Author Topic: Question about my ticket for Rose Bowl!!!  (Read 41454 times)

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
Question about my ticket for Rose Bowl!!!
« on: April 02, 2009, 09:30:06 PM »
I just got a ticket for the LA concert, my section is 20-H Row 71 Seat 88.... is that meaning that I'm in the lower section?? (blue square), just to be sure.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
Re: Question about my ticket for Rose Bowl!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:32:40 PM »
ha ha...how the f are we supposed to know?  Throw a dart buddy..your going to see the greatest live band on earth.

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:39:58 PM »
Maybe somebody knows it for sure... because in the lower section in blue says LETTERED ROW SEATS and there's no letter in any other section, I just want to know for sure because I'm very excited about it, I think it would be a rockin' view of the show.

Pls, somebody....

hurricane hugo

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 10:54:28 PM »
Row 71 leads me to believe you're pretty high up in the stands. How long after ticket sales started did it take to get your tickets? Anyway, I don't see a blue square; I do see a blue ring. The rectangle is the General Admission zone.

cool-as-**** screen name, btw.

#@!

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:59:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Row 71 leads me to believe you're pretty high up in the stands. How long after ticket sales started did it take to get your tickets? Anyway, I don't see a blue square; I do see a blue ring. The rectangle is the General Admission zone.

#@!

Yes I was talking about that blue ring that says LETTERED ROW SEATS, my ticket says section 20-H, in the numbers there's no letter, but I think that the letter H belongs to that section that specifically says LETTERED ROW SEATS, the letter H doesn't mean my row, neither my seat.. that's why I'm confused.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 02:08:32 AM »

#@!

Yes I was talking about that blue ring that says LETTERED ROW SEATS, my ticket says section 20-H, in the numbers there's no letter, but I think that the letter H belongs to that section that specifically says LETTERED ROW SEATS, the letter H doesn't mean my row, neither my seat.. that's why I'm confused.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're way up in the nosebleeds  :(

The front rows are lettered, but you don't have a lettered row, you're row 71. The back row is 77, so row 71 is way up there near the back. The seats are either designated as H for 'high', or L for 'Low'. This means that your seat number, being in 20-H, is high. So your seat number is above 100, & your seated counter-clockwise of the tunnel for section 20. Here's a diagram from ticketmaster that explains it better.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sorry for causing you pain, but hey, you're going to be at a U2 show! The back of section 20 will still be way closer than the back of, say section 12. Also the nosebleeds at the Rose Bowl won't have badly effected audio, as there's no roof, & no tiers for the sound to bounce around in. It'll be a great venue!

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »

#@!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're way up in the nosebleeds  :(

The front rows are lettered, but you don't have a lettered row, you're row 71. The back row is 77, so row 71 is way up there near the back. The seats are either designated as H for 'high', or L for 'Low'. This means that your seat number, being in 20-H, is high. So your seat number is above 100, & your seated counter-clockwise of the tunnel for section 20. Here's a diagram from ticketmaster that explains it better.

Sorry for causing you pain, but hey, you're going to be at a U2 show! The back of section 20 will still be way closer than the back of, say section 12. Also the nosebleeds at the Rose Bowl won't have badly effected audio, as there's no roof, & no tiers for the sound to bounce around in. It'll be a great venue!

Thank you very much for the explanation, I'm sooo disappointed with my ticket... I got this crappy seat for 165 bucks (because I included the 50 dlls for the bloody fan club) and I did it this way just because I was afraid of getting a bad seat in the general sale.... this venue it's HUGE I'm going to see them like ants... if I'm able to see them....  >:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's stupid that there's not a clear explanation of the section that you're getting in Ticketmaster.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 02:09:33 AM »

Thank you very much for the explanation, I'm sooo disappointed with my ticket... I got this crappy seat for 165 bucks (because I included the 50 dlls for the bloody fan club) and I did it this way just because I was afraid of getting a bad seat in the general sale.... this venue it's HUGE I'm going to see them like ants... if I'm able to see them....  >:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's stupid that there's not a clear explanation of the section that you're getting in Ticketmaster.

No worries mate, sorry for your disappointment. At least having a side facing seat you'll actually be closer than just about anyone at the far End Zone (I believe the lowers in the far End Zone will be $95 seats). Hearing people's experiences about the presale it sounds like most of the seats offered weren't very spectacular. Even the $250 seats I've heard about don't seem to be very far forward. I think the main advantage with the presale is to get GA tickets (I've got one). Also it does allow you to take a little bit more time in considering your ticket. The general sale is just a mad rush, & take what you can get. I've done a heap of research (too much really), finding out what seats other people got, & what they paid for them, & looking at the seating plans of other venues.

Here's a 'possible' seating chart I created. The dots are peoples confirmed seats (& the price they paid). There's a heap of pink dots in zone 20, other people with $95 seats, so don't think you're the only one. I've also separated the seats into possible pricing zones (a total guess, but based on other venues).

If a second LA concert is announced I'll probably try to get rear $95 seats (section 27-28 would be nice, Edge's side). These rear seats are just about closer than any seating, & from what I heard about the rear seats at the Verigo arena seats, they are great. If you really want to get closer, maybe you could consider trying to sell you seat as around face value, & either trying again at the general sale. Or if Los Angeles 2 is announced, as most people believe there will be a second show there, then you could try at that presale (you still have 3 remaining uses of your presale code if you only purchase 1 ticket). If you want to get real close you could try for GA tickets, definitely the best value, & can be easily the 'best seats in the house', with a lot of effort. Here's a shot I took at a Sydney Vertigo show, after 10 hours waiting in line (so worth it).

