something positive - what has come over me.

'Wrong' certainly fares better than 'Boots' did!?!?

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2009, 05:03:03 AM »
When I first played No line I thought it was a great comeback but after numerous listening it kinda doesn't hold up. (Magnifecent is the bets track on the Album the rest is kinda well not up there) I'm back on Zooropa which I still think is U2's most daring album. I love the Cybersonic sound of it. When Achtung came out I was a long time U2 fan. But I thought that album really kick ass in a time when U2 needed to kick ass. But although Achtung is a better made album it's Zooropa that really stayed with me. It fully understood and embraced the dawn of new technology and it's so good it withstood the test of time. which is really an achievement since No line already sounds dated and they're not even on tour yet.

For me after Zooropa and some songs on POP it went downhill with U2. Yeah To be honest I really liked some songs on POP. Liked the sound of it. Didn't know it wasn't finished when it came out. I didn't like the single and the overproduced version op Please. The version on the album was heartbreakingly beautiful. The one they finished was mwauh. Ok. Pop contained a couple of hauntingly beautiful song which I'm glad that U2 didn't have time to finish and f*** up.

The came all that u can leave behind I been never been able to listen to that album in one go since it bores the living sh** out of me. I think atomic bomb was even worse. it had absolutely no soul or fire what so ever Just A couple of very overproduced boring songs.
 with no line I hoped that they would grow they're balls back but the boys just had a margarita to many and are afraid  they will never grow their balls back and deliver and totally out there album. They waaaay to comfortable in their comfort zone. which is boring The best U2 albums where the ones nobody understood or liked at first listings but now they are juts too busy with making music everybody likes and swallows.

And Now about the video's they've been making in the last ten years. Please have balls to stay the f*** out of your own video's
 it's tiring to see the bad playing in each damn video.

I showed All I want is you to my girlfriend and she hates u2 but that video made her cry.
Make more art and deepfelt story telling Like electrical storm, video's instead of look here we are in a panaorma shot look here we are in close up. it gets boring Bono to see you in every goddamn shot. Just let the lyrics tell a f****** beautifl story.

Magnificent should've been the first video and track and a f****** great one since it lends it for it. But I bet we're going to get to see U2 in every goddamn shot playing the song Bono with his mouth wide open.

Damn I'm so glad that Depeche mode is at least trying it.

andyt

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2009, 05:17:46 AM »
When I first played No line I thought it was a great comeback but after numerous listening it kinda doesn't hold up. (Magnifecent is the bets track on the Album the rest is kinda well not up there) I'm back on Zooropa which I still think is U2's most daring album. I love the Cybersonic sound of it. When Achtung came out I was a long time U2 fan. But I thought that album really kick ass in a time when U2 needed to kick ass. But although Achtung is a better made album it's Zooropa that really stayed with me. It fully understood and embraced the dawn of new technology and it's so good it withstood the test of time. which is really an achievement since No line already sounds dated and they're not even on tour yet.

For me after Zooropa and some songs on POP it went downhill with U2. Yeah To be honest I really liked some songs on POP. Liked the sound of it. Didn't know it wasn't finished when it came out. I didn't like the single and the overproduced version op Please. The version on the album was heartbreakingly beautiful. The one they finished was mwauh. Ok. Pop contained a couple of hauntingly beautiful song which I'm glad that U2 didn't have time to finish and f*** up.

The came all that u can leave behind I been never been able to listen to that album in one go since it bores the living sh** out of me. I think atomic bomb was even worse. it had absolutely no soul or fire what so ever Just A couple of very overproduced boring songs.
 with no line I hoped that they would grow they're balls back but the boys just had a margarita to many and are afraid  they will never grow their balls back and deliver and totally out there album. They waaaay to comfortable in their comfort zone. which is boring The best U2 albums where the ones nobody understood or liked at first listings but now they are juts too busy with making music everybody likes and swallows.

And Now about the video's they've been making in the last ten years. Please have balls to stay the f*** out of your own video's

I showed All I want is you to my girlfriend and she hates u2 but that video made her cry.
Make more art and deepfelt story telling Like electrical storm, video's instead of look here we are in a panaorma shot look here we are in close up. it gets boring Bono to see you in every goddamn shot. Just let the lyrics tell a f****** beautifl story.

Magnificent should've been the first video and track and a f****** great one since it lends it for it. But I bet we're going to get to see U2 in every goddamn shot playing the song Bono with his mouth wide open.

Good man - a well balanced argument. I think you're right, Zooropa was great.

Interesting too that a lot of people don't mention Electrical Storm. I think it's a fantastic song. But strangely, it was recorded during one of their dull periods. Sometimes U2 seem to record their best music when they're not trying so hard.

Magnificent is an equally great song but some of NLOTH makes me want to eat my own ears.

Let's hope the shows are good. Still love that new DM single...

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2009, 05:24:12 AM »

Good man - a well balanced argument. I think you're right, Zooropa was great.

Interesting too that a lot of people don't mention Electrical Storm. I think it's a fantastic song. But strangely, it was recorded during one of their dull periods. Sometimes U2 seem to record their best music when they're not trying so hard.

Magnificent is an equally great song but some of NLOTH makes me want to eat my own ears.

Let's hope the shows are good. Still love that new DM single...
I've been listening to a downloaded version of Sounds of the Universe can't wait to get it on vinyl. yeah I know it illegal but Don't worry I'll always buy a hardcopy, but damn this album is good. beats No line. it used the be the other way around remember.

Offline sceptic prophet

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2009, 05:38:29 AM »
No line already sounds dated and they're not even on tour yet.

This is just nonsense.

U2 have never delivered  a "totally out there" album. What are you talking about?

By the way, I "understood" and liked all U2 albums at first listen, except ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

andyt

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2009, 05:43:35 AM »

This is just nonsense.

U2 have never delivered  a "totally out there" album. What are you talking about?

By the way, I "understood" and liked all U2 albums at first listen, except ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

Johnny, don't worry, you get this attitude all over the forum. Dare you critisize at your peril!

I agree ATYCLB and HTDAAB weren't interesting records and as far as being 'out there' or 'sonically challenging' or 'cutting edge' are concerned, U2 have never been that.

The really interesting and cutting edge music comes from much smaller, left field bands.

Which isn't to say U2 haven't made some truly great music because they have.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2009, 05:54:32 AM »

This is just nonsense.

Johnny, don't worry, you get this attitude all over the forum. Dare you critisize at your peril!

I agree ATYCLB and HTDAAB weren't interesting records and as far as being 'out there' or 'sonically challenging' or 'cutting edge' are concerned, U2 have never been that.

The really interesting and cutting edge music comes from much smaller, left field bands.

I know Jazz and I don't give a damn. I love U2 for what they did. But I frustrating to see that you know that they can do so much better but they simply won't because the have this POP trauma. If Depeche Mode made a bad record I  would be saying the same stuff about them. Well actually Exciter wasn't that exciting to be honest.

I love both bands But even to I love something it doesn't mean that they are above criticism.

andyt

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2009, 06:03:48 AM »

This is just nonsense.

I know Jazz and I don't give a damn. I love U2 for what they did. But I frustrating to see that you know that they can do so much better but they simply won't because the have this POP trauma. If Depeche Mode made a bad record I  would be saying the same stuff about them. Well actually Exciter wasn't that exciting to be honest.

I love both bands But even to I love something it doesn't mean that they are above criticism.

Yes - they did have it and maybe they will have it again but at the moment they're a bit lost. I think it's a mixture of what you call 'POP' trauma and being obsessed about making tons of money and selling out massive tours.

Who gives a toss - just make great records like you used to and all else will follow...