Author Topic: How far are you traveling to the concert?  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Fan since 14

• Babyface
Re: How far are you traveling to the concert?
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2009, 11:31:28 AM »
San Antonio to Milan for July 7 show (flying via Dublin!). Seeing this show in celebration of our 20th anniversary, taking our 13-year-old to her first concert. Standing should be very interesting; naturally we're hoping to get within close eyeshot.

Then San Antonio to Houston for the Oct. 14 show. Got seats for this one.

Any fan gatherings at either site that anyone knows of? I've never gone to one before.

mariamontreal

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »
From Montreal to Toronto- 600 miles approx

Offline u2pinstripes

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »
Flying from NJ to Milan for the July 7 show, and driving about 30 minutes to East Rutherford, NJ for the Giants Stadium 1 show.  (Its actually gonna be one of the last concerts at Giants Stadium.  The new one will be ready by July-August 2010)

InThisHeartland

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »
15 mi. to soldier field. aren't i the little traveler!  :D

Offline Got U2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • High People ! !
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2009, 05:51:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If I was to go ( Boycotting this Tour )

It would take 5 minutes from door step to door step. ( about 1.5 miles MAX )

If you climb up on my roof U can see the Stadium...........

Why are you boycotting this tour?

I Don't want to go negative responding to this, so I will start by saying
The best most powerful "Rock" Concert I ever attended was U2 @ Sundevil Stadium when they filmed
Rattle & Hum. That 1 show cemented U2 as Rock Gods for me ! ! !
Been very loyal since, But I like concerts to be about the Music & generally like Big Rock Production, especially from a group as big as U2 & tickets being so over inflated because they are Big.

Sadly I believe I have lost any desire to see U2 live after Vertigo tour, Too much preaching & I was expecting a tighter production. Bono spent most his time interacting with fans, sometimes missing his cue's. After they put the world human bill of rights on the big screen for 5+ minutes I really coped an attitude. Just growing apart it seems, me & U2.

Tempted to go to the Stadium Tour, maybe they could blow the roof off a joint like that.  ::)  ::)
But too Expensive & the new album NLOTH doesn't seem like it has the songs that are the type
that might have the Ump to do that. ( blow the roof off ! )

daveyg

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2009, 02:24:25 AM »
If I was to go ( Boycotting this Tour )

It would take 5 minutes from door step to door step. ( about 1.5 miles MAX )

If you climb up on my roof U can see the Stadium...........

Why are you boycotting this tour?

I Don't want to go negative responding to this, so I will start by saying
The best most powerful "Rock" Concert I ever attended was U2 @ Sundevil Stadium when they filmed
Rattle & Hum. That 1 show cemented U2 as Rock Gods for me ! ! !
Been very loyal since, But I like concerts to be about the Music & generally like Big Rock Production, especially from a group as big as U2 & tickets being so over inflated because they are Big.

Sadly I believe I have lost any desire to see U2 live after Vertigo tour, Too much preaching & I was expecting a tighter production. Bono spent most his time interacting with fans, sometimes missing his cue's. After they put the world human bill of rights on the big screen for 5+ minutes I really coped an attitude. Just growing apart it seems, me & U2.

Tempted to go to the Stadium Tour, maybe they could blow the roof off a joint like that.  ::)  ::)
But too Expensive & the new album NLOTH doesn't seem like it has the songs that are the type
that might have the Ump to do that. ( blow the roof off ! )

I'd say you're reflecting what alot of people are thinking right now.

I must say it is impressive and a sure sign of fan-dom that people are willing to travel thousands of miles just to see U2. Im half thinking of travelling to London - from Dublin - but that'd be it. Maybe it's just me, but seeing them in Dublin is good enough for me. Even if I had the time and money to travel with U2 on their tour, I probably wouldnt.