Author Topic: Hello U2 fans  (Read 5639 times)

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
Hello U2 fans
« on: December 09, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »
Nice to be here. I'm a 20-plus year fan of the band. I saw them live for the first time in 2005, it was the night of my life. I'm on the forum to do what I am not able to do in "real life," which is talk about U2 with other fans. I seem to be "stuck in a moment" where none of my friends or family are even remotely interested in Bono and the boys. Kinda sucks! (My 16 year old daughter, who definitely is not a U2 fanatic like her old pops, does have some respect for them, though, thanks to Beautiful Day and Vertigo.) Anyway, I own all the albums and concert DVDs, listen to U2 music almost constantly (though I've kinda slacked off lately) and am getting somewhat annoyed with the boys for not putting out any new material from that long-delayed new album we keep hearing about. See you on the boards! 8)

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
Re: Hello U2 fans
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:38:19 PM »
Welcome! I just wrote a post inviting you to join our Old Ladies Club  :D, I must have missed the "like her old pops" bit in your post.  ;)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:30:32 PM »
Welcome, Aburrow. You have found a great place to talk about your band! You are now officially "unstuck"! Like Starfish said, check out Old Ladies Club.  It's the "hottest" thread on the forum  ;).

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 04:36:03 PM »
Welcome.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 05:19:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  ;)