Best of luck with whatever you decide  ;D

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 02:41:58 PM »
unlike a lot of tiered newer stadiums where some of the upper tiers overhang the lower tiers, with each row in the rose bowl you are further and further away, it really is a total suckfest of a place for a concert, gotta love bench seats !

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 03:02:41 PM »
here's the rose bowl diagram from u2.com:

i posted in the main los angeles thread my reasons for thinking there won't be a 2nd show.  it would be nice, but i'd be surprised if it happened.

thinwhiteduck - if you can still purchase presale tickets, you can always try to buy GA tickets for future shows that will be announced and will have presales.  if you luck out and can get one, you can always make a trade.

junior - once the show starts, you won't realize they are bench seats.  not sure what to tell you about the view. if you're going to be behind the stage, i think you are already at a disadvantage.

-dan

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 04:04:44 PM »

No worries mate, sorry for your disappointment. At least having a side facing seat you'll actually be closer than just about anyone at the far End Zone (I believe the lowers in the far End Zone will be $95 seats). Hearing people's experiences about the presale it sounds like most of the seats offered weren't very spectacular. Even the $250 seats I've heard about don't seem to be very far forward. I think the main advantage with the presale is to get GA tickets (I've got one). Also it does allow you to take a little bit more time in considering your ticket. The general sale is just a mad rush, & take what you can get. I've done a heap of research (too much really), finding out what seats other people got, & what they paid for them, & looking at the seating plans of other venues.

Here's a 'possible' seating chart I created. The dots are peoples confirmed seats (& the price they paid). There's a heap of pink dots in zone 20, other people with $95 seats, so don't think you're the only one. I've also separated the seats into possible pricing zones (a total guess, but based on other venues).

If a second LA concert is announced I'll probably try to get rear $95 seats (section 27-28 would be nice, Edge's side). These rear seats are just about closer than any seating, & from what I heard about the rear seats at the Verigo arena seats, they are great. If you really want to get closer, maybe you could consider trying to sell you seat as around face value, & either trying again at the general sale. Or if Los Angeles 2 is announced, as most people believe there will be a second show there, then you could try at that presale (you still have 3 remaining uses of your presale code if you only purchase 1 ticket). If you want to get real close you could try for GA tickets, definitely the best value, & can be easily the 'best seats in the house', with a lot of effort. Here's a shot I took at a Sydney Vertigo show, after 10 hours waiting in line (so worth it).

Best of luck with whatever you decide  ;D

Thank you for your time of explanation  :)... I think that I'm not going to freak out and I'll keep my ticket, this will be my first U2 concert experience (I'm a new fan actually.. a year ago or so), I will enjoy it anyway, I don't want to be stressed for the next 6 months for a seat.

Offline Bowie Fett

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 05:16:50 PM »
I have:

Section 20H, Row F

The map is strange. It looks like I'll be on the 20 yard line, row 6 (?), directly at the side of the stage (in line with Larry's drum kit?). I read that they are playing in-the-round, so I hope I can see each member...?

8)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 05:21:11 PM by Bowie Fett »

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 06:27:55 PM »
I have:

Section 20H, Row F

The map is strange. It looks like I'll be on the 20 yard line, row 6 (?), directly at the side of the stage (in line with Larry's drum kit?). I read that they are playing in-the-round, so I hope I can see each member...?

8)

20 Row F, wow, that's an AMAZING seat, the best I've seen! I think you may have the best seat in the house (well, except for the RED auction). How did you get that, Horizon member? Yeah, around the 20 yard line (maybe even inside as you're H). K's the front row, then it works back to A (weird), before the numbers start. F is the sixth row, but due to the curve of the seating, for section 20 it may actually be about the 1st of 2nd row! I've heard that at centre field, the first few rows in the lower section are flat, at ground level, before the seats start being elevated towards the rear of the Bowl. Not sure, but looks like F is slightly on the incline). The flat's obviously not good for football, as you don't get any perspective, but would be just FINE for a concert. The stage will be elevated at least 8ft, & the catwalk at least 4ft. I believe you're on Adam's side of the stage (he's always on that side as far as I know), but the other band members will move around a lot (even larry may play a couple of tunes out on the catwalk).

That really is a great seat, pretty much PRIME location!  Here it is (I'm jealous) ;D

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:57:24 PM by d.darroch »

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 07:02:45 PM »
I have:

Section 20H, Row F

8)

20 Row F, wow, that's an AMAZING seat, the best I've seen! I think you may have the best seat in the house (well, except for the RED auction). How did you get that, Horizon member? Yeah, around the 20 yard line (maybe even inside as you're H). K's the front row, then it works back to A (weird), before the numbers start. F is the sixth row, but due to the curve of the seating, for section 20 it may actually be about the 1st of 2nd row! I've heard that at centre field, the first few rows in the lower section are flat, at ground level, before the seats start being elevated towards the rear of the Bowl. Not sure, but looks like F is slightly on the incline). The flat's obviously not good for football, as you don't get any perspective, but would be just FINE for a concert. The stage will be elevated at least 8ft, & the catwalk at least 4ft. I believe you're on Adam's side of the stage (he's always on that side as far as I know), but the other band members will move around a lot (even larry may play a couple of tunes out on the catwalk).

That really is a great seat, pretty much PRIME location!  Here it is (I'm jealous) ;D

Now that's a killer seat....  :'(

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »
I have:

Section 20H, Row F

8)

was it a $250 ?