Author Topic: Who's going to PHX and/or VEGAS?!  (Read 2718 times)

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
Re: Who's going to PHX and/or VEGAS?!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 07:46:05 AM »
it's going to be warm.  i'm in tucson and 'fall' doesn't start until november.

the show is indoors, but if you're in the GA line you will definitely be able to wear shorts.

-dan

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 09:53:22 AM »
DEFINITELY PHOENIX! Probably Vegas!

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 11:25:24 AM »
No PNX, Definately Vancouver, & debating Vegas (the Vegas show is on my birthday). 
I had better get my mind made up about Vegas before Tues!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:56:38 AM by Witsa »

Offline aktrout

• Babyface
  • U2 3D. Even Better Than The Real Thing?
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
I live in Alaska, but am planning on going to Vegas and Phoenix. The weather in Phoenix in late October is typically still very warm. Mid to high 80's is typical, and it could bump 90. In the evening, it will probably dip down to the upper 60's, so it should be very comfortable. But we are talking weather here, some one never knows...

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am traveling down from Alaska to see the Phoenix and possibly the Las Vegas show. That is assuming I can land some tickets. I did join U2.COM in hopes that the pre-sale treats me well.

aktrout - where are you - I live in Ketchikan. Are you in SE or Interior? Im doing Vancouver, Vegas and possibly Phoenix!

Offline aktrout

• Babyface
  • U2 3D. Even Better Than The Real Thing?
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »
Zoost - I am in Anchorage. Love Southeast Alaska. I have been thru there about a half dozen times. One of the prettiest places on earth when the sun is out, which isn't all that often, I know.

Man, sounds like you are hitting a lot of shows. Too darn cool! I am hoping to take my entire family to the Phoenix show, and then take my son (who is 10 years old and a HUGE U2 fan) to the Vegas show.

I just hope I can score some decent tickets as I am only at the Boots level. Crossing my fingers I do ok.

Maybe we can have an Alaskan get together prior to the shows!

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 01:52:34 AM »
Thanks for the weather tips everyone!

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 11:39:55 AM »
I'll be at the Phoenix show.  I live here.  As far as the weather goes it could still be quite hot.  It could definately still e in the 90's.  I'm planning on buying GA tix and getting there early.  Believe me- the thought of being out in the hot desert sun all day before the show does not thrill me but I think it's worth it!

BTW-  I am in the Horizon group for presale and there is NO way I will be able to take part in the presale.  We are having consultants,The Bobs(Office Space anyone!) in the office all week and there is no way I will be able to get on for the presale.  Do you think some GA's are held back for the general public sale? 

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 06:00:02 PM »
Doubt it - based on LA I really doubt it.

I got onto TM bang on the onsale for LA and couldn't pull up anything. Am yet to hear of anyone who was able to either - on general pre sale.

Tell you what, gimme your pre sale code as it's no use to you  :P

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 09:57:54 PM »
Wow, I didn't know there were other AZ fans on here.  I'm in Tucson and I'll be in Phx with a bunch of my friends who aren't HUGE fans but want the uber-fan experience of doing GA with me - how funny is that?  Mr. Z and my son will be in seats there.  We're also either going to Vegas or Dallas - I want to go to Vegas b/c other people i know will be there but I really don't wanna hear the BEPs again but it's such an easy flight.

Drive from Phx to Vegas isn't bad - 6 hours or so and you get to drive over the Hoover Dam. Weather will be hot.  It doesn't cool off until Halloween.

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 05:23:32 AM »
give it up for tucson...w00t!

speedway & kolb here

-dan

Wow, I didn't know there were other AZ fans on here.  I'm in Tucson and I'll be in Phx with a bunch of my friends who aren't HUGE fans but want the uber-fan experience of doing GA with me - how funny is that?  Mr. Z and my son will be in seats there.  We're also either going to Vegas or Dallas - I want to go to Vegas b/c other people i know will be there but I really don't wanna hear the BEPs again but it's such an easy flight.

Drive from Phx to Vegas isn't bad - 6 hours or so and you get to drive over the Hoover Dam. Weather will be hot.  It doesn't cool off until Halloween.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 10:29:12 AM »
Zoost - I am in Anchorage. Love Southeast Alaska. I have been thru there about a half dozen times. One of the prettiest places on earth when the sun is out, which isn't all that often, I know.

Man, sounds like you are hitting a lot of shows. Too darn cool! I am hoping to take my entire family to the Phoenix show, and then take my son (who is 10 years old and a HUGE U2 fan) to the Vegas show.

I just hope I can score some decent tickets as I am only at the Boots level. Crossing my fingers I do ok.

Maybe we can have an Alaskan get together prior to the shows!

aktrout

Ive been to Anchorage too, althouth both times my flight out was delayed a couple of hours while we sat on the runway in a blizzard.  :D Ive just recently re-located to Ketchikan from Seattle (work reasons), my wife and I are about to buy a house here. I know the weather in Vegas and Phoenix will be better - we cant go wrong there!  :D

You are right, if you can handle the rain (Ketchikan is the 4th wettest place on earth apparently) the sunny days are well worth it.

I will be using my Horizon code for Vegas tickets tomorrow. And I have a friend who will score me a Phoenix ticket. Good luck with getting your tickets.

Offline jlw1980

• Babyface
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »
Planning on going to Vegas and have tix for LA, maybe Phoenix

Does anyone know how the drive is from Vegas to Phoenix?  And the weather in Phoenix late Oct?

Phoenix weather in late October can still be quite warm. I went to a World Series game in November 2001, and was sweating. However, that's about the time it starts to cool down a bit. I was married in Vegas in late October 2007, and the weather was beautiful. Nice and cool - but windy. The drive from Phoenix to Vegas - and vice-versa - is not terrible.

Offline jlw1980

• Babyface
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 06:58:19 PM »
give it up for tucson...w00t!

speedway & kolb here

-dan
I'm originally from Tucson and now in Tempe. I know your area well.

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 07:02:27 PM »
Planning on going to Vegas and have tix for LA, maybe Phoenix

Does anyone know how the drive is from Vegas to Phoenix?  And the weather in Phoenix late Oct?

Just made the drive last week, taking the missus and the kids to Scottsdale on spring break. About 5 hours or so, depending on traffic; the dam is a big issue, because construction of the new bypass is often causing lengthy backups in both directions.  But we tend to drive a little over the speed limit, and we actually left from Henderson, which is a southeast suburb of Las Vegas, so we were a little closer.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:08:14 PM by vegaspatrick »