Author Topic: Will Vegas be the toughest ticket on tour?  (Read 1429 times)

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
Will Vegas be the toughest ticket on tour?
« on: April 09, 2009, 07:28:17 AM »
A couple of reasons why I think Vegas will be a tough ticket...

1.  Seating Capacity...this is obvious. Sam Boyd Stadium is the smallest stadium on the tour I think.
2.  It's Vegas....lot's of high rollers willing to spend whatever on tickets.
3.  It's Vegas....lot's of comps to be given out?

I am a Horizon member...but still worried that I won't be able to get GA's.  In fact, I'm trying to think of a back-up plan if no GA's are available.  Has anyone seen the price points on a seating chart for Sam Boyd Stadium?  It's possible a 2nd  could be added (the UNLV football team is away that weekend).  So, if no GA's available for show #1, do I get a seat or wait for a 2nd show announcement?  They play the Rose Bowl on the 25th, so that would mean 3 straight shows....2 Vegas, 1 Rose Bowl....so I don't think I can take that chance on a 2nd Vegas show.

And if I end up going to Vegas....I would be interested in tips on planning a great day trip or two.  Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Death Valley, etc.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:37:20 AM by dwaltman »

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Will Vegas be the toughest ticket on tour?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:35:17 AM »
I think you bring up good points for Vegas being tough to get tickets, but as a Horizon member, I don't think you'll have any trouble getting GA. I haven't even heard any complaints from Breathe Subscribers getting GA, and that's from places like Dublin, NY, Boston, Chicago, London, etc.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 08:25:24 AM »
I'd say certainly they wouldn't play the 23rd/24th (Vegas)/25th(LA)

One stage and logistics would make that an utter nightmare.

1 show in LA & LV I reckon.

Whill it be the hottest ticket in the US leg? Probably, but I can't really see horizon subscribers having too hard a time of it. Although it's a smaller stadium, generally speaking the GA volumes will be largely unaffected as the playing surfaces in all of these stadia are at least fairly similar in size. It's not like somewhere in Australia where the difference in field size between a Rugby League stadium and an Aussie Rules/Cricket ground are huge.

I think smaller stadia would make quality reserved seats harder to come by, but I'd imagine GA numbers would be pretty consistent.

Offline muthangya

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 08:40:11 AM »
Being a Horizon member, you will have NO problems in securing GA tickets for the Vegas show.  I do not think folks will have a difficult time in getting tickets during the pre-sale or even during the general sale, but the re-sale of tickets will probably be crazy due to it being in Vegas.

And as far as stage & logistics go, they have three complete stages that they are touring with!!

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 09:59:33 AM »
there is talk on another discussion board the stage lay-out may be similar to norman.  we won't know for sure until it's officially listed on ticketmaster.  even if it's a normal setup, the walkway would extend well past the 50 (unless they have different walkway extension setups for smaller stadiums.

it's tough to get GA tickets during a regular sale regardless of the venue.

-dan

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 11:40:18 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
there is talk on another discussion board the stage lay-out may be similar to norman.  we won't know for sure until it's officially listed on ticketmaster.  even if it's a normal setup, the walkway would extend well past the 50 (unless they have different walkway extension setups for smaller stadiums.

it's tough to get GA tickets during a regular sale regardless of the venue.

-dan

Hey, Dan, all the stage set ups are on 360.u2.com right now.

Here's Vegas:
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Of course, it kind of looks like the legs are partially in the stands, so I don't know how that's going to work out. As for the center field set up (like Norman), I think it's bad for GA, but amazing if you get lower level seats.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 11:46:41 AM »

Why do you think this setup is bad for GA ticket holders?

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 11:59:04 AM »
Sorry, I only meant the GA for Norman. The Vegas GA is similar to anywhere else, so I think it will be fine. Anyway, here's the layout for Norman:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

With this set up, I suppose it depends on how you look at the GA. On one hand, you'll be fairly close no matter what time you show up. On the other hand, there's only a small amount of GA ticket holders that will get directly in front of the stage. Most will be to the side, which I found to be kind of odd. Also, with the stage being so huge, I think the lower level seats in Norman will be better than most of the other stadiums due to how close you'll be.

Offline muthangya

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 01:36:11 PM »
From looking at the venue maps on 360.u2.com, it looks like the inner circle area is enormous.  If these maps are to scale, the stage is a little less than seventy yards wide (according to the Norman map) and slightly less than sixty yards deep (according to other US Football stadium maps).

Seems like a ton of people are going to be scanned into the inner circle.

Offline DRay9911

• Stateless
  • el pueblo vencera
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 03:32:18 PM »
nice find on the maps jason, i don't check u2.com as often as i should.  i never would have thought they would be able to fit the stage normally in vegas, but not norman.

i agree with you muthangya, the circle and the walkway is really big.  depending on the stadium and where they set up the actual stage, the walkway can extend well past mid-field.

with the norman layout, you get a good idea of how big the red zone is.

-dan