Author Topic: 360 Tour Gross?  (Read 2730 times)

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
360 Tour Gross?
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:01:05 AM »
I know that there are still shows that have yet to go on sale but does anyone know or care to guess how much the 360 tour has grossed up until now.  I know that Live Nation released a statement that they sold 2.5 million tickets but didn't say what that equals in dollars.

Offline tohydroman

• Babyface
Re: 360 Tour Gross?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 01:47:19 PM »
Just guessing that the average ticket price has to be around $150 due to the low amount $30 and the high end, $250 and they've sold 2.5 million tickets, that would amount to roughly $ 375 million for the first leg of the tour alone, not counting merch. etc.
The first leg alone will become the second highest grossing tour of all time and by the time they finish their second leg, $750 million without merch. again, they will have shattered the Stones record for the biggest selling tour of all time. This could potentially gross maybe $850 million! Wow!!

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:35:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just guessing that the average ticket price has to be around $150 due to the low amount $30 and the high end, $250 and they've sold 2.5 million tickets, that would amount to roughly $ 375 million for the first leg of the tour alone, not counting merch. etc.
The first leg alone will become the second highest grossing tour of all time and by the time they finish their second leg, $750 million without merch. again, they will have shattered the Stones record for the biggest selling tour of all time. This could potentially gross maybe $850 million! Wow!!

Mmmm.... how is that?, I read that Madonna's current tour has already set the record for the top grossing tour by any solo artist or band, and the tour grossed about $300 million last year without counting the fourth leg this summer.

Offline tohydroman

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »
The Stones have that record still, not Madonna. And U2 is second. The Stones grossed about $589 million? and U2 about $389 mill. but this tour will shatter all tours.
Madonna does well but not that well. Just google it and all the info will come up.
As far as this tour goes, it's just adding some very simple number up.  2.5 million at an average price for just one leg and then they have another leg in 2010 that is about the same size. All these figures don't include merch. either.

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 10:18:58 PM »
The Stones have that record still, not Madonna. And U2 is second. The Stones grossed about $589 million? and U2 about $389 mill. but this tour will shatter all tours.
Madonna does well but not that well. Just google it and all the info will come up.
As far as this tour goes, it's just adding some very simple number up.  2.5 million at an average price for just one leg and then they have another leg in 2010 that is about the same size. All these figures don't include merch. either.

Maybe the difference is that she does that load of money in about 4 moths of touring with no more than 60 shows, I don't know... I'll Google it.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 06:10:33 AM »
Soon to hold two of the top three highest grossing tours of all time? From their two most recent albums?

And people say U2 aren't relevant or that popular anymore?

Tch.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:23:51 AM »
Soon to hold two of the top three highest grossing tours of all time? From their two most recent albums?

And people say U2 aren't relevant or that popular anymore?

Tch.
I know.  I can' t believe people are saying this and they know that they always play a lot of new material from the new album when they tour and the tour is still shattering records everywhere.  I guess that U2 are held to such high standards that having the number 1 tour ain't good enough.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:52:57 AM by boom boom »

Offline tohydroman

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 09:14:11 AM »
Not only will they shatter an all time sales record for tours but have broken all time capacity records for most of the stadiums that they're going to play in. At 2.5 million people on the first leg alone, they are going to break an all time attendance record as well.

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 08:22:13 PM »
My mistake....

Madonna's current Sticky and Sweet tour is set to become the biggest selling tour by a solo artist.

The 50-year-old will have raked in an estimated $282m (185.7m) when the tour finishes in Sao Paulo, Brazil, later this month.

Tour producer Live Nation said the star's 28-date US leg sold 550,000 tickets and grossed $91.5m (60.2m).

Madonna had held the previous record with her Confessions tour in 2006, having taken $193.7m (127.5m).

Yes, she set a record but for 'solo artist' only.

Offline tohydroman

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 08:55:24 PM »
No problem, she is quite the entertainer but The Stones and U2 are in a league of their own especially when U2 finish this tour!
The Stones will eventually have to call it and understand that U2 still have a lot of touring ahead of them and Mick and the boys will be trying to figure out who they are going to let change their Depends diapers.

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 08:02:15 PM »
The Stones will eventually have to call it and understand that U2 still have a lot of touring ahead of them and Mick and the boys will be trying to figure out who they are going to let change their Depends diapers.

Hahahahahahaha...  :P :P