Poll

Whats you fav tune from the album Zooropa!

Zooropa
17 (22.4%)
Babyface
1 (1.3%)
Numb
1 (1.3%)
Lemon
16 (21.1%)
Stay
23 (30.3%)
Daddy's gonna pay for your Crashed car
6 (7.9%)
Some days are better than others
2 (2.6%)
The first time
1 (1.3%)
Dirty Day
6 (7.9%)
The Wanderer
3 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: April 12, 2009, 04:37:55 AM

Author Topic: Zooropa  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lay Your Love On The Track
Zooropa
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:37:55 AM »
Although I don't think this album is just as good as Pop of four years later, I still feel it is a great and underrated album
So whats your Fav Track

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

;)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 04:40:13 AM by U2Lemon »

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Zooropa
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:39:28 AM »
I'll go for Lemon(very mysterious song)

Offline hawthorn mccadden

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:41:10 AM »
Hmmm...it's between Stay, First Time, and Dirty Day.

Gotta go with Stay. Great song...

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 04:47:59 AM »
for me it was between Lemon and Stay
Lemon Wins

Offline Crazy Tonight

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 05:12:05 AM »
As much as I love "The Wanderer" I must say that "Stay (Faraway, So Close!)" is the best song. Awesome all-round album too, one of my faves.

Offline kboman

• Wanderer
  • begin again, again and again
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 05:20:37 AM »
Lemon or Stay, voted Stay. Those are amazing songs and it's a great album too.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 05:22:00 AM »
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) has got to be one of the most beautiful U2 songs ever written.  I voted for Babyface though since it is also a sentimental favorite of mine - being the first song from this album that grabbed my attention and became my early favorite back in my younger days.

Zooropa is such a great album - this is experimentation done right with U2.

Cheers,

J

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 06:14:47 AM »
Stay, followed by Lemon and Zooropa.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 06:53:46 AM »
The whole goddamn album. Great album from AtoZ wheb it's finished you jnust want to restart it again. Instead of "force quiting and move it to trash" like No line.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 06:56:00 AM by Johnny Amsterdam »

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 07:05:05 AM »
Is it just me or is Zooropa some sort U2 fan common denominator?

Forum poster "U2Lemon", (who started this thread), loves Pop and all the 90's U2 experimentation-era madness. He loves Zooropa.

"Jick", who is a big fan of the popular newer work from the 2000's, such as ATYCLB and HTDAAB, also likes Zooropa.

And me, "hawthorn mccadden"...I'm an 80's U2 guy and I LOVE Zooropa. Hell, I like it more than Joshua tree, (but not more than Boy to Unforgettable Fire).

So it's odd. Of all the U2 records for fans to agree on, who would have guessed it would be Achtung Baby's weird little brother, Zooropa?

Does anyone on here NOT like Zooropa?

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 07:11:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Forum poster "U2Lemon", (who started this thread), loves Pop and all the 90's U2 experimentation-era madness. He loves Zooropa.

"Jick", who is a big fan of the popular newer work from the 2000's, such as ATYCLB and HTDAAB, also likes Zooropa.

And me, "hawthorn mccadden"...I'm an 80's U2 guy and I LOVE Zooropa. Hell, I like it more than Joshua tree, (but not more than Boy to Unforgettable Fire).

So it's odd. Of all the U2 records for fans to agree on, who would have guessed it would be Achtung Baby's weird little brother, Zooropa?

So it's true that Zooropa is an underestimated masterpiece. I bought it when ti came out and immediately fell in love with it.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 07:17:15 AM »

Many "casual" fans have never heard of Zooropa.

But those who actually have it all like it.

It is indeed a common denominator among fans and a very good observation on your part.

And please don't mistake me as to just being a fan of their post-POP work.  I am a Joshua Tree guy.

I just appreciated U2's efforts to erase the ghost of POP, which they have done magnificently, with the two albums that followed that up - and even to a certain extent with the Best of 1980-1990.  But I am still a Joshua Tree guy at heart.

Cheers,

J

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 07:34:37 AM »

Many "casual" fans have never heard of Zooropa.

But those who actually have it all like it.

It is indeed a common denominator among fans and a very good observation on your part.

And please don't mistake me as to just being a fan of their post-POP work.  I am a Joshua Tree guy.

I just appreciated U2's efforts to erase the ghost of POP, which they have done magnificently, with the two albums that followed that up - and even to a certain extent with the Best of 1980-1990.  But I am still a Joshua Tree guy at heart.

Cheers,

J

Will make a note of of your love for JT, Jick. I know I get all crazy when people don't recognize my love for Unforgettable Fire.

We all know the significance of Joshua Tree. It's U2's Sgt. Pepper's/London Calling/Purple Rain/etc. I bought it the day it was released on vinyl...my Mom had to drive me to the record store.

Now, back to ZOOROPA!

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 07:45:05 AM »
I like Dirty Day, especially the live version

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 07:53:45 AM »
Hey Hawthorn,Unforgettable fire is a great album
I personally like MLK,bad,Pride and Unforgettable fire,great tunes  ;)