Author Topic: Who's going to PHX and/or VEGAS?!  (Read 2849 times)

Offline jlw1980

• Babyface
Who's going to PHX and/or VEGAS?!
« on: April 08, 2009, 02:35:11 AM »
I'm definitely meeting two friends for Vegas. I may end up going to Phoenix as well, since I live here. Anyone else going to one or both of these shows? I am SO EXCITED! Pre-sale next Tuesday for me!!!!  ;D :D ;D :D

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: Who's going to PHX and/or VEGAS?!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 06:00:48 AM »
Yup flying over from Melbourne for them.

Offline aktrout

• Babyface
  • U2 3D. Even Better Than The Real Thing?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 08:35:37 AM »
I am traveling down from Alaska to see the Phoenix and possibly the Las Vegas show. That is assuming I can land some tickets. I did join U2.COM in hopes that the pre-sale treats me well.

Offline jlw1980

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 11:25:25 PM »
aktrout, when did you join? If you're part of the pre-sale, you shouldn't have a problem getting tickets. If you're in the Boots group, though, you may not get the tix you want. Then again, it's possible! :)

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 11:42:29 PM »
& i'm flying from sydney to see them, definitely vegas, & probably phoenix (as LA2 hasn't been announced).

Offline jlw1980

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 11:47:40 PM »
Wow, you're all traveling a long way!

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 08:28:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

When they come to your country 5 times in 25 years you gotta do what you gotta do...

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 08:29:15 AM »
& i'm flying from sydney to see them, definitely vegas, & probably phoenix (as LA2 hasn't been announced).

It probably won't be I'd say.

Offline aktrout

• Babyface
  • U2 3D. Even Better Than The Real Thing?
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 01:36:38 PM »
Argh, I am in the Boots group. I paid $50 a couple of weeks ago and I figured that would let me get good tickets. Oh well, I will figure something out.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 10:26:06 PM »

It probably won't be I'd say.

Yeah, I guess not. But I'm still praying for it!

Too much travel otherwise. I may be starting work in Lake Tahoe, N Cal. on 1st Nov. I'd probably want to fly in to SFO & offload my gear at Tahoe (as I'll have 40kg of snowboard/snowmaking gear). After the shows I may have to leave the country(to Mexico), & re-enter on my work visa (which usually can't be activated until nov. 1). So Phoenix will just through in more hassles, & more cost.

Also it looks like neither Vegas or Phoenix will have rear seating (I want seats for at least one show, but can't afford the premium seats). GA's for all shows may be too much hard work, especially while travelling alone. But still, how knows, the Red Zone may go cheap there (it only went for $115 for Boston 2)  ;)

So what are you're plans briscoetheque? Are you travelling alone, or is there a group of you flying over?

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 09:05:30 AM »
not trying to pick a fight, but are aussie fans still bitter the band didn't have shows there during the elevation tour?  because every other tour stopped there.

i do think it's very cool of you to come here, i really want to go down there someday.

-dan

When they come to your country 5 times in 25 years you gotta do what you gotta do...

Offline Chrisedge

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 10:51:27 AM »
Plus they got Lovetown, which we didn't :P

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 11:14:02 PM »
Plus they got Lovetown, which we didn't :P

After touring Joshua Tree in the US for 17 years...

:-)

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 11:25:03 PM »
not trying to pick a fight, but are aussie fans still bitter the band didn't have shows there during the elevation tour?  because every other tour stopped there.

i do think it's very cool of you to come here, i really want to go down there someday.

-dan

Personally I think the Kiwis have more right than us Aussie to be pi**ed, given there's clearly an affinity with the country yet it was never deemed 'financially viable' enough to drag Popmart or Elevation down there.

But Elevation - well personally I wasn't too fussed about that as I hate that album (ATYCLB) but mostly what sh**s me are the venues they play here in Oz so they can get in and get the f out of here quickly.

Popmart - 1 stadium show in 4 cities.

I just wish they'd tour arenas here so we can actually get decent sound quality at a gig instead of playing these huge cricket/football grounds like the MCG/Olympic Stadium/Football Park etc. Dates for Sth America and Australia/NZ are always thrown on at the end of a tour if we're lucky.

I understand the commercial reality.

But I reckon it's more the people complaining 'why the HELL aren't they coming to Bumf$#k, Idaho??? It's not faaaaaaiiiirr' that wind me up :-).

I don't think 360 will come to Australia/NZ. I just don't. I think again we're in an economic downturn like the early 2000/01 era and it won't be deemed profitable enough.

Here and now - US$250 for a reserved seat ticket in a stadium is around A$350. It aint gunna cut it and won't sell. In an arena ppl will pay it. Not in a stadium.

Ahm, I digress.

But I'm managing to tie in seeing a couple of friends in LA with a tour. That's why I'm going. Plus flight from Melbourne - LA are only US$700 all incl at the present. Worthwhile. Aussies are used to travelling. We don't think of LA - Chicago as a 'long haul' flight. That's 'popping out to get the milk'.

;D

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 11:53:49 PM »
Planning on going to Vegas and have tix for LA, maybe Phoenix

Does anyone know how the drive is from Vegas to Phoenix?  And the weather in Phoenix late Oct?