Author Topic: How good are the Red Zone Tickets?  (Read 5566 times)

Offline hbarakat

• Wanderer
  • Smell the flowers while you can
How good are the Red Zone Tickets?
« on: April 08, 2009, 03:53:01 PM »
I am not bragging but I had to get four Red Zone tickets for the Rose Bowl concert because at the time the tickets went on sale, I had to be at meeting and I wasn't going to buy from a scalper and rather have my money go to a good cause.  Now that I got them, I look and it feels like I am at the side of the stage.

Does anyone know how good these are?

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
Re: How good are the Red Zone Tickets?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »
they are going to be fine. 

the key is where the band will be in relation to the "stage" designation on the seating charts (which we won't know until we see the youtube clips from barcelona).

i think the best overall spot would be at the farthest area out from the "stage".  that way you don't have to worry about seeing the back of anyone.

-dan

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 04:05:47 PM »
Congrats!   8)  And no apologies necessary...
You'll rock out and it'll be worth every penny.    Its a side view but a very good view & close up.  Its outside the circle ramp & inner lotto circle but you have the convenience of reserved seats.    And yes, its great that profits go to (RED).  

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 04:06:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

i think the best overall spot would be at the farthest area out from the "stage".  that way you don't have to worry about seeing the back of anyone.

-dan

^ that too.  Good point. 

Offline jlw1980

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 11:38:31 PM »
If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for the Red Zone tickets? I'm thinking of saving up for them for the 2010 leg, and would like to know what they're going for. If you don't want to say, I understand.  :)

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:22:28 AM »
I just got a Red Zone for Chicago 2. I would guess that the first shows would be slightly higher. I paid $160, with the "Red Zone Tour Experience" going for $1025 each. That includes a back stage tour before the show. I just couldn't afford that much.
It is my understanding that it's another GA but that there are folding seats available before the show starts. Am I wrong? Sitting would be good as I'm going GA the night before. My feet would appreciate that. :D

Birdlover

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 10:56:17 AM »
I've been watching a few auctions and the prices really vary both in range and city. 
The high end is over $1000 ( backstage tour)  and the low end (seats only) are anywhere from $190 to over $600. 
Depends on the venue & city but its definitely worth checking out & can be respectively good value if you score them for under $250 reserved seat prices. 

One important note - The (RED) tix are "WILL CALL" only, and the credit card holder must show ID to pick the tix up @ 6:30 pm the night of the event. That deters scalpers a bit but not totally, and may be an inconvenience for some. 

...So if you're buying them for anyone but yourself (eg) a friend or relative, you must have their CC or you have show up to pick up the tix for them. 

Offline hbarakat

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »
Thank you all for the info and sorry I have not responded to the ticket price question yet.
I got 4 tickets at $275 each.  At the start of the auction, the starting bid was $115 so I put in $200 as my bid.  A few days later I got an email alert that I am no longer "winning" the bid so I went up to $250.  3 hours before the auction closed I got another alert that I am no longer winning so I went on and saw that the minimum is $255 so I went up to $275.  Thank god I was at my desk.

The lesson learned is that they are not cheap and that make sure you know when the closing time is and be at a computer a few hours before that.

Offline hbarakat

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »
Oh and yes they are will call which was annoying to me as I kept trying like a dork to change that to home delivery.  I was even thinking about calling Ticketmaster and having them send it but I guess that will not work.

Offline jonmac56

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »
I think Red Zone can be a great value and it def varies by show...For example boston 1 went for $255 but Boston 2 went for the minimum of only $115!  I picked up four Reds for Boston 2 and total on card was only $463 after fees... My friend bought for $97 face tix and their total was $461 after fees to sit far away.... By doing will call redzones eliminate about $15 in fees per a ticket...

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 08:40:23 PM »
there's also the built-in premium of being on the floor and not having to wait in line all day.

i'm buying at least 2 for phoenix.

-dan

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 10:16:09 AM »
They have a separate merch & concessions too, so that's a factor.  In general GA, you leave, you lose your spot. 

Offline peggy2ten

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 06:11:29 AM »
I think the Red tickets are going for a great value - at least in the US.  For Paris, RED tickets were available for purchase during the public sale - I couldn't get GA or decent seats and paid $ 380 each!.  I'm glad to see U2 only did that for Paris and Nice.  I have GA for two US shows but RED for Tampa.  I'm bringing my husband and no way would he deal with the lines for GA.  To be very close to the stage with limited hassle, and no almost heart attack waiting to see if you'll get scanned into the ellipse, heart, circle, whatever,  is worth the extra money.  Who cares if I stand during the show - I would be anyway.  BTW, Tampa tickets started at a low of $ 115 and I got mine for $ 150.  I was also following Charlottesville and DC and think they went for $ 150 to $ 155 or so. 

I'll try to post after my Paris experience and share what it's like.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 06:01:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They have a separate merch & concessions too, so that's a factor.  In general GA, you leave, you lose your spot. 

What's "concessions" ? It obviously has a different meaning in the US market. Could someone please clarify?

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 06:49:33 PM »
I believe it refers to stands where you buy food, drink and souvenirs.

Birdlover