Author Topic: Tix for Vancouver  (Read 1472 times)

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
Tix for Vancouver
« on: April 06, 2009, 01:39:18 AM »
I read on the main @U2 page that tickets for Vancouver BC will go on sale tomorrow (Monday), but I can't confirm this anywhere. Is this true, where does it say this on U2.com or Ticketmaster?

Thanks in advance!

Offline FishLips

• Stateless
Re: Tix for Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:15:21 AM »
Tickets go on sale this morning, I believe at 10am local time.  Can anyone confirm the time?  I don't have access to the email from u2.com right now.

Update:  I can't find where it says anything about the date or time on either u2.com or Ticketmaster.  Strange, you'd think at least one of them would be willing to provide that info.  I went to livenation.com and finally found both the date and time (which is 10am Pacific).  Here's the link:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 02:22:38 AM by FishLips »

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 08:18:32 AM »

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 12:41:23 PM »
Tickets go on sale this morning, I believe at 10am local time.  Can anyone confirm the time?  I don't have access to the email from u2.com right now.

Update:  I can't find where it says anything about the date or time on either u2.com or Ticketmaster.  Strange, you'd think at least one of them would be willing to provide that info.  I went to livenation.com and finally found both the date and time (which is 10am Pacific).  Here's the link:

Got 'em, thanks!

Offline Alana

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 01:03:17 PM »
Hope everyone was successful! I snapped up 7, 5 lower bowl for myself and four of my friends. 2 upper bowl for a couple friends who have never seen U2! Its going to be a great show!

My lower bowl tickets are right beside the "club lounge", any idea what that is?

Offline malcolm-edge

• Refugee
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 05:49:25 PM »
Mine are in section 246. I curse them for playing BC Place. Would have been happier with three or four GM place shows.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »
Mine are in section 246. I curse them for playing BC Place. Would have been happier with three or four GM place shows.

Totally agree! BCP sucks for acoustics unless you're on the floor!   :P
Their sound system may help but not so much for the upper levels.   

I got mine in the presale & tried out of curiousity today right off the bat but without luck.
Only terrible seats left in the upper levels. 

Offline Alana

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 06:50:23 PM »
Agreed! Sound is going to take a hit, but cool to be in there with 60,000 people. But yeah, I would rather have seen them at GM again.

Offline Lost between Midnight

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 09:36:43 PM »
This doesn't sound promising.  I'm coming from Winnipeg for the show and have never seen a concert in BCP.  I'm in section 210, row KK.  Am I correct in assuming that row 1 in section 210 would be AA? 

I am looking forward to 60,000 people for this show but the hope the acoustics are ok.

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 10:41:49 PM »
This doesn't sound promising.  I'm coming from Winnipeg for the show and have never seen a concert in BCP.  I'm in section 210, row KK.  Am I correct in assuming that row 1 in section 210 would be AA? 

I am looking forward to 60,000 people for this show but the hope the acoustics are ok.
nope.  you'll be approx on the 15 yard line area.  the seats start at (single) A and up. 
(I was at a Stamps/Lions game a couple years ago section 214 row B and that was 2nd row)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 04:36:20 PM »

nope.  you'll be approx on the 15 yard line area.  the seats start at (single) A and up. 
(I was at a Stamps/Lions game a couple years ago section 214 row B and that was 2nd row)

Witsa's correct ( hey witsa!)  It goes from A - V, then AA- VV generally.  So I'm sorry to say you're in pre-nosebleeds. Sound is definitely not good in BCP unless U2's system improves on it.   

Here's a better map btw, just scroll down:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You can download the composite map & zoom in on the .PDF.  On the map you'd be in the right bottom corner.   
If you're travelling to the show I'd see if you can dump those tix and get GA or something closer. 

Offline imafan

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 08:52:30 PM »
Hey - I'm in sec. 210, row KK too.  Nosebleeds